Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ventus Tatshima

[XRD] Sin Kiske Gameplay Discussion "Playing with Poles"

Musings and collected info on Sin. Game isn't out yet obviously, so much could be wrong, but I tried not to jump to too many conclusions. Much of this has already been said, I just like to gather things; makes it more difficult for me to forget the info.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qWK0cqTH_IrcJknsVFbyi_-ASh6wnZBFQRU3quCXBUo/edit

Akira (Pot) Vs Pachi (Sin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1DZPf4VMVU&list=UUKqw-drwHJ-a3h3UfAdND8Q 

2:40 Bull Bash actually seems to be quite a quick OH.

Beak Driver seems to be his goto special, seems like most CH will combo into full charged BD.

Akira (ELPH) Vs Pachi (Sin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giLe-X9h0EM

3:20 (I assume its) J.2H, but this move actually combos if hit low enough to the ground. 

1 Hit beak driver can be RCed for combo extension from near max range

Similar move to Venom c.S (probably Sins c.S) lifts for air combo

3:42 TK Vulture Seeds also seems like a decent OH. (Also picks up for air combo like c.S?)

4:50 Finally a CH RTL for 3 hits. For pretty big damage.

5:50 Million Stab  :CHP:

DP seems really poor

His DP does look kinda meh, but the plus side you can always cancel out of it as long as you've got the EAT meter for it. And I'm sure any Sin player worth his salt in the months to come is going to always have a little extra EAT to spare.

I'm actually kind of interested in Sin. I love his high flying animations and hilarious mechanic. He also wins by being swole as fuck, and I can get behind that.

The 3 hit Sin normal I thought was close slash is actually 2H. Should be a situational AA leading to big damage.

Food gauge starts at 10,000 calories, if it drops below this; eating brings it back to 10,000 cal even from 0.

If full (@10K) eating gives 3000 calories for a maximum of 16,000. 

Each special consumes 1000 cal.

Each cancel also consumes 1000 cal.

So Elk Hunt > Hawk Baker > Beak Driver = 5K

5HS is actually the delayed sweep. Which is actually a 2 hit normal, the first is a fast short range mid hit, followed by the slowish sweep.

Sin has no normal standing overhead except for 5D.

2K, 3K and 2D for lows.

Sadly 2S is mid  :(  but 5S looks godly.

Hawk Baker does have a red variant. Google Translate says on close hit, but I'll assume it means counter?

j.HS (the 3 hit spin) gatlings into j.D. (Which looks interesting from the image, nobody's used it yet in a match)

6P > c.S > j.S > dj.S > dj.6H > Vulture Seeds > Beak Driver. (Piss easy 162 damage should kill majority of the cast in 3). Should be possible to break 200 with 2H and some J.D.

sin's dp when it hits close up does a critical hit which has more untech time

using it to beat wakeup reversals might be ok every now and then depending on how active it is, but either way you'll probably die if they backdash

going by the wiki though i can imagine some retardedly high damage combos off it if there isn't any sort of initial or forced prorate

stuff like critical dp>bash>charged driver wall stick>stuff>driver>stabs

it didn't look like it had much blockstun, making it much more risky without meter

I uploaded the new images from 4gamer onto Sin's wiki. Lemme know if I made a mistake or if you have feedback. Staff Rain is missing because the server kept giving me errors when I tried to upload.

Edit: Has anyone else noticed the vacuum effect on j. 6H? It seems to side switch when you use it in an aerial combo.

I uploaded the new images from 4gamer onto Sin's wiki. Lemme know if I made a mistake or if you have feedback. Staff Rain is missing because the server kept giving me errors when I tried to upload.

Edit: Has anyone else noticed the vacuum effect on j. 6H? It seems to side switch when you use it in an aerial combo.

j.6H is to pull them in for vulture seeds. If opponent is too close or you cancel to slow, then you will be crossed up. In the few videos we have seen, this has only happened once iirc. 

Overheads (): 5D, Bull Bash, TK Vulture Seeds, TK Beak Driver?

Lows (): 2K, 3K, 2D, 5H (2nd hit), Elk Hunt

Chains into itself (): 5A, 2A, j.A

Jump Cancelable: 5A, 5K, c.S, 5HS (1), 2HS, j.A, j.K, j.S, j.D

Special Cancelable (): Everything except 5D

I never noticed that j.D before, good spot. That explains why I thought Vulture Seeds was 2 hit at one point.

Another thing: Million Stabs seems punishable on standing hit atleast. 

Updated the wiki again with the information from Hiago's Evernote, as well as most of the information I've gathered from this thread. Also, it looks like Sin costs 200k in-game currency. To put it into perspective, you get around 7k from 1 Arcade mode playthrough on 2/3 round, medium difficulty. Sin costs 250 yen for an instant unlock, so I'll be going that route, and I'm sure many others will as well >.>

Looks like Sin costs 200,000 WS, so the first order of business for us will be figuring out the fastest way to grind WS if you don't want to shell out the $2 to unlock him.

Im hoping for 1000 points per trial but it'll probably be more like 100.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1417540860

20:40 smash that risc bar.

So far iv seen 2 easy meterless combos that do 1/3 of the bar.

6P > c.S > j.S > dj.S > dj.6HS > Vulture Seeds > Beak Driver > Food 

5D > 8 > j.6H > j.6H > j.SPS > dj.S > dj.6H > Vulture Seeds > Beak Driver (2)

Flashing risc + optimum starter + X,000 calories will it be possible for a 100% combo??? :yaaay:

Anyone interested in making evernote or google docs document for this guy? I'm gonna be labbing him up so sharing info would be cool. Also might be streaming lab/launch party with this guy as soon as the game is available. 

I'm going to attempt to come up with gimmicks.

I'll help contribute when I can. I may be able to do simple frame data if it isn't already completely figured out.

Anyone interested in making evernote or google docs document for this guy? I'm gonna be labbing him up so sharing info would be cool. Also might be streaming lab/launch party with this guy as soon as the game is available.

I'll be happy to do it

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2