Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

faultydefense

Houston TX: Mash Hard or Go Home

Hey there Houston natives! I just got a job in the Houston area and will be moving there in mid-October. I'll be narrowly escaping the deadly winters of central New York to deal with the sweltering heat of the south. At anyrate, I'll be living about a half hour south of the City at first. I've never really lived in an area with an 'arcade scene' and I'm not even really sure if Houston really has one... I was just curious as to what 'ya'll' think of the area, and maybe when I get down there we can get a few matches in? Well, if you want to play sometime online, my PSN ID is dgowen, but in a few weeks, the connection will be a lot better, haha.

ya, we have a fairly dedicated arcade scene but only in a few games we have a lot of sf4 players (thought only a few are actually good, a lot play regularly) and our tekken scene is pretty strong guilty gear is dead, and blazblue is mostly kept up by a lot less than stellar players i still play gear often enough with my roommate, and on any set day i might be able to get 2-3 people from the arcade in on gear casuals, but i dont feel like puttin forth any effort for gatherings for any other games. Outiside that our arcade hosts tournaments every now and then that get varying degrees of support. The sf4 weeklies draw a crowd though. there aren't that many hardcore players so its nice for a casual scene post up when you make it down, my psn is faultydefense and i'm willing to play when i'm on, though as i play more blazblue, i get on less and less >.>

Dgowen: I live South East side of Houston. Pasadena, TX. Really. N e who. Yeah, the only arcades are at the Galleria and at Planet Zero. Galleria doesn't have Blaz. They have Tekken6 but not BR, and they have Marvel. If you want to play T6BR and Blaz then go to PZ. But that's about 45 minutes from my house. Lil Sassy: I should be down at the U of H. If I don't do anything/plans for Friday/Saturday, I'll probably try to up to PZ. It's just one hella drive and I don't drive. I would need to get a ride. So we'll see. But Thursday, I'm trying to get an update on the place to make sure it goes down. Anybody else goin?

Add me on facebook, I'd rather get in touch with people in the houston scene via that than on here. just ask me for my info or give me yours.

New BB Homie's: I hope to see all you there. I'm a roll up there with about 5 of us. 3 of us are goin mainly for BB. I'm trying to get more people to go. I wrote Kensou on myspace and I'm tryin to get Delany from Tekken to go. If not, then man, it will still be alot of us (7 if i'm not correct). Hope yall can make it. ps. We will be playing on PS3 in case you have sticks/pads you want to bring. Peace. Sassy: Area is H U G E! Plenty of room and Screens.

still waiting to see how my ride situation turns out, but i think i'll wind up going, is so should be able to find me by a backwards longhorns cap, or if i'm running the BB tv with bang :eng101:

GG's to Sas, Blade, Faulty and the other cats that showed up. I learned alot and this is really the only way to get better. Not playing the computer. I hope I helped yall out to in any way. I will keep you all posted for the next game night. Dirty D: You are pretty solid man. I didn't expect that. Good shit. If you go to PZ alot, I think you know who my homie is but if not, I would love to see you and him throw down. We'll see what's up with some gatherings soon, before the next game night. Blade: Damn that Clamp!!! I'll figure it out. I also have a homie that mains Rachel and Love to see you and him throwdown. Sass: Keep working on that V13. We goin to make Houston home of the best V13. I'm a practice hard core for set ups and stuff. I'm a take her to the next level. They gonna have to call me V14 son! LOL Good shit last night guy's. I'll have more people next time and maybe yall can help with a system. Would really help alot! I understand none of yall knew what yall were goin to and for me to ask yall to bring a system would have been wierd. But now you know how this game night goes down and how cool the people are, you all would be more comfortable. I take up my whole system and I'm pretty comfortable with the people. Joe, the black dude that was runnin the joint owns all those tv's. So it's cool. N e who. Good shit again and hope to see yall soon at a gathering.

You're friends were tight too, I'm glad you brought em haha. Next time I'll haul over my PS3 to help out as well.

Went ahead and made a myspace to help keep in touch and get stuff done.

http://www.myspace.com/500843588

and my facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ThePassionOfTheGoatMan?ref=profile

Ya, good games you all. Was good to get to play some other people for once. I'll try to meet up with you guys again sometime.

Hello everyone. :] Just joined Dustloop specifically for this thread haha. My two friends who I normally played fighting games with have just moved to Corpus and the other to Wisconsin, so my only way of practice now is with Xbox Live. If anyone wants to play PM me or add me on XBL? I don't have a car or anything but I can get to where I need to be, and I need to practice with an arcade stick. I have a SF SE stick, but that thing is terrible. When I try playing BB at PZ I got my ass handed to me(granted that was before the game came to consoles). But yeah, I'd love to practice with anyone who has a better arcade stick, or perhaps I could buy a new stick/buttons from someone? Hah.

Hello everyone. :] Just joined Dustloop specifically for this thread haha. My two friends who I normally played fighting games with have just moved to Corpus and the other to Wisconsin, so my only way of practice now is with Xbox Live. If anyone wants to play PM me or add me on XBL? I don't have a car or anything but I can get to where I need to be, and I need to practice with an arcade stick. I have a SF SE stick, but that thing is terrible. When I try playing BB at PZ I got my ass handed to me(granted that was before the game came to consoles). But yeah, I'd love to practice with anyone who has a better arcade stick, or perhaps I could buy a new stick/buttons from someone? Hah.

I'm working on the stick thang. If anything, we had about 3 different sticks to play with the last time we had our gathering. I'll post up on the next gathering.

Sass: Practice that 3C into 214A. So many posibilities man!!! I'm a be well prepared the next time fella's

D-fense: I'm huntin for you!