Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

faultydefense

Houston TX: Mash Hard or Go Home

I actually asked the guy at Insomnia about this.  He told me what you already know. "We don't hold tournaments for Blazblue anymore because everyone switched over to Guilty Gear when it came out."  --but, he went on to say, "Friday nights is free play, so you can come in and play whatever game you want with whoever you want."

So I guess technically that'd count as weeklies, but you'd have to find other people willing to play with you that night.  I gave up on BB for this exact reason, not much of a local scene.  Now I'm part of the problem.  I also just play Xrd.  XD

Guess I'm not heading out there then since I don't care at all about Xrd.  What a shame.  Thanks for looking out though, I really appreciate it.

On 10/22/2015, 9:01:17, shotguns said:

Hi, I'm new to Guilty Gear and would like to know where the community meets for casuals. 

I don't live there but from what I know they go to Insomnia Games, Google that & if you're on Facebook, check out the page & join the Texas Fighting Game Community group to then ask where the Houston Xrd players talk about playing & you should be good from there. Don't think too many people use forums for that stuff sadly nowadays. Here's the link to the Houston players Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FGCHouston/

If that doesn't work & if you have Twitter, ask around for JustKensou & Kid Viper, they're from that area & are veteran players of games. Good luck