Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WintySoSolo

input reader

after doing random DPs in neutral on netplay today I decided to actually go into training mode and look at inputs to figure out how to stop doing DP when i want quarter circles.

623A is 623A

65236A is 623A

6541236A is 623A

am i missing something or is it just impossible to not dp in this game

Go to neutral for 4 frames before doing 236. The input interpreter's buffer is sorta weird, but you can generalize it as working in 4 frame intervals.

This game is sorta like Tekken of KOF where you have to let the stick go to neutral in order to do other motions correctly without a miss input. I do it all the time as Linne in order to get 236C instead of 623C after doing 6CC. It's a very important skill and it will help you overall become a better player it's helping me tons because I can from SF where the stick doesn't always have to be in neutral. 

after doing random DPs in neutral on netplay today I decided to actually go into training mode and look at inputs to figure out how to stop doing DP when i want quarter circles.

623A is 623A

65236A is 623A

6541236A is 623A

am i missing something or is it just impossible to not dp in this game

I have that same problem. I keep getting grim reaper instead of a mortal slide sometimes. Someone told me you have to completely go back to neutral for the mortal slide input.

This is super useful. As I'm a player coming from SF as well its hard to get used to but I understand it. I was running sets with a friends last night a we both had inputs that just came out almost by themselves and of course we all say "i didn't do that!" hahah.

^ 6642136 A or B or C. Thats usually how you get those inputs out

Wait that might not work for C version. Does gordeau have a hcfC?

Doesn't work. You have to do it at the very end of a dash. I haven't found a way to really clean mortal slide out of a dash

... are you sure?

Doesn't work. You have to do it at the very end of a dash. I haven't found a way to really clean mortal slide out of a dash

If you're doing a microdash mortal slide, you're pretty much outta luck, though I think it's easier to use the 6+AB dash command for earliest possible mortal slide. Using the 41236 input trick might help you time your input (and help you stop dashing), but that's about all it'll do.

If you're just trying to hold a dash and mortal slide out of it, hold your dash with 3 instead of 6 and you'll be able to do 236 when you want to.

So that's why I keep getting grim reaper instead of rekkas after the OTG slide. Gonna take some practice, but I'll get this method down.

I understand why you cant just hcf after a dash to get a fireball (or in this case mortal slide). I do this all the time with this kinda stuff