Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mooglebane

[P4AU] Margaret Gameplay Discussion

Guys, chill with the Kokonoe stuff. It's like, with every new female char we get people will proclaim them as the "Kokonoe of the game". Feels like really pointless speculation to me.

Not to be rude or anything, but having a kokonoe palette makes sense, since they're both somewhat older women, at least appearence-wise and both have a reputation of being powerful and intelligent, that doesn't necessarily mean they're both supposed to be Uber SSS+ Tier lol

besides, margaret is the closest person you'd think of when wanting to give a kokonoe color.

OK so the more I see the book pounding attack (or possibly sweep) the more I realize how dangerous that thing can be, I mean it just screams "don't you dare zone"

I don't know it's exact range but from what we've seen so far it's seems big, I can't imagine a yukiko or narukami maybe trying to zone with the thought of being instantly sweeped from a distance.

OK so the more I see the book pounding attack (or possibly sweep) the more I realize how dangerous that thing can be, I mean it just screams "don't you dare zone"

I don't know it's exact range but from what we've seen so far it's seems big, I can't imagine a yukiko or narukami maybe trying to zone with the thought of being instantly sweeped from a distance.

Seems to be fullscreen range.

Seems to be fullscreen range.

Well if that's the case, it would seem hopping then performing a ranged attack is the only way to attack from fullscreen during neutral.

Sure that's problematic for some characters since some of their own long ranged moves can only be done in the ground, but it's the only way to go without them being punished.

I'm expecting mostly air-to-air combat considering how Margaret's sweep can pretty much shut-down most options of zoning. Along with her high-mobility making it risky already to decide to use a beam or any of the sort.

No seems to have bothered translating Margaret's command list, so here's a translation for you guys.

FURIOUS ACTION
Ultra Suplex (ウルトラスープレックス) B+D (Air OK)

SKILLS
Divine Wind (神空波) 236C/D (Air OK)
Gale Slash (疾風斬) 214A/B (Air OK)
God's Hand (ゴッドハンド) 214C/D

SP SKILLS
Power Slash (パワースラッシュ) 236236A/B
Panta Rhei (万物流転) 236236C/D (Air OK)

AWAKENED SP SKILLS
Hassou Tobi (八艘跳び) 214214A/B
Mediarahan (メディアラハン) 214214C/D

INSTANT KILL
Morning Star (明けの明星) 222C+D

Thanks Souregna! Power slash is that two part slash with yoshitsune which is also at the end of her auto combo, phanta rhei (YES!) is that tornado super with cu chulain, mediarahan is a healing super with ardha and hassou tobi is, well, who doesn't know what it is lol

four supers is nice, divine wind is that spear throwing attack, god's hand is similar to chie's, gale slash could be that sliding attack (we narukami now), not sure but possibly not since it's air OK

I'm also curious about mediarahan as megablues mentioned as to why it's mediarahan and not simply diarahan, it could possibly recover persona cards or add a buff to her attacks or maybe even heal status ailments, this is the one special thats hard to discern because we don't see its actual effects unlike her other supers

Not to be rude or anything, but having a kokonoe palette makes sense, since they're both somewhat older women, at least appearence-wise and both have a reputation of being powerful and intelligent, that doesn't necessarily mean they're both supposed to be Uber SSS+ Tier lol

besides, margaret is the closest person you'd think of when wanting to give a kokonoe color.

Also, both of them are post-release DLC :v:

Margaret confirmed to be available a week after the NA release, Hype increased

Is this also true for Japan? Thought they'd have it a lot sooner. I don't want to import this, I just want footage of Margaret. This game has been so low on my radar that I just realized it already launched lol.

Is this also true for Japan? Thought they'd have it a lot sooner. I don't want to import this, I just want footage of Margaret. This game has been so low on my radar that I just realized it already launched lol.

Japan gets her September 25th

So based on what the wiki states about Margaret selection (never knowing that was something she had until now lol) and some of the previous DLC footage, Margaret can sort of "chain" her Persona attacks, ex. cu chulain attack into yoshitsune attack or cu chulain into ardha attack, not 100% sure tho but in the DLC show off she was able to do things like go directly into ardha's grab or go from yoshitsune into ardha's grab so I believe its something along those lines, I don't know if it applies to skills as well, either way I think its gives her some depth and variety which is always nice.

I'm getting so anxious to try her, experimenting with her is going to be a blast.

it's hard to tell without better footage or training mode, it could literally be just a regular 5C 2C combo etc unless she can use all her specials as some sort of "rekkas".

Could be, for all we know Margaret selection is just something they added to make her sound cool lol, don't know what "rekka" is though.

Just another thought, if her god's hand is an overhead like chie's and if her sweep (book pound) or zio car is a low we basically have a mid/full screen mixup right there, I don't know about everyone else but just the idea of it makes me giddy.

That makes sense, it also reminds me somewhat of Noel's Drive.

the only thing about her that we don't know for sure is her 2A, I'm still not entirely convinced that her sweep (book pound) is a low (it was never shown to be a low so far) it has way too much range, so I hope she has at least one good low or close range poke

That makes sense, it also reminds me somewhat of Noel's Drive.

the only thing about her that we don't know for sure is her 2A, I'm still not entirely convinced that her sweep (book pound) is a low (it was never shown to be a low so far) it has way too much range, so I hope she has at least one good low or close range poke

If it's a 2A+B, it's a low. Sweeps are the Universal low in the same way AoA are Universal overheads.

Can't believe I missed this.

in the DLC show off at around 8:05, Margaret did a kick that goes straight down, looks like a j.2B similar to amane's.

and by the way Diveman I finally realized what Rekka is lol.

Can't believe I missed this.

in the DLC show off at around 8:05, Margaret did a kick that goes straight down, looks like a j.2B similar to amane's.

and by the way Diveman I finally realized what Rekka is lol.

I remember seeing that, but it wasn't shown to have a hit box. It probably does, but it would be cool if she just had a fastfall as her j. 2B.

Margaret looks well on her way to being kusoge territory. Only a few more days!

Also noticed that bookquake doesn't seem to leave much hitstun, SB Gale Slash followup was a yellow beat and Margaret wasn't too far away. Hopefully, it was the demonstrator and not just her.  

As long as I can have God's Hand on tap I'm good lolol.

ohhhh Gale Slash was that cu chulain spear spinning move? I thought it was zio car with yoshitsune? I'm confused on which is which lol

five days! but I won't be getting her on my JP copy, I'm getting all the DLC on my US copy, so to all you lucky dogs who are getting her soon, I envy you :mad::arg:

214AB Swordcar (limo?) or whatever nickname we will eventually give it. I was saying that bookquake is probably hard to follow up without counterhit.

http://youtu.be/SV9CC9mAOx8?t=8m43s

Margaret was basically a character and a half distance away and SB sword limo still got yellow beat. We will see soon enough Wednesday.