Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mooglebane

[P4AU] Margaret Gameplay Discussion

for some reason even though Margaret seems very reliant on her personas for offense amongst other things, and with her having 8 cards which basically means the timer ends before recovering them lol, I don't think she'll be completely helpless without them, she does have stuff like 5a tha gawd, DP and Air-DP, which don't need her personas

her DP also seems reasonably fast AND actually does damage (Unlike Lizzie lol) that could make it harder to react to

and let's not forget teleporting AoA, she seems able to defend herself a little bit, unlike say Yukiko who's absolutely bad on defense without sakuya

this is all speculation and analyzing on my part so it should be taken with a grain of salt

on a much more important note (not really) I love the nutty-ness of her attacks, I mean really how often do you see someone like Margaret doing a Suplex throw?!

Her localized title:

The Sadistic Stud-Keeping Secretary 

I'm worried about the fact that she has a healing super. That almost assures she'll have low life. 

Am I the only one who thinks that title is wierd? since Ardha is technically half-male and half-female (half from shiva and half from parvati)

oh well, great title either way.

for some reason even though Margaret seems very reliant on her personas for offense amongst other things, and with her having 8 cards which basically means the timer ends before recovering them lol, I don't think she'll be completely helpless without them, she does have stuff like 5a tha gawd, DP and Air-DP, which don't need her personas

her DP also seems reasonably fast AND actually does damage (Unlike Lizzie lol) that could make it harder to react to

and let's not forget teleporting AoA, she seems able to defend herself a little bit, unlike say Yukiko who's absolutely bad on defense without sakuya

this is all speculation and analyzing on my part so it should be taken with a grain of salt

on a much more important note (not really) I love the nutty-ness of her attacks, I mean really how often do you see someone like Margaret doing a Suplex throw?!

Well, to offset the range of her 5A, it's slower than most 5As, similar to Mitsuru. I don't know what Margaret's 2A looks like, but I'm not sure they'll allow her the luxury of a fast poke. Speed isn't the problem with her DP. The problem is that it's easy to avoid and she can't cancel into super on whiff. Sure Elizabeth gets away with doing DP sometimes, but if she messes up once, well on to the next round.

Basically, her defense isn't that great. Her offense is quite good though, so at least that can offset it a bit. Either way, Margaret is looking good.

You do have a point, there is still so much we don't know, we'll just have to wait and see, I sure hope someone posts a link to the stream in better quality soon, there were so many things I missed due to the low quality

Guys (and gals), please note that her reversal is not a suplex, but a piledriver. I should know, I play grapplers.

EDIT: Or even an Inazuma drop, even though she's not a ninja.

OK so this is what I managed to get, anyone feel free to correct me or add to these observations

Dash and air Dash are really good

Auto combo did around 1942 first time I saw it, second time did around 1800, went into Yoshitsune's two sword slash super

DP did 1128

5AAAAA has great range, involves Margaret placing out 5 cards then shooting beams from them

5B moves Margaret forward quite a bit, about half-screen

2B is a rising spin attack with cards spinning around Margaret, leaves her airborne, seems really big, could be quite scary if it was AUB

2A or Sweep (not really sure) Margaret pounds her book on the floor, has AMAZING range, could be low like asterious buffalo hammer, knocks down, most likely a sweep

5C has cu chulain do a spear thrust, similar to mitsuru 5a and ken spear thrust

5CC (not really sure) has yoshitune lunge forward and attack with both swords

J.A a Card swips itself in front of Margaret

J.B Aerial version of 5b also pushes Margaret forward

J.C has yoshitsune attack with his swords diagonally downwards

J.D has ardha shoot out a fireball diagonally downwards, fast and doesn't affect margaret's momentum

236C has cu chulain shoot out his spear, decent speed and goes full screen, pushes margaret back slightly

214C/D (God's hand) has ardha perform god's hand, similar to chie's, C version seems closer than D version, C did 1600, D did 1800

236236C has cu chulain do a tornado like super, did around 2000

some things I wasn't able to figure out their commands

Yoshitsune sliding attack: Margaret slides along the ground with yoshitsune, he then follows up in the air while margaret is on the ground

Cu chulain spear spin: cu chulain spear has a whirlwind effect on its tip, hits multiple times

Ardha freeze grab: Ardha grabs the opponent before knocking them back with the freeze state, command grab (had the green icon for command grabs)

Now I gotta go treat my carpal tunnel from writing all this lol

The ground pound move is definitely her sweep.

It more than likely is.

Also, like some characters in the game, her DP (Pildriver) can be done in the air.

With all those moves, it's almost guaranteed or at least needed for her to be low hp since she also moves pretty quickly compared to quite a few other characters. 

I actually like the idea of her being a glass canon, but I hope she can at least get some damage off without too much trouble or have some tools to keep the opponent away, and she seems somewhat mobile so she could turn out to be a low health character like GBAer64 said, but we don't know much yet so >_< there I go again daydreaming of using margaret in the training room lol

Margaret's colors, which I've tweeted on Twitter yesterday.

Her reference palettes are as follows:

• P4U2 swap - Rise
  • BlazBlue - Kokonoe
  • Guilty Gear - May
  • Persona series swap - Ulala Serizawa (Persona 2)

I was really hoping that she would have one based on Millia and the Personas would be the other 3 Assassins. 

Anyways, I wonder if God's Hand is also an overhead albeit likely telegraphed.

Margaret's colors, which I've tweeted on Twitter yesterday.

Her reference palettes are as follows:

• P4U2 swap - Rise
  • BlazBlue - Kokonoe
  • Guilty Gear - May
  • Persona series swap - Ulala Serizawa (Persona 2)
Well she IS looking like Kokonoe right now. Retardly strong is basically what I mean. Which leaves me icky... Whether I'm the opponent or not...

I really REALLY do hope that she's a glass cannon. Even though that was originally Elizabeth's job (btw they really should buff her), she needs low health if I PERSONALLY want to take her seriously. Since that's the only possible drawback left that hasn't been covered up by the demos, trailers, and videos.

This dims down my hopes at Arc System Works from giving the Kokonoe treatment to Margaret... . -.;;

None of us will see the light of the victory... lights and confetti ever again. Unless we fight someone who's too cheap.