Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mooglebane

[P4AU] Margaret Gameplay Discussion

it does seem to have little hitstun. I'm not sure if this is a universal thing or not but do all sweeps have the same untech time? if so then her sweep could be considered "Normal" so to speak, I'm just worried that it won't have any uses other than looking cool and its start up is looking somewhat slow.

There was a yellow beat combo but it kind of ended with spear normal reset into bookquake and gave knockdown (as a sweep should).

Whether she can make setups with it or of it ala Shabrys remains to be seen.

I made this throwaway account just to post. I have Margaret running on my PS3 right now. Sweep into 214A/B or 214AB all combo. You can combo from 214B and 214AB for more damage. I'm not very good at finding combos but sweep > 214B > 2B > C > j.B > j.C > j.2C > j.214B does 2536 and knocks down.

it's probably a troll, none has Margaret yet

I figured he had a hacked PS3, which is how people were able to play Marie before she was downloadable. I thought she might have been made available on hacked consoles after the update today. Either way we'll see what's up in a few hours.

With how fast people accessed Marie, I wouldn't be surprised if people hacked Margaret already, anywhos....

I'M HYPED! Margaret's a day away! give or take a few hours lol depending on when they release her

With how fast people accessed Marie, I wouldn't be surprised if people hacked Margaret already, anywhos....

I'M HYPED! Margaret's a day away! give or take a few hours lol depending on when they release her

Actually, due to the magic of time zones, she should be released sometime tonight, which means you only have to wait a few hours. Escalate your hype appropriately!

YES! this is ittttt, after waiting for nearly a month from Ultimax's release just to finally get our main girl Margaret and not taking the game seriously at all, we're finally getting our favorite limo attendent! can't wait to decimate eveyone's butt!!!!!! #TeamMargaret.

oh yeah this isn't twitter lol

Soon our Empress comes! Finally I can play someone who's fierce like Millia /and/ has no fucks to give like Slayer.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/3cc2688b46456f20f27c9e57a7d79c66/tumblr_ncdxhhjZhQ1r2au9ro1_400.gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/ff37e691f4ad51b0c5761c2e45945432/tumblr_nceicf9rqH1qj957oo1_500.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/1aefc956e09911c885e263bfe9dd90d8/tumblr_nblnnniPxo1sd4mmco1_500.gif

So basically as soon as 8 possibly, I'll give God Hands like a hot platter for the first day.

Her jump C doesn't reach as far as Adachi's but it does have to be blocked high. I sort of hacked Margaret myself because all the hacked stuff were still on 1.01 last I checked. I could tell you more if you're curious but I figured it wouldn't really matter at this point.

Since you guys were talking about her 2A earlier, her 2A is a slide that goes a little less than half screen.

Some hour 1 frame data and observations. Unless otherwise noted, assume it's special and one more cancellable, and none of her normals are jump cancellable on block. Format is startup, static diff, note.

5A: 9f, -5, beam portion whiffs on crouchers.

2A: 8f, -6 to -13 depending on distance. Sliding low, does not low profile.

5B: 10f, -4 to -8 depending on distance.

2B: 7f, advantage depends on spacing; 4 hits, only first is AUB.

5C: 12f, -19

2C: 25f, -9, fatal counter

5D: 35f, grab

2D: 24f, AA grab

Sweep/2AB: 23f, -9, reaches full screen. Causes very little blockstun

AoA: 41f, -26 on block, tracking overhead, crosses up.

Reversal: 14f, grab, fatal recovery

J.A: 7f, overhead

J.B: 12f

J. 2B: 13f, overhead, fatal counter

J. C: 12f, overhead

J. 22C: 29f, fatal counter

j. D: 20f

J. 2D: 22f, freezes on hit

J. 22D: anti air grab

236c/d spear throw

C: 16f, -20 (air 11f)

D: 19f, -6 (air 31f)

CD: 18f, -4 (air 11f)

214A/B (slide)

A: 12f, -12 (air 14f)

B: 17f, -15 (air 14f)

AB: 13f (air 14f)

214C/D god hand

C: 25f, -5, overhead

D: 28f, -10, overhead

CD: 24f, -5, overhead

So apparently inputting Power Slash (236236 A/B) super twice in a row during superflash will make it a little more damaging, but not enough for an extra 50 meter though?

5D is a command grab with fire similar to Liz's 5D, CH gives a little wallbounce that can be comboed. Ardha (the blue-red Persona) has a little invuln while it advances with an aura trail.

2D is an anti-air command grab that freezes. Less distance that 5D, less invuln?

j.D is a fireball, j2D is an iceball. Reasonably fast too.

Mediarahan (214214 C/D) will actually slightly heal the opponent. So ummm, uses? CD heals quite fast as you would expect.

God's Hand (214 C/D) is still an overhead but the hitbox isnt as vertically large as Chie's (who can smack you down to hell from the cloud), C seems reasonably fast when cancelled from another Persona attack.

Gale Slash (214 A/B) is low like Ziocar.

Someone told me that the Mediarahan reverses the damage taken starting from a point in the past of the round (for both players), that's her awakening super also. Haven't tried that yet, guess it needs to be in a match.

I take it the sweep is actually not a low?

Can she zip around the screen with basic movement/normals with decent recovery or do her movement based moves feel like they shouldn't be whiffed?

Her sweep is a low, and on FC has more hitstun. Her normals are unsafe, but you can cancel every one of them into something else, so at the end you're so far that is hard to punish. For example on a opponent blocking you can do: 2A (slide-low) > 5B > 5A > 5B > 5C, you end like two characters away.

I feel her a VERY bad matchup for zoners, she has so many tools anti-zoning. AoA auto-teleports behind the opponent and is an overhead of course (does cross-up in the corner, but the opponent ENDS in ther corner), the sweep (lol, you can combo from it, from very far away), the 236C/D absorbs projectiles, travels super fast and has low startup (it eats up Yukari's feather arrow).

I think her damage is not that great though. From a sweep with 50 bar is like 3k for me so far, but she has so many tools within her normals and specials. Her j2B is a fast fall like Seth's, but it hits when she falls (you can cross-up that too). 2D AA grab freezes, kind of slow though.

I think her damage is not that great though. From a sweep with 50 bar is like 3k for me so far, but she has so many tools within her normals and specials.

I got 3k for 25SP off sweep using:

2AB>214AB>2A>2B>j.C>j.2C jc j.C>j.2C>j.D>j.214B

found some incredibly basic combos 

2C 2D dash up 2C xx 214D = 2392 meterless

2C 2D dash up 5B 5C xx 214B xx 236236A = 3018 50 SP

this character is so weird and awesome

2C > 2D > God Hand might be a better route, not sure.

[crouching] 5A > 5B > 5C > 236D > OMC > 66 > 2C > 2D > 214C > 2B > j.C > j.2C > jc > j.C > j.2B = 3833 damage

She gets good damage off counter hits as well. 3.5k-4k seems to be the average. Probably not optimal. Will have to wait and see.

Counter hit route would be CH 5A > 2C > 2D > 214C > 2B > j.C > j.2C > jc > j.C > j.2B

You kind of have to end your combos with j.2B with her so you get the knockdown. j.214AB does knockdown as well, the B version kinda does, most times they can still air tech slightly before hitting the ground. Anyways, not saying these are optimal or anything, just some stuff I found.