VR-Raiden

[P4AU] Ken Amada Combo Thread (Updated 09/30/2014)

Unfortunately there's some combos where you need to hit 2B but the proration is too high for 2A > 2B to connect.

I recommend not relying on 2A > 2B until you can recognise when you've messed up the 236B timing and then start going for 2A > 2B instead of 2B only when you know you need it and you know it works.

That's what I thought, for some combos well most the link will be necessary, for the time being while its week 1 going on 2 it will work for now. Ill just grind the combos out when I have time off from school.

Got a pretty nice 3.6k meterless combo off of sweep, and meter could be easily incorporated for even more damage with a DP into something, or a run up 236236x. Sweep starter seems like it might be the ideal and resource efficient way to start combos when punishing people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPM95vg4BH4

Made a combo video, sort of random in content, but I guess you could say it's with an emphasis on damage, using a lot of meter finishes. Some stuff is just styling, some is high damage stuff and I did a combo off of a variety of starters, including DP starters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39nTneIhIpQ&feature=youtu.be

Ken Trial 25 Combo

(Corner Only)

236236D  OMC sjB(236C)j2B land 236B~B delay 2C dash BD land 214214A

6200 damage, not really hard to hit, just need to stack Koromaru on the dummy for max damage 236236D for 3500.  Go lazy folks!

Great find, thank you! Was just complaining about how Ken's combos seem kinda stale/one dimensional. This adds some replay value and variety.

Great find, thank you! Was just complaining about how Ken's combos seem kinda stale/one dimensional. This adds some replay value and variety.

Stuff takes time I guess, especially with a puppet char

Something I could see being useful for healing Koromaru:

midscreen CH B+D > 2A+B > 214B or 214A+B

Seems impossible to punish, I tried lots of fast long range stuff. Might be disadvantage on 214B, but it doesn't seem like much.

Shouldn't be limited to CH B+D starter either, any time you could land a sweep and it should work.

A good thing to note that I found with Ken's AoA, you can use D ender anywhere on the screen w/o fatal and actually get a 236A to continue the combo

So far the only one I've been using is ~D> 236A> 236C> 236B(A)> 214C oki   2000+ dmg

For this combo it's hard to tell how much damage you'll get depending on how many hits you actually complete before the D ender but I've always gotten around 2000+ while trying to get as close to 18 hits as possible.

Challenge 24 with Ken also offers a D ender combo as well, this time in the corner and with the fatal ender

~D(Fatal)> 2B> 2A+B> 236B> 2B> 2A+B> 236A(B)> 214D> B+D> 214214B     4914 dmg

From here: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24360219

All combos start with Koromaru put away

I haven't labbed all of these so my indications as to when to press 5C to bring Koro in will be based on my knowledge of how long that move takes... Just be aware I may estimate poortly

5A > 5B > 5C > 2AB > 236AB > 2B > j.A(1) > j.B > j.2B > 236C/D > dash 236A~A > 236D > dash 236B~B > 236C > super

I believe 5C should be done around the same time as 5A here.

5AA > 5B > 5C > 236AB > 2B > 236C/D > 236B > 2B > j.A(1) > j.B > j.2B > 236C/D > dash 236A~B > super

5C should happen like 5A > 5AC > 5B > etc

5B > 236A~A > 236AB > 2B > j.A(1) > j.B > j.2B > 236C/D > 236B~B > 236C > super

5C happens immediately after you press 236A and before you press the ~A.

You can follow up from 5C with 236B instead to save meter but it's tight.

Then there's a bunch of totally normal combos where he presses 5D to bring Koro back normally. These are pretty much just normal combos but shown in a way that proves they can be done when Koro is away initially.

Later on he does...

AoA~D (18 hits) > 236A~A > 5C > 236B > 2B > j.A(1) > j.B > j.2B

Uses 236B instead of 236AB I'm assuming because of the FC. I feel like you could do more after this but haven't tested yet.

3k is respectable for the situation and I feel there's no reason this wouldn't work mid-screen?

A good thing to note that I found with Ken's AoA, you can use D ender anywhere on the screen w/o fatal and actually get a 236A to continue the combo

So far the only one I've been using is ~D> 236A> 236C> 236B(A)> 214C oki   2000+ dmg

For this combo it's hard to tell how much damage you'll get depending on how many hits you actually complete before the D ender but I've always gotten around 2000+ while trying to get as close to 18 hits as possible.

Challenge 24 with Ken also offers a D ender combo as well, this time in the corner and with the fatal ender

~D(Fatal)> 2B> 2A+B> 236B> 2B> 2A+B> 236A(B)> 214D> B+D> 214214B     4914 dmg

Just to say I havent ever been able to do ken challenge 24 in real matches or training mode.like its not possible I havent tried in a while but if I remember correctly either 236a (b) doesnt come out or the 214d.if I have time ill check later

CH B+D > 2A+B fails on:

Minazuki/Sho

Kanji

Junpei

Have to do dash 2B on these characters into the same combos. 2A+B works on all the others.

Oh, cheers for checking that for me.

As I said, I was playing against a Sho a bunch so I figured CH BD > 2AB wasn't entirely universal.

I should note, that's 2B(1) > 236A as an adjustment.

If you're unsure, this route seems to work on everyone.

CH B+D > 2A+B fails on:

Minazuki/Sho

Kanji

Junpei

Have to do dash 2B on these characters into the same combos. 2A+B works on all the others.

It should be noted that this works in the corner still. Just not midscreen :o

It should be noted that this works in the corner still. Just not midscreen :o

True

also, add Marie to this list apparently. 2A+B doesn't reach midscreen on her either.

Kubo uses CH B+D > dash 2B(1) 236AB >236D > 236BB damage is like 2.6k/2.7k and works on most characters.

Oh forgot you can squeeze a bit more damage off throw with:

C+D > micro dash 5B > 236A > 236C > dash 2A+B > 236BB

I'm currently having an issue with some of kens combos and i'm hoping i can get some tips on fixing this. Each time i try to input 236A --> 236D it will often come out as 236A--> 236236D....i have tried messing around with the timing like being conscious of of how i'm doing the inputs, while putting them in as quickly as i can, or slowly to see if speed was the issue..but it doesn't seem to be likely since i will also often get 236A--> 236D like i wanted.. i have also tried making sure i was doing a full 236 input before pressing A or D and somehow 236236D would happen or in some cases farther into the combo even 236236A would come out instead of 236A aswell. Is this really a timing issue? or do i just have a sensitive controller? (i'm using a dualshock controller if it helps).

I'm currently having an issue with some of kens combos and i'm hoping i can get some tips on fixing this. Each time i try to input 236A --> 236D it will often come out as 236A--> 236236D....i have tried messing around with the timing like being conscious of of how i'm doing the inputs, while putting them in as quickly as i can, or slowly to see if speed was the issue..but it doesn't seem to be likely since i will also often get 236A--> 236D like i wanted.. i have also tried making sure i was doing a full 236 input before pressing A or D and somehow 236236D would happen or in some cases farther into the combo even 236236A would come out instead of 236A aswell. Is this really a timing issue? or do i just have a sensitive controller? (i'm using a dualshock controller if it helps).

It sounds like just a matter of being accurate with your inputs, it takes a bit to get used to Ken's combos. Have to be careful not to do any extra inputs. I had a similar problem early on, it takes concentration to press the buttons at the exact right times between inputs, practice and you'll get it down.

- far 5A > 5B > 236A~A > 236D > 236B > 2B(JC) > nj.B(input 236C immediately after) > j.2B > 236C hits(twice) > 236A~A(input 214C immediately after) > meaty 214C

Easymode day 1 Ken combo, improved version of the above:

5AA 5B 236A 236D 236B 2B(2) j.A(2) j.B JC j.B (input 236D) j.2B (236D hits) land 236B~B > either 236236A/214214A ender or 214C oki = 3261 damage meterless, 4061 with Thunder Reign, 4301 with SB Thunder Reign, 4447 with A Cross, 4647 with SB Cross

Works off 2A too and can be done from like 75% of 5A's max range so you don't even need to confirm the starter or distance, you can just autopilot like a scrub and it'll still work.

Easymode day 1 Ken combo, improved version of the above:

5AA 5B 236A 236D 236B 2B(2) j.A(2) j.B JC j.B (input 236D) j.2B (236D hits) land 236B~B > either 236236A/214214A ender or 214C oki = 3261 damage meterless, 4061 with Thunder Reign, 4301 with SB Thunder Reign, 4447 with A Cross, 4647 with SB Cross

Works off 2A too and can be done from like 75% of 5A's max range so you don't even need to confirm the starter or distance, you can just autopilot like a scrub and it'll still work.

The damage ones are fine, but the 214C oki I'm not getting Koromaru spaced correctly at the right time, did you try wake-up roll and upback from this?

Also 214C oki is better from ~A ender. They can opt to take the 214C as OTG from ~B.

The damage ones are fine, but the 214C oki I'm not getting Koromaru spaced correctly at the right time, did you try wake-up roll and upback from this?

Also 214C oki is better from ~A ender. They can opt to take the 214C as OTG from ~B.

Definitely catches up-back, although I think doing 2B(2) j.A(1) j.B (236D) j.2B is better if you want to make sure you cover rolls too.  You lose about 100 damage for doing that though but it does make the combo a lot easier as well so it's not too bad.

And yeah A ender is better, I didn't know about the no-tech option.

Looks like Ken can do 5AA(2C)AAA (up to Gigantic Attack) 236C 236B 236C 236B~A 214C oki for the autocombo meter build and burst regen and still scoop 2.3k.  Pretty funny, not sure if totally optimal though.