VR-Raiden

[P4AU] Ken Amada Combo Thread (Updated 09/30/2014)

Other random stuff:

AOA~C j.B 236D j.2B land 236A 236C 236B~A = 3k~ depending on mash

AOA~D 236A 236D 236B 236C 236B~A = 2.6k~ depending on mash

FC 236B (5B) 236A 236D 236B 2B j.A(1) j.B 236C j.2B 236B~A = 2.9k

Cleaned up the original combo I posted too:

2A/5A(A) 5B 236A 236D 236B 2B j.A(1) j.B 236D j.2B 236B~A = 3.1k

Should be able to end all of those combos with any super you want for guaranteed damage.

So I've been looking at the damage listings for the combos in the first post and it looks like 5B 5C 2A+B isn't really worth using a combo route?  From a practical perspective it's already kinda limited since it requires a really close-ranged confirm and Koromaru basically needs to be immediately available and in position, and the 5B 236A route seems to deal more damage universally and is otherwise much more flexible in general.

Just wondering because the first post makes it look like 5B 5C 2A+B sorta makes it look like it is the default optimal BnB that everyone should be learning first.

You mean like in the 5A vs far 5A combos? Yeah that is the case there unless I wrote the damage wrong. The 5C 2A+B route is easier as for getting proper 214C oki if I recall. The damage routes look like they do a little more too. But other than that, yeah might as well do the other route.

From close 2A and 2B, the 5C 2A+B is the stronger route as far as I can tell.

They are in the immediately available section, the delayed availability section is for those times you can't get that 5C 2A+B.

And if a combo isn't listed, it's more likely I just never got to adding it or testing it. I wanted to have more in there by now since there's still a ton worth mentioning. But it takes me a while. I never did get a co-mod when I asked, I will probably have to ask again in order for these threads to keep up to date regularly from now on.

I will go ahead and check some of the damage numbers when I have the chance.  I do know that starting with 5C sweep route prorates the combo a lot more by the end so you have to do shorter combos off it, which sort of offsets any damage advantage you might be getting from that extra sweep.  For example, the BnB route I usually use (5B > A pull > dogespin > B pull > air combo > dogespin > B pull > slam) doesn't work from 5A 5B 5C sweep starter.  I do know the triple pull route I started out with (5B > A pull > dogespin > B pull > slam > dogespin > B pull > slam) deals around 2.9k which is also more than the comparable sweep starter combo listed in the first post, which says 2.6k.

I'll do some testing on it and see if I can't figure out exactly what the best minmax damage route off any given starter is.

Ok thanks. I might know what's going on here now. The combos I listed that say they go into 214C oki go into proper, meaty 214C oki. I remember having problems spacing Koromaru correctly when using 236D before the slam, such that they could roll the 214C. So that is probably why damage is lower. If they can roll 214C that is worth noting so if you don't mind, check that too.

Will do.  In my experience 214C usually works if you input it early enough and Koromaru isn't hugely out of position, but I'll be sure to note the quality of the 214C oki as well.

EDIT: Here's what I've got:

2A starters:

- 2A 5B 236A~A 236C 236B~A 214C = 1780, 214C can't be rolled

- 2A 5B 5C 2A+B > same = 2210, same

- 2A 5B 236A 236D 236B 2B(2) j.A(1) j.B 236D j.2B 236B~A = 2560, 214C beats mash and jump but can be rolled

- 2A 5B 5C 2A+B 236C > same = 2870, same

- 2A 5B 236A 236D 236B 2B(2) j.A(2) j.B JC j.B 236D j.2B 236B~A = 2720, same

- 2A 5B 5C 2A+B > same = doesn't work

5A:

- 5AA 5B 5C 2A+B 236A~A 236C 236B~A = 2556, can't be rolled

- 5AA 5B 236A~A > same = 2118, same

- 5AA 5B 5C 2A+B 236A 236C 236B 2B(2) j.A(1) j.B 236D j.2B 236B~A = 3207, 214C can be rolled

- 5AA 5B 236A 236D 236B 2B(2) j.A(2) j.B JC j.B 236D j.2B 236B~A = 3147, same

- 5AA 5B 5C 2A+B > same = doesn't work

I would say the ones in bold are the ones worth doing since the damage differential isn't that high.  5C 2A+B does bring proration up quite a bit but that doesn't affect better confirms quite as much so if you can manage those (i.e. point-blank 5B immediate confirm into 5C) they will add significantly more damage.  Otherwise if you're okay with rollable oki the damage difference doesn't matter as much, if you want perfect unrollable oki you do take kind of a big hit.

Great find, thank you! Was just complaining about how Ken's combos seem kinda stale/one dimensional. This adds some replay value and variety.

This so much

I was trying to add healing into combos. didn't think 214C/D was useful outside of oki

Hey. I am a Shadow Ken player and here are two combos I came up with !

jB(or j2b)> 2b> 5b> 236A[A]> 236D> 236B> Berserk> 2AB> 236AB[A]> 236D> 66> DP> 236236CD> DP> 236236CD> 214214AB {5.5k~}

The damage isn't exact because of how well you use your agidynes, if you dp too early you dont get all the hits of agidyne

And here is a neat Dogless combo I came up with today

2b> 5b> 236A> Berserk> 2AB> 236AB[AB]> 236A> 236B[A] >236236AB> OMC> 236236AB {4.5k)

does 4.5k and gives them the shock debuff. the damage is quite good and it doesn't use the dog at all, there might be an optimal shken route in there somewhere if I use the dog but I haven't figured that out yet. If anyone has trouble replicating these I can make a shitty iphone quality video of me doing them

Does that actually work off j.2B?  That is like Ken's worst starter.  And if it does work from j.2B I bet you could squeeze in even more with a j.B starter.

Hey look ma, I optimized an easy-ish BnB that does 4.1k meterless off of normal hit 2B. Seems purdy good, considering that's his best low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUhKCcfJvuQ&feature=youtu.be

I was grinding that combo and you can optimize it even further by sweeping after you burst. Also, if you side switch after you burst you can save yourself 25 meter by using the 214214B version instead of the SB one.

Does that actually work off j.2B?  That is like Ken's worst starter.  And if it does work from j.2B I bet you could squeeze in even more with a j.B starter.

Yes it does. Also I tested and found that my dogless shken combo also works off of jb/j2b as a starter, and the reason I dont use jb followed by j2b is because I made the combo while I was looking for an overhead starter for opening people up, and you cant do jb> j2b while they are crouching, but the combo does work if they are standing and you can hit them with both.

Ok I am getting mad watching you guys do sad combos so I am gonna tell you how to CH DP combo. (In case i haven't said it before)

CH DP > micro dash 2B> 236B > 236D > 236BB oki. 2.6k

You get whatever oki you want to run so have fun.

Practice this right now.

I am not telling you again.
If I see you guys drop another sweep or not do the proper follow up I will pile drive your ps3 off the empire state building!

Ok I am getting mad watching you guys do sad combos so I am gonna tell you how to CH DP combo. (In case i haven't said it before)

CH DP > micro dash 2B> 236B > 236D > 236BB oki. 2.6k

You get whatever oki you want to run so have fun.

Practice this right now.

I am not telling you again.

If I see you guys drop another sweep or not do the proper follow up I will pile drive your ps3 off the empire state building!

I'm guessing that's supposed to say 2B(1) 236A.

Yeah miss typed it and could not correct it due to me being at youmacon.

Combo is CH DP > micro dash 2B(1) > 236AB > 236D > 236BB

for sho's you sometimes don't need to do the dash.

Yeah miss typed it and could not correct it due to me being at youmacon.

Combo is CH DP > micro dash 2B(1) > 236AB > 236D > 236BB

for sho's you sometimes don't need to do the dash.

I do 2B(1) 236B~A 236B~A myself, better oki.  Sometimes it may be better to drop the first Gigantic since the height does weird things on some characters.

Here is a fun combo that probably needs more optimization and uses all resources

In Corner

5B>236A>236D>2362366B>OMB>2B>214C>j.A(3)>j.B>214D>DP>236236D>j.2B~2C>DP>214214B

I guess now is as good a time as any to post this corner carry combo. I've been using it even before the changes to compensate for poor execution but with the Koromaru nerf and having to adjust to that, I feel like this combo has some relevance now.

Starter > 236A(A)> 236D > 236B(B)> 214C> 66(9)> j.B> j2B> 2C> B+D

This combo carries the opponent 2/3 of the screen and does 2.9k minimum. The starter can be almost anything so long as you're able to combo into 236a afterward. The B+D at the end drops if your starter is j.2b though so keep that in mind. It also does not work off auto combo. Below I've posted the minimum amount of damage depending on the starter. I haven't included supers but the most I've gotten is 6.1k off sweep with meter and a burst. Counter hits don't really matter much with this combo, the damage is pretty consistent depending on the starter.

5a> 2b> 5b: 3334 dmg
2a> 2b> 5b: 2959 dmg

2b> 5b: 3729 dmg

5b: 3183 dmg

2b> 5b> 5c> sweep: 4123 dmg

j.a> 2b> 5b: 3393 dmg

j.b> 2b> 5b: 3761 dmg

Sweep: 3712 dmg

A few things to note about this combo is that the 214C has to connect while the opponent is in the air after 236B(B) and if Ken attacks before Koromaru airwheel is done hitting then it'll drop. Also if you're directly underneath the opponent when you use B+D there's a chance that Ken might go flying in the other direction so I recommend delaying it a bit after 2C.

the volume is really high, I also messed up some on editing but here you go guys.

FYI I had Agito check them in 2.0 and they still work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nu7e3xSVW4

Wow really nice combos there ! I love them and I really should incorporate some of them to my game. Also do you know if the Healing route still works now that Dia has a hitbox( I mean routes involving this : Stuff>236A>236D >236B>2B>214C>214B>jA(2)> j2B>236C>236AB ) ? I guess they wouldn't be too useful now anyway, but the more you know...

I guess now is as good a time as any to post this corner carry combo. I've been using it even before the changes to compensate for poor execution but with the Koromaru nerf and having to adjust to that, I feel like this combo has some relevance now.

Starter > 236A(A)> 236D > 236B(B)> 214C> 66(9)> j.B> j2B> 2C> B+D

This combo carries the opponent 2/3 of the screen and does 2.9k minimum. The starter can be almost anything so long as you're able to combo into 236a afterward. The B+D at the end drops if your starter is j.2b though so keep that in mind. It also does not work off auto combo. Below I've posted the minimum amount of damage depending on the starter. I haven't included supers but the most I've gotten is 6.1k off sweep with meter and a burst. Counter hits don't really matter much with this combo, the damage is pretty consistent depending on the starter.

5a> 2b> 5b: 3334 dmg

2a> 2b> 5b: 2959 dmg

2b> 5b: 3729 dmg

5b: 3183 dmg

2b> 5b> 5c> sweep: 4123 dmg

j.a> 2b> 5b: 3393 dmg

j.b> 2b> 5b: 3761 dmg

Sweep: 3712 dmg

A few things to note about this combo is that the 214C has to connect while the opponent is in the air after 236B(B) and if Ken attacks before Koromaru airwheel is done hitting then it'll drop. Also if you're directly underneath the opponent when you use B+D there's a chance that Ken might go flying in the other direction so I recommend delaying it a bit after 2C.

This route is really swag ! Personally, I use the lazy routes : Stuff > 236A(A)>236D>IAD jB> land>jA(1)> jB>j2B>236D> 66 > 2B> B+D

It is less damaging than the route you proposed but it's really stable on anything that isn't j2B starter (you'll have to replace the second D Wheel By EX Wheel and it's super tight even then) and gives you  fullscreen corner carry, and works from max range 5As. I think both are good in their own respect ! I hope this still works in 2.0 though^^

Wow really nice combos there ! I love them and I really should incorporate some of them to my game. Also do you know if the Healing route still works now that Dia has a hitbox( I mean routes involving this : Stuff>236A>236D >2B>214C>214B>jA(2)> j2B>236C>236AB ) ? I guess they wouldn't be too useful now anyway, but the more you know...

I hope they do.