Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Pokken Tournament

On one hand, I still don't see Blaziken. On the other hand, Gardevoir is going to make me pick this up sooner or later.

Speaking of Gardevoir, I noticed in the trailer that she did a Jun/Asuka Demon Slayer. I don't know if that's what their uppercut is called, but yeah. Pokken is looking pretty cool with it's Tekken references.

What a strange but attractive controller the arcade cabinet will be using. I assume they opted for it over a stick because of the level of abuse the cabs will be taking from kids. (I expected it would be in one of those miniature kid-sized cabs they use for Data Cardass games and the like, but I guess not.) Kind of hope they make the pad available as a Wii U accessory.

Latest PV

Pretty simple run through of the game [sill wish I knew exactly what activated "Duel" Phase]

Duel Phase can be activated if the player lands a Grab (Y+B) or by inputting Up+Y.

Well, there goes my second favorite Pokemon.

Tekken 6 took about two years from the arcade release to hit consoles, Tag 2 took a year.

There's a not-impossible chance that this will end up getting pushed ahead to the NX for the home version.

Blaziken was actually one of the first characters confirmed in the reveal teaser, they just chose not to acknowledge him until now lol.

Blaziken was actually one of the first characters confirmed in the reveal teaser, they just chose not to acknowledge him until now lol.

And I apparently have short-term memory loss, because I already noticed that before :vbang:

Not too bad, but critical hits pausing the match is a bit unnecessary. Either cut the prompt duration in half or just don't have them pause at all.

It's a Pookeymanz game, they have to slow things down for any kiddies playing or they'll get too frustrated and quit when they can't keep up with the match flow.

Same reason they went with console-style controllers instead of arcade sticks. Because the audience they're trying to attract, even including adults, is not expected to have any experience with "serious" fighting games besides Smash and regards sticks as intimidating.

Not really criticizing Pokken, just explaining why it is the way it is.