Eshi

[P4AU] Elizabeth Combo Thread

I came up with another "not-as-good-as-other-options-but-easier-to-do" combo:

(Awakened/Mid-Screen) 5AAA, SB Bufu, 2D, 5BB, Sweep, SB Garu (6), 5C, 2C, SB Zio, run to corner, 5B, 2B, j.C. 3.8K (plus most of poison), fear, shock, and 1HSM stocked

Or for 25 meter less you can do:

(Awakened/Mid-Screen) 5AAA, SB Bufu, 2D, 5B (just before they hit the ground), 5C, 2C SB Zio, run to corner, 5B, 2B, j.C for 3.1K (and all previously mentioned goodies)

This is one of the ideas I was working with recently (now that I'm grinding the game). It's a safejump route that gives us fear for minmal or sometimes no resources and still does good damage.

Liz Safe Jump Idea(?)

not sure if anyone found out but if you delay 236cd after 2ab in a combo like 5aa > 2ab > 236cd, the garu will have more "jump" (like minazuki's hitbox)

this makes sb garu > garu easier and more consistent at the sacrifice for about ~200 damage since the opponent will be in the air like minazuki letting you do sweep

it also makes it possible to do this combo midscreen with 1hsm for those without minazuki like hitboxes (for example, yu, elizabeth, kanji)

5aa > 2ab > delay 236cd > 5b > 5c > iad j.5b > j. C > 2a > 5b > 5c > 2c > 214ab > 214d > 2ab which does 4.1k without any ch.

i tested this on yu, kanji, liz, and rise.

so if people found out cool, if not it's here for people to see. the delay after 2ab is not very long and it's very easy. if you mistime you can always do 2a > 2b > jc j.b > j.a > j.c route

Some random AoA combos (as if we hit with it ever) I was messing with, not sure how good they are:

Non-Awk:

AoA D (FC) > B Mind Charge > 5A > 5AA > Sweep > D Garu > j.C > SB Garu [4] > 2C > SB Zio

4k ish (idr the exact damage)

Awakening setup + blue health recovery, gets you back to about 50% hp (effectively 6.1k ish)

Needs 50 meter

Awk:

AoA D (FC) > B Bufu > 2D > 5B > 5BB > Sweep > SB Garu [4] > 2C > SB Zio

Like 3 or 4k + poison damage (idr the exact damage)

Needs 50 meter

Are these actually good or am I bad? lol

Like I said, the combos are seemingly impractical.  However, with the advent of P4U2 2.0, more of them may perhaps be viable due to the fact Hama will no longer be your Instakill BnB along with other avenues to pursue if you manage to run the opponent's defenses. Example include:

AoA -> SB Garudyne [7-9~2] -> j.C -> 2A -> 5C -> Garudyne D [7-9~ 2] -> 2B -> j.C -> Garudyne C = 4000~ Damage, 25 Meter. Non-Awakening. 

Garudyne D -> j.2B -> j.C -> Garudyne SB [2] -> 5B -> 5C -> Ziodyne SB (Wallrush) -> 5B -> 5C -> 2C -> Bufudyne SB > Ziodyne D > 2AB (Grounded opponent) > 2B > j.C > Garudyne C = 6000~ Damage, 75 Meter. Awakening only.

I'd like to note that the video could also be used as a reference point in terms of Elizabeth's combo theory.  

If you're looking to get an idea of viable combos in 2.0, then I think you should just watch 2.0 videos. Shiyuchan already made two of them. The video thread's OP hasn't been updated in like a year since the mods for this forum are kinda inactive but you can find this stuff if you're willing to dig through some posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_XksRyjHgM

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25861698 (I'm not sure if this one has a YouTube mirror)

Thank you for the videos.  If there is one thing I'm really liking about 2.0 for Liz is that she is seemingly a lot less meter reliant. Minus the OMC Ghastly Wail combo strings, anyways.

On the topic of combos, for strings such as (Awakening) Garudyne -> 2D -> 2A -> 5B, etc, is there any note or rules of thumb I can use in terms of Garudyne positioning...? I've been dabbing at it for days, it's quite fickle.  I'm aware of the inputs [8-2], but it is a tad confusing.  I mean things such as , visual ques, etc, what I can look out for.

I was wondering something about a combo video I saw, the link is 

here

It's the combo from 0:17 to 0:27;

he basically does 1HSM > 5A > 5B > 5C > 2C > 214B > 5C (first hit whiffs, 2nd hits, does not teleport behind Lizzy) > 2C > 236 AB.

I cannot for the life of me get the 5C to happen without Thanatos warping behind Lizzy. I've tried doing it earlier and later and I'm starting to wonder if it is even possible in the current version. Does anyone know if this can be done but I just suck or is this something that is no longer possible ? Thank you in advance for any help.

There really isn't any trick to performing that combo; you just input it exactly as it's notated. I can't really think of all that many reasons why you're having this problem. I've only been able to replicate your issue by using the wrong version of Bufu, or by delaying the second 5C by a pretty lengthy amount of time.

I was wondering something about a combo video I saw, the link is 

here

It's the combo from 0:17 to 0:27;

he basically does 1HSM > 5A > 5B > 5C > 2C > 214B > 5C (first hit whiffs, 2nd hits, does not teleport behind Lizzy) > 2C > 236 AB.

I cannot for the life of me get the 5C to happen without Thanatos warping behind Lizzy. I've tried doing it earlier and later and I'm starting to wonder if it is even possible in the current version. Does anyone know if this can be done but I just suck or is this something that is no longer possible ? Thank you in advance for any help.

Uhh you aren't doing it in awakening are you? That's the only way I can see it not working lol

Even in awakening, Thanatos doesn't have that kind of behavior. 5C will whiff; but he's not warping behind Liz, he just 5C's right past em. Unless I misunderstood the "Thanatos warping behind Lizzy" part as teleporting after the 5C, the mystery continues!

Even in awakening, Thanatos doesn't have that kind of behavior. 5C will whiff; but he's not warping behind Liz, he just 5C's right past em. Unless I misunderstood the "Thanatos warping behind Lizzy" part as teleporting after the 5C, the mystery continues!

I just thought he meant Thanatos went behind Lizzy lol. Warping... :o

Yeah, dunno what happened that day but when I went back to it later it worked no prob. Sorry but I really was having a problem and it seems to be solved, wish I could explain why it seemed to not work when I first tried it since it seems so easy now.

There really isn't any trick to performing that combo; you just input it exactly as it's notated. I can't really think of all that many reasons why you're having this problem. I've only been able to replicate your issue by using the wrong version of Bufu, or by delaying the second 5C by a pretty lengthy amount of time.

IDK then, as I said, when I do it normally/fast Thanatos warps behind Lizzy instead of staying in place and doing 5

I think this concern  may fall under the same category but whenever I try Lizzie's hama combos, I usually get to the end where it's 236 AB > (dash) 5AA> 5B > 2B > j.C >236D and the move goes over the downed opponent. 

I have a few quesses as to why this happens and would greatly appreciate any confirmation:

1) 5A is hitting the opponent at the wrong time, either too close/ not close enough or hitting too high off the floor,

2) Lizzy is too close for wind's hitbox or too high, probably from 2B, or

3) My timing for the last three or so hits is off, either inputing too slow or too fast.

I'm not sure what the problem is but if anyone else has encountered this problem please give me any tips on how to make the last part connect the j.C hits and I fly over the opponent every time.

I still have no clue what could be going wrong with your Thanatos problem. Are you certain you inputted the combo exactly as you had transcribed it?

Regarding your hama issue, I'm assuming you're referring to the corner hama combo. In that case, your issue is that you're simply using the wrong version of Magarudyne. You should use 236C instead of 236D.

I have a few questions regarding Lizzy's combos

1) When perforing awakening 236 CD > 2D > 2A >stuff, I have a difficult time getting the 8~2 ratio correct, any advice or helpful tips for doing this more consistently? I am kinda getting it thru trial and error but would love any advice anyone has.

2) when doing AA 2B > jc > JB > JD, I have a hard time getting the grab to connect consistently. Is the general trick to let JB hit more or less? I really like this combo path and would like to be able to do it reliably and would love any advice anyone may have.

3) Would anyone here consider Hama combos practical? I feel that I shy away from ever using them despite how threatening they are and believe them to be a strong tool for beating Boss Lizzy in score attack. This  question is more to get a general consensus for how much priority I should put into learning them further.

Thank you all in advance.

On 9/14/2015 at 11:03 PM, Atarax said:

I still have no clue what could be going wrong with your Thanatos problem. Are you certain you inputted the combo exactly as you had transcribed it?

Regarding your hama issue, I'm assuming you're referring to the corner hama combo. In that case, your issue is that you're simply using the wrong version of Magarudyne. You should use 236C instead of 236D.

I see. Thank you very much. The Thanatos problem was that I was using the SB version which does not allow the 5C (1) > JC since he teleports behind her. I had no idea that I needed to do the B version for it to work.

On 1/15/2016 at 10:37 PM, Beening said:

I have a few questions regarding Lizzy's combos

1) When perforing awakening 236 CD > 2D > 2A >stuff, I have a difficult time getting the 8~2 ratio correct, any advice or helpful tips for doing this more consistently? I am kinda getting it thru trial and error but would love any advice anyone has.

2) when doing AA 2B > jc > JB > JD, I have a hard time getting the grab to connect consistently. Is the general trick to let JB hit more or less? I really like this combo path and would like to be able to do it reliably and would love any advice anyone may have.

3) Would anyone here consider Hama combos practical? I feel that I shy away from ever using them despite how threatening they are and believe them to be a strong tool for beating Boss Lizzy in score attack. This  question is more to get a general consensus for how much priority I should put into learning them further.

Thank you all in advance.

1) AFAIK, not really. You just have to figure out a timing that works for you, be it number of hits, height, etc.

2) I usually can get it if I only let the j.B hit once. I think the main thing is that the opponent needs to be close to you, otherwise they'll be able to tech out.

3) I would learn them (at least one midscreen/one corner version), if only for Shadow Mitsuru/Chie/Naoto. The corner versions are actually quite easy to do; only the midscreen ones really any timing with the microdashes. If you can get a FC in the corner, it's even easier. Sometimes you can go into it without enough meter and go for a reset since a lot of people will be super jumpy and spam FA or roll to try to get out.

1 hour ago, firedraco said:

1) AFAIK, not really. You just have to figure out a timing that works for you, be it number of hits, height, etc.

2) I usually can get it if I only let the j.B hit once. I think the main thing is that the opponent needs to be close to you, otherwise they'll be able to tech out.

3) I would learn them (at least one midscreen/one corner version), if only for Shadow Mitsuru/Chie/Naoto. The corner versions are actually quite easy to do; only the midscreen ones really any timing with the microdashes. If you can get a FC in the corner, it's even easier. Sometimes you can go into it without enough meter and go for a reset since a lot of people will be super jumpy and spam FA or roll to try to get out.

Awesome! Thank you very much. I will keep working on these techniques and try to get better.

I have noticed that all of the Mahamoan combos end with the 236D input but after trying them it does seem as though the C version of Magarudyne works with more consistency. Is this a mistake or is there a reason for using the D version over the C version? They seem to have the same number of hits and last about the same length of time so I am unclear as to why we would use a more difficult ender. Also the combos do not seem to work for me as posted. I am not sure if this is somehow due to my using the C version of magarudyne as opposed to the D version (which I cannot seem to land after j.C) but it DOES work perfectly if I simply add 2C in between 236 CD and 236 AB, then C garu combos into hama no problem. This also works off of FC starter or 1HSM starter, no counter.

You're correct that you should be ending with C Garu instead of D garu for most hama combos. Unfortunately, the top post has not been updated it quite some time, so it's not all that reliable.

Here's a slightly more updated (but still relatively outdated) hama doc, courtesy of OmnixTSC: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s401/sh/4c13a072-8e77-4ce5-9a6e-03a3d8de2920/176d111b41919c7e869b078fb9daf3b6

On another note, I do think hama's pretty useful.They can take a while to get used to, but I've stolen so many games with them. I would totally recommend at least learning the basic midscreen route and the corner route.

2 hours ago, Atarax said:

You're correct that you should be ending with C Garu instead of D garu for most hama combos. Unfortunately, the top post has not been updated it quite some time, so it's not all that reliable.

Here's a slightly more updated (but still relatively outdated) hama doc, courtesy of OmnixTSC: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s401/sh/4c13a072-8e77-4ce5-9a6e-03a3d8de2920/176d111b41919c7e869b078fb9daf3b6

On another note, I do think hama's pretty useful.They can take a while to get used to, but I've stolen so many games with them. I would totally recommend at least learning the basic midscreen route and the corner route.

Ah, thank you so much for that clarification. I was starting to think I was just terrible at executions because I could not get that to land. But I stuck with what worked and found that adding the 2C made it work perfectly for o extra cost. I did notice that if I did not take a step back after SB Garu, that the 2C launched the opponent behind me but since I was holding back during 236CD anyway I just held 4 a moment longer and input 1C then 236AB and the combo works consistently.

Alright time to see what I can do here lets start with a 50 meter dia combo. 5AA>2AB>236CD 8~2>2D>2A>2B>jc>jA>jC>2A>5B>5C>2C>214AB>delay 214214A dmg:3379* poison