Sign in to follow this  
Eshi

[P4AU] Elizabeth Q&A Thread

Ok so I'm pretty new to the forum. I've lurked around but never posted anything. I'm also fairly new to p4u. Didn't play the first one much and decided to get more into this version. So I just had a quick question about the 1HSM thing. What exactly does it do for Elizabeth. I apologize if someone has already explained it, but I looked all over and couldn't really find an answer. Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer me. :D

With the buff, Elizabeth's next physical persona attack gains 10% more damage. Her 5C will also floats on hit in addition to having the extra 10% damage.

With the buff, Elizabeth's next physical persona attack gains 10% more damage. Her 5C will also floats on hit in addition to having the extra 10% damage.

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it! I actually figured out what it did like immediately after posting this question xD but I do thank you again for the clarification! :D

Just a small correction but the 2C buff adds 50% to the next physical attack from Thanatos (5C, Ghastly Wail, Mabufudyne). But it is true that with it 5C also floats on hit.

Just curious. Has anyone tested out if Randomizer works on cross-ups? Would you be able to auto-correct the charge by holding [4] back to block. 

Just curious. Has anyone tested out if Randomizer works on cross-ups? Would you be able to auto-correct the charge by holding [4] back to block. 

Totally forgot to respond to this, but I don't believe it does. Using Adachi jC as an example, Randomizer won't activate when Adachi jumps over you, but Elizabeth will still block the attack. I'm not sure if you could autocorrect a charge though. 

Haven't really played the game or Elizabeth in months so now that I am starting fresh I do not want to develop any bad habits early.

1) What are her best tools in the neutral game and her most common knockdowns (j.c I imagine)?  Do I do a raw 5C after knockdown to start oki or is there a better option?

2) I see the frame data of her specials now change once she is awakened.  Does this mean there are any standard combos that no longer work once awakened?

Jb, a zio, 2b, 5a are her best tools here though they are just ok tools. You kinda have to use everything as her because she has no clearly defined normal to use outside of jb, 2b and zio. Best to know the matchups really. I may have missed a normal or two.

Well since TD answered your first question in part,

her most common knockdowns (j.c I imagine)?  Do I do a raw 5C after knockdown to start oki or is there a better option?

2) I see the frame data of her specials now change once she is awakened.  Does this mean there are any standard combos that no longer work once awakened?

The most common knockdowns are from 2AB or jC. Options after knockdown kinda depend on where you are on the screen in relation to your opponent imo. If you knocked them down with a combo into 2AB for example, you could just opt for 2D and then do something like dash up 5A. If you score a knockdown with jC you can generally go to 5C unless you notice that your opponent starts rolling on their wakeup. Then you can either opt for 5D to make them respect you (since 5D will CH the roll) or you can opt for 2C, which not only catches rolls, but jump away attempts too. If you're close enough to your opponent, you can do airdash jB into whatever pressure you want.

The general combo theory between awakening and regular mode is kinda similar. Some combos don't work in awakening, but you can always adjust parts of regular combos so that they work in awakening. For example, you can't do airhit move>2AB>236D[8~2]>5B>stuff in awakening, but you can do something like airhit move>2AB>236D[2]>jC>j236CD[2]>5B>stuff. There are some combo routes which are specific to awakening as well (like 5B>5C>214A>jD>whatever). I think you should just be cognizant of how awakening changes her moves, and you'll be fine. I would say that the changes that her moves get in awakening affect her neutral more than they do her combo routes.

I have a question regarding her optimal poison combo route.

Example Combo: Awakening  5B > 2AB > (236CD [8~2] > 2D > 2A) > 2B > jc jB > jA > jC > 2A > 5B > 5C (2) > 2C > 236AB > 66 5B > 2B > jC 

Any tips in landing the 2A? I only land it like 5% of the time :/. I can do the 236CD [8~2] > 214B > 2D route much more easily but its not nearly as flexible as this one.

I have a question regarding her optimal poison combo route.

Example Combo: Awakening 5B > 2AB > (236CD [8~2] > 2D > 2A) > 2B > jc jB > jA > jC > 2A > 5B > 5C (2) > 2C > 236AB > 66 5B > 2B > jC

Any tips in landing the 2A? I only land it like 5% of the time :/. I can do the 236CD [8~2] > 214B > 2D route much more easily but its not nearly as flexible as this one.

Have you tried adjusting the garudyne? Try only going up slightly before going down. I find that if you hold 8 too long, you land too late.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yea but i just cant seem to get it consistently at all, i'll stick with the 214B route then 

This is one of the reasons I get into the habit of counting seconds in order to time different things until my muscle memory is on point. It really helps a lot.

What I do for the poison route is a 4 count. 1-3 is from inputting 236CD and hitting up-forward for the first second. When I reach 4, I immediately hold down/down-forward and go from there. It's been consistent for me since I started it. Also, there's a visual cue for when you need to switch to down/down-forward if you wish to go this route. The animation on the garu will change at the exact time where you need to start moving downwards to link 2D > 2A, so this is another way you can try to time it. I hope one of these, helps.

Is EX Garu in awakening combos easier to do now? In the challenge, it was I think 5B>2AB>236CD[6]>stuff as opposed to a garu loop.

Is EX Garu in awakening combos easier to do now? In the challenge, it was I think 5B>2AB>236CD[6]>stuff as opposed to a garu loop.

Well there aren't really any awakening garu loops (off of grounded hits like 5B); it's all just stuff>236CD[2]>2B/5B>whatever. If you thought garu loops were hard, I suppose that you could say this is easier. I mean, in the first game, you could've always done something like 5B>2AB>236CD[2]>5B>stuff, and that works here too. 

They were hard because you had to change them for each character. I like lazy autopilot things.

A couple of questions: When super-cancelling Mabufudyne, do you wait until the ice blast hits or fires? And what does SB Mind Charge do? I don't see a increase in health regeneration and if it is relevant, what heath do you have to be at to gain your 75 meter back?

A couple of questions: When super-cancelling Mabufudyne, do you wait until the ice blast hits or fires? And what does SB Mind Charge do? I don't see a increase in health regeneration and if it is relevant, what heath do you have to be at to gain your 75 meter back?

For super cancelling bufu, I wait until the ice spike/pillar hits the opponent. In regards to SB Mind Charge, I'm not really sure honestly. I never use it. You would need to give up about 3.4k HP to get 75 meter from Mind Charge (not counting the 50 that you'd get from entering awakening).

I'm trying to change my playstyle and improve my Elizabeth play. I'm trying to get better with neutral and pressure so I'll ask for tips along those lines.

Thanatos pressure is starting to feel like it isn't quite worth it anymore. If I want to do more than 5C>one other attack I have to spend meter, and all I get out of it is either a broken card if they guess right again or a combo with 50 meter less worth of damage than I could have had. Where do I even start with non-Thanatos pressure? (Also can people up back 2C now?)

I'm finally getting it jammed into my head after almost two years of playing Elizabeth that 5B is probably the worst out of all of her moves to be throwing out outside combos. What do I do with pressure if I want to avoid using it? Stagger pressure? Does 5AA> 5C or something like that work? But if it does, I'm trying to move away from using my Persona so much. I'm lost. The only inkling of an idea I have would be 5A>2A>2B>stuff (OMC j.A?).

Any help is appreciated.

I'll try to answer before someone more knowledged comes along lol.

I like to dash cancel 5C up close. Not sure if OMC -> 5C/5D works or j.5D after 5C. After you hit the enemy with a 2C you can charge 2C oki in the corner and follow up with an attack. I tend to do 5C but sometimes I continue with 5A or more 5C.

It's probably best that you don't thanatos pressure fullscreen though as often. Not saying to never do it but throw out Zio's and also Agi when it's safe. Also 5B is probably bad but if it hits the enemy you can dash cancel and go for a grab I believe or follow up with 5BB -> microjump -> 5A. You just don't want to randomly throw out 5B because of the recovery. And I think it's also unsafe as a blockstring because I've been DP'ed when I used it. Just be smart about it, it's not a bad idea if you're already in the middle of pressure.

5AA -> 5C doesn't work to my knowledge. 2B -> OMC -> 5A is a good idea I think. Sometimes I do 5AA -> 5B -> Dash cancel -> etc, 5BB(B sometimes) -> microdash -> 2A -> 5A, or I might even throw out a Garu to follow up with a j.B/j.A which is probably not a good idea but nevertheless.

When you are awakened you can try using Bufu too. Not sure how effective it is but you can halfscreen 214A or fullscreen 214AB. 214A is better I think because you can combo from it faraway but not sure about 214AB. Maybe after that Zio and then -> stuff.

My wall of text got deleted right before posting T-T

I'll try again later. The point of my post was to say you have to be very cunning with Elizabeth. If nothing else, try this string:

2a 5a 2a 5b. Can use 5a to start as well. Any time before 5b can be a reset. After 5b dash cancel is a reset, 2[c] is good against rolls and some dp's, 5c is a frame trap, bufu outright beats air jump, etc. conditioning is key.

At low meter/life or without awakening: stall, stall, stall. Get that free meter baby. Waste time doing endless pressure resets anticipate a counter attack (in general, the foe can only mash, jump, block/ib, DP, or roll) and do the hard counter or, if there is a safer route, take it but you may not be rewarded as well. With meter you can do a omc/not once mixup as well as actual mixups. Not exactly traditional, in fact very unorthodox. For the most part she requires a lot of predictions. Make sure your are checking both the foe and your own vitals; life, meter, awakening, status effects, persona cards so you can make more informative predictions. Match wins are also indicative of how the foe will act. There is a lot going on and once you get the technical aspect of the game, you then have to hone your knowledge of human behavior and apply it to video games.

I'm new to anime fighters, this is my first one, I picked up P4AU on release day and like her alot, but what kind of character is she?  What should I be doing with her?  Any tips on how to get good with her? 

I'm new to anime fighters, this is my first one, I picked up P4AU on release day and like her alot, but what kind of character is she?  What should I be doing with her?  Any tips on how to get good with her? 

I think it's kinda hard to define what kind of character Elizabeth is. What I can do, though, is tell you what she does (and ergo you can perhaps come to some conclusion as to what she is). Elizabeth's gameplan mostly revolves around stacking status ailments on the opponent, zoning, and hanging your opponent for their mistakes. Pretty much what you want to do is force your opponent into situations where they can mistakes; conditioning plays a large role in this as well. Once you have won the neutral game, you should try to force your opponent into the aforementioned situations. For example, throwing Thanatos at them in the corner, and then punishing them for breaking Thanatos. Or perhaps you've feared/paralyzed them, and you throw out 5D and they try to shorthop. Here, you would punish the shorthop. Eventually, they would be afraid to chance hopping 5D in this case, and they'd be conditioned to respect Thanatos in the former case. I hope this definition suffices for you. 

I think the approach to getting good with Elizabeth is the same as any other character. Become familiar with the game, her (what her moves do, and the situations in which you should use them), and the other characters. I should also warn you that you're going to lose a lot at first. Elizabeth is a character that requires meticulous play to do well. She's not very good and a lot of the cast beats her. I would also suggest watching Elizabeth match videos and copy/try to understand what other players do. The video thread has a decent number of videos that you can check out. 

I think it's kinda hard to define what kind of character Elizabeth is. What I can do, though, is tell you what she does (and ergo you can perhaps come to some conclusion as to what she is). Elizabeth's gameplan mostly revolves around stacking status ailments on the opponent, zoning, and hanging your opponent for their mistakes. Pretty much what you want to do is force your opponent into situations where they can mistakes; conditioning plays a large role in this as well. Once you have won the neutral game, you should try to force your opponent into the aforementioned situations. For example, throwing Thanatos at them in the corner, and then punishing them for breaking Thanatos. Or perhaps you've feared/paralyzed them, and you throw out 5D and they try to shorthop. Here, you would punish the shorthop. Eventually, they would be afraid to chance hopping 5D in this case, and they'd be conditioned to respect Thanatos in the former case. I hope this definition suffices for you. 

I think the approach to getting good with Elizabeth is the same as any other character. Become familiar with the game, her (what her moves do, and the situations in which you should use them), and the other characters. I should also warn you that you're going to lose a lot at first. Elizabeth is a character that requires meticulous play to do well. She's not very good and a lot of the cast beats her. I would also suggest watching Elizabeth match videos and copy/try to understand what other players do. The video thread has a decent number of videos that you can check out. 

Thank you, like I said i'm new and I wont be going against anybody any time soon I've never been that good in fighting games but trying to work my way up, she just seems like fun to watch whenever I catch a stream and even more fun to use.  Thank you for some insight though and not just calling me a nood like when I tried to ask stuff about street fighter on SRK forums

Sign in to follow this