Sign in to follow this  
Eshi

[P4AU] Elizabeth Q&A Thread

Not that I would necessarily want to spend the meter on it, but are there Dia combos in awakening anymore, now that Maragidyne is so much faster in awakening? Is it when worth in the first place?

I have a question about Challenge #20:  How do you combo from Mind charge to Maziodyne SB?  Thanatos always disappears before I can make him use Mazoidyne.  Is the timing really that tight, or is there an input trick?

You have to get mind charge off the moment the ice spikes hit the opponent for Zio to come out, if I remember correctly.

Re: No dia combos: It doesn't seem like I'll be getting much use out of Dia anymore. I was kinda okay with spending the meter on it last game in a combo because I could retain oki afterwards, but if I have to give up control of neutral for it, it just seems like wasted effort. I would rather spend that meter on combos/mixup now.

I must have done her randomizer once. How the heck do you get it out successfully exactly?

Trying to relearn Liz and while I now understand her new stuff, I'm just wondering about that move.

The only use for dia I've found is using it on people who don't realize sb version can be held and is projectile invincible while they are paralyzed.

Super gimmicky, but hilarious to hear elizabeth say 'do you have a problem' as they are just chucking things at you.

That line is funny and is great as a end of the round taunt if you can use it, but I kinda wish I had recording gear to make a video demonstrating how bad almost every character in the game can blow her up using its massive recovery.

any tips for SB Magarudyne>Sweep>D Magarudyne? Feels hard and harder on Minazuki

If you really wanna take the "easy" way out, you can just do SB Garu [2] > 2AB > D Garu [2] vs Minazuki/Sho. You lose some damage this way, but it's the easiest way to do the combo.

So first things first: Hello, I'm the new guy.

I have three questions,

1. Ailments or damage? I know on some level you get both, but say I can get either get fear and 4k or fear, poison, shock, and 3k for the same resources... is it matchup/situation dependant, player's choice, or is one just outright better than the other?

2. Is unawakened SB garu timing less strict/universal now? I can get 5AA, 5B, sweep, SB garu [8-2], sweep, D garu [8-2], 2A, stuff pretty consistently against everyone but the minazuki (minazukis? plural for minazuki), I'm not smart enough to tell if it's a weight/fall speed thing or just me choking.

3. Is there any way to convert 5D, 236236B/AB into something worthwhile?

Thank you in advance

1) I would probably go for ailments because fear + shock is really good, and if you get poison in and get any hit you get an extra 1k anyway at least. Especially if they are in the corner or something if you get a FC you can almost always mind charge -> hamaon them if they've used their burst.

2) Pretty sure they changed it to be universal, but I do think that the minazuki bros have an odd falling hitbox that makes them hard to hit with the 2A.

3) Maybe something like 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2C > SB Bufu > run forward > SB Zio works? Idr how bad the proration is on that one though. On an FC 5D you can wait for them to bounce then do something like 2B > jB > jA > jC > 2A > 5B > 5C > 2C > SB Bufu > run forward > SB Zio I think. I think you can get to around 50% with that, or you can also SB Bufu into A Dia if you just want more health and don't care about pressuring them (like the time is nearly out or something).

I'll just add onto points 1 and 3.

1) It really depends on what kind of confirm you get. You want to make a hit count, but you also want to use as little meter as possible to have options at all times. You shouldn't use more than 50 SP in any combo unless it'll kill as a rule of thumb. If you can get an air hit or a FC, I'd keep it meterless or only spend 25 SP since you still get 3-4k and will put them in the corner most of the time.

3) On normal hit, the most you'll get is a safejump without spending more meter. I'd say that's better than going for a combo and spending extra meter, as you get to keep the fear bonus up, bait a DP, and establish pressure/mixup. On FC, the optimal route is to run forward until the opponent wallbounces, then IAD j.B > j.C > j.236D them into other stuff based on the kind of setup or amount of resources you're looking at using. I keep it meterless most of the time, as it does enough damage and the next hit might kill depending on where I land them on the screen.

Much appreciated, so then my next two questions are what is the safe jump set-up (did I miss it in the forum somewhere?)? and is liz plus/neutral enough after stuff into far/full-screen SB bufu, A dia to block a full screen retaliation? or is that something I just have to pay attention to?

AFAIK, jC & both versions of SB Bufu allow you to do a safejump. I'm also certain that SB Bufu>A Dia is safe, at least from fullscreen.

Again, much appreciated. I guess I knew SB bufu, A dia wasn't plus, but knowing it's not bad enough where I'll eat a ziodyne/whatever is nice (unless I misunderstood your remark)

Edit: was up late thinking about stuff, got bored, and tested SB bufu, A dia. It can be caught by

with meter: Yu, Adachi, Akihiko (awakened) , Minazuki (SB projectile super), Yukiko (awakened), and Yukari

w/o meter: Liz (awakened)

I forgot to check survival knife, but it seems like as a general rule, if it doesn't start on top of you, it can be blocked (save arrow super and SB WoP)

Okay, so I was trying poison stuff in training mode, and my dummy (yu) falls out of an awakened SB garu...

I haven't been able to duplicate it, but I swear he fell out mid garu, anyone know how?

Okay, so I was trying poison stuff in training mode, and my dummy (yu) falls out of an awakened SB garu...

I haven't been able to duplicate it, but I swear he fell out mid garu, anyone know how?

If you don't mean teching, but literal falling (ie the combo wasn't too prorated), then this happens if you input SB Garu really oddly. For example, given the combo air hit 5A>5AA>2AB>236D[2]>jC>j236CD[8~2], if you do [8] for a really long time before going to 2, then the opponent would fall through the Garu. 

I like to end my combos in sweep>2D for poison and persona displacement, and then stall for as long as possible to get that juicy poison damage.

I noticed last night that the enemy can sometimes airtech after sweep. That.... Shouldn't be possible, should it? Do we know what, if anything, causes it?

Also, sometimes the ice shard from SB Bufu misses completely. Is it just a matter of hitting them with it at a weird angle or something?

Speaking of oki, since 5B can be rolled frame 1 and anything else is too close to make DPs whiff, does sweep oki have to consist of hard reads? I like to do backdash 5D to grab rolls, but I'm at a loss for what to do to beat DPs other than bait and punish. Does our safejump (whatever it is :v ) work off sweep, or should I give up on sweep and primarily end with something else?

I like to end my combos in sweep>2D for poison and persona displacement, and then stall for as long as possible to get that juicy poison damage.

I noticed last night that the enemy can sometimes airtech after sweep. That.... Shouldn't be possible, should it? Do we know what, if anything, causes it?

Also, sometimes the ice shard from SB Bufu misses completely. Is it just a matter of hitting them with it at a weird angle or something?

Speaking of oki, since 5B can be rolled frame 1 and anything else is too close to make DPs whiff, does sweep oki have to consist of hard reads? I like to do backdash 5D to grab rolls, but I'm at a loss for what to do to beat DPs other than bait and punish. Does our safejump (whatever it is :v ) work off sweep, or should I give up on sweep and primarily end with something else?

Sweep causes air tech if the combo is too prorated afaik. If you want sweep>2D ender you have to do a less prorated combo. 

In regards to SB Bufu, I think the opponent is just too high. I assume you're doing OMB>Bufu for Hama or something? I kinda had the same issue.

I don't think you can safejump after sweep. Sweep ender isn't bad but I prefer using 2[C]/214D meaty for oki if I can. 

I used to have the same issue with SB bufu, but just making sure the opponent is high enough helps.

Also if it hits when they're too high, then the ice shard is more likely to miss.

I like to use awakened SB Bufu to call out things fullscreen just to remind opponents not to leave the ground (because I love wasting meter I guess :x ) so sometimes if they tried to jump over it but failed to avoid it, the shard will miss and I'll have no idea what to do.

2[C] and meaty 214D sound like just what I need, though. I'm assuming you end in 5C>2[C] or 5C>2C>delay 214D, respectively?

I like to use awakened SB Bufu to call out things fullscreen just to remind opponents not to leave the ground (because I love wasting meter I guess :x ) so sometimes if they tried to jump over it but failed to avoid it, the shard will miss and I'll have no idea what to do.

SB Bufu is okay to do every once in a while, but you're better off doing j.C > j.D to catch jump outs since they can't easily avoid the j.D. It also doesn't have nearly as much recovery and leaves you safer and not in a bad position at neutral.

2[C] and meaty 214D sound like just what I need, though. I'm assuming you end in 5C>2[C] or 5C>2C>delay 214D, respectively?

Yes, that's how you use them. If your combo has prorated too hard after an SB Zio, just do 2[C] by itself instead of 5B > 5C > 2[C] or take the j.C knockdown.

Sign in to follow this