Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

[P4AU] Elizabeth vs. Kanji

I'm not an expert so this is probably wrong.

Based on my experience you want to keep him at a distance. not too far, just far enough that he cant get you with that horrible grab attack. If he tries the air grab either duck or, preferably, 2B to smack him out of the air (follow up with whatever works for you). watch out for his long range persona attacks. you can block them pretty easily but they can follow up with air grab while your still blocking the persona attack. 

Again, I'm no expert so that's probably bad advice. hopefully someone who knows what their doing pops in here soon.

I'm also not confident I have any idea how to play this matchup, but the big thing for me is to keep him away. He has to get in on us, and we should make him work for it. He can't really do anything fullscreen that we can't react to, and once he gets in we're in hell. It's also really important to stay mindful and keep out of the corner, so he can't box you in.

Other than that, I'm afraid I've got nothing.

Usually for me I just zone him out a majority of the neutral. Though once I can latch an SB Maziodyne on him, I rush in. Though I keep my distance so that 5B can hit since IIRC his FA won't take effect on us. Using 214 A or B also seems to work well in catching Kanji off guard. So basically stay close in so that you can confirm a combo. But not too close so that he can use a grab on you.

Poison is really strong in this matchup. You rarely have to take risks against Kanji at neutral or while pressuring, so if you condition him to block for a while and then outspace his normals, you should try to stick in some 2Ds.

Speaking of neutral. When Takemikazuchi uses his D lightning and chains it on us. Anyone know any ideas on how to not get air grabbed by him? Or do we have to just take it...

Well i, personally, have never gotten out of it but i assume there is a way. you can duck under his air grab right? You could probably just crouch block and be fine. i never remember to do that though. i always panic and try to jump, usually right into his open arms.

Speaking of neutral. When Takemikazuchi uses his D lightning and chains it on us. Anyone know any ideas on how to not get air grabbed by him? Or do we have to just take it...

Do you mean if it hits you while you're in the air or when you're forced to block it on the ground? If it's the former, you can burst to avoid getting grabbed. Otherwise, you have to just take the hit. If it's the latter, you just crouch under the lightning.