Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR-Raiden

[P4AU] Ken Amada vs Sho

• Use this thread to discuss the Sho matchup.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly as Ken rather than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated as info arises.

Round Start:

Neutral:

Offense:

Defense:

Punishes:

On Block:

On Reaction:

Character Specific Notes:

Combos:

• CH B+D > 2A+B fails midscreen, use dash 2B(1) instead.

Mixups:

I just played Guymam's Sho not too long ago and I learned some interesting things, although nothing that wasn't already known for people who've fought regular Sho. Ken can zone him out quite easily with his normals + Koromaru, which is what you want to do to him the entire time in this matchup. Beat him at footsies and put the pressure on him when you get a chance. When Sho has 100 meter though he can use his 236A/B super to get out of pressure for free on wakeup thanks to him being able to OMC off Koromaru, so be wary of that option.

On defense Sho's mixup is pretty crazy. Ken's normals aren't really fast enough to disrespect him and DP'ing isn't the best option since he can bait it naturally with teleport cancels and 5D. Unfortunately when he's in your face you just have to hold that and block. I have noticed that sometimes you can roll the teleport crossups on reaction but you risk getting tagged by the rekka if you do it too soon or if he just does nothing afterward. You can also grab or DP but that too is risky. I personally would recommend just blocking and waiting for an opening to escape. Or Guard Cancel if you got 50 meter.