grove03

[P4AU] Yu Narukami Combo Thread

Ok this is the best meterless FC 2C combo I could come up with

FC 2C (DC)> 5C> 2AC> delay j.2B> 2B(1)> 5C> 2AC> delay j.2B> 5B> 5C> j.214A> 5B> 5C> delay 2C> delay 214B

Damage: 4246, Meter Gain: 42

Slightly better and infinitely harder that the CH 5C combos that does around the same damage, but still better!

Ok this is the best meterless FC 2C combo I could come up with

FC 2C (DC)> 5C> 2AC> delay j.2B> 2B(1)> 5C> 2AC> delay j.B> 5B> 5C> j.214A> 5B> 5C> delay 2C> delay 214B

Damage: 4246, Meter Gain: 42

Slightly better and infinitely harder that the CH 5C combos that does around the same damage, but still better!

My god these are hard, but 4.2k off fc 2c frame traps is amazing...

And after messing around with it some more I managed to break the 4.3k mark!

FC 2C (DC)> 5B> delay 5C> 2AC> delay j.2B> 5B> delay 5C> IAD j.B> j.BB> 5C> j.214A> 5B> 5C> delay 2C> delay 214B

Damage: 4335

It's kinda difficult to delay 2C and 214B properly to get proper knockdown though

Fun fact: You can still add a C CrossSlash> A Shiden (does 6243) after the finisher, but using an OMB right after Shiden will make them insta tech out of the combo!

Didnt quite catch - what are shadow Yu bnb combos with good oki?
Can i look in the 1st topic message for these combos?

Why do i need safejumps?

cant connect 2B> 5C> j.BB (JC)>  - dummy is not in the air in this combo, pls help!

Didnt quite catch - what are shadow Yu bnb combos with good oki?

Can i look in the 1st topic message for these combos?

Why do i need safejumps?

cant connect 2B> 5C> j.BB (JC)>  - dummy is not in the air in this combo, pls help!

(5A/2A > 5B) > 5C > 236A > 236C > SB > 236C > 214D > 214214C > 236236A > OMC > 5C > 2C > 214B > j.214A > 214214C/CD

So mashers can't mash DP on wakeup, good way to start offense.

2B > 5C > j.bb > j.b > j.C > j.214B is air hit only

2B > 5C > j.bb > j.b > j.C > j.214B is air hit only

didnt catch.... so it should be written j.2B > j.5C>etc ? or how am i supposed to launch opp into air with 2B > 5C?

After spending a long time in training mode looking for combos that use OMB>5D I come here to ask if some has found one. The combo I used in Arena is dead.

After spending a long time in training mode looking for combos that use OMB>5D I come here to ask if some has found one. The combo I used in Arena is dead.

At midscreen OMB delay 5d >5b>5dd>(max height)214b will cross over the opp so you can do old p4a combos for the most part,but i don't know how to do 214b at max height sorry :(.

What exactly does safejumping mean? I didn't know whether to ask this here or the Q&A thread.

You're fine. :)  Basically safejumping lets you do a jump in attack without fear of a reversal. Yu has the ability to safejump j.b after certain moves as you jump in j.b while holding back. If you time your jump right three things would happen either: a. they get hit trying to mash a button b. you would be able to block a reversal move and punish it or c. they just block it and you can begin pressure. Its one of yu's best tools that every player should learn.

You're fine. :)  Basically safejumping lets you do a jump in attack without fear of a reversal. Yu has the ability to safejump j.b after certain moves as you jump in j.b while holding back. If you time your jump right three things would happen either: a. they get hit trying to mash a button b. you would be able to block a reversal move and punish it or c. they just block it and you can begin pressure. Its one of yu's best tools that every player should learn.

So the list of things on the front page are things I can safe jump into, right? Also is there a video or anything that I can see an example of? Also confused as to how its safe against DPs.

EDIT: Sorry for all the Qs, I tried googling guides and information about it myself but came up short.

So the list of things on the front page are things I can safe jump into, right? Also is there a video or anything that I can see an example of? Also confused as to how its safe against DPs.

EDIT: Sorry for all the Qs, I tried googling guides and information about it myself but came up short.

Dont worry about it. First of, yes this safejump put of the OP is things you can safejump into just learn the timing and you should be fine.

Next, there isn't any video of just solely safe jumps sorry to say but watching matches or specifically Raiden's old 5d oki examples from the original persona 4 arena (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1a8-E-MIIc) they maybe from the old game but they should give you a good idea what safe jumps are and how to apply them your game.

Finally, safe jumps and dps in this game is weird to say the least. For example, you can safe jump a yu or mitsuru player for their dps and punish them badly, but for characters like Akihiko, Kanji , and Yukiko you have to time your j.b to make sure you don't get hurt for it, and then with characters like Yosuke or Teddie you cant do it at all as their dp cant be safe jumped.

I put a character list of who you can and can't safe jump against in the gameplay discussion. If you have anymore questions ask them in the gameplay discussion as this is for combos. ( Thanks :) )

As I've posted before, you can definitely safejump Yosuke's DP with the correct timing, it's just really unforgiving. And you can never safejump Kanji's DP with a non-persona attack, don't bother.

For Kanji, you can play RPS with him by using safejump j.B / jump air backdash zio / j.C ZC. You can also meaty 5C and react to the dp but you are vulnerable to grabs. You can also try to use 5D for oki after 214B ender.

Suppose I hit a cornered grounded standing opponent with 5A and I have 100% meter. What's my best damage? What about with 50% meter? I see so many variations on Narukami combos that it's hard to keep straight.

Sirlin has a really good video about how a safe jump works from his Super Turbo video. It's exactly the same concept in this game. http://youtu.be/qDyIunlft1s

Suppose I hit a cornered grounded standing opponent with 5A and I have 100% meter. What's my best damage? What about with 50% meter? I see so many variations on Narukami combos that it's hard to keep straight.

Sirlin has a really good video about how a safe jump works from his Super Turbo video. It's exactly the same concept in this game. http://youtu.be/qDyIunlft1s

100 meter 5B, works almost anywhere

5B 5C 214D 236236B OMC 214B 2B j.C j.214A 5A 5C 2C 214B

5k exact damage iirc

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to the game and i had a question about Zio cancelling. I read somewhere that it's used in combos, but I'm not exactly sure how its done or any other practical purposes of it. Any help is appreciated.

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to the game and i had a question about Zio cancelling. I read somewhere that it's used in combos, but I'm not exactly sure how its done or any other practical purposes of it. Any help is appreciated.

Zio cancelling is mostly a S. Yu thing, it works like S. Naoto's trap cancelling, you're cancelling the recovery of the move in order to connect the next move.

Something like etc > 214B > j.214A > ZC to cancel A lion recov > 5C > etc is where Shadow Yu would use it.

Normal Yu can use Zio cancel to do j.C loops on FC and make j.C a safejump against kanji as it brings him back to the ground faster.

Thanks. i just had one more question. What is Yu's best combo off of an anti-air 2B? I usually do 2B>5C>JC>j.BB>JC>j.B>j.C>214B. Is there a better combo I should be practicing?

Thanks. i just had one more question. What is Yu's best combo off of an anti-air 2B? I usually do 2B>5C>JC>j.BB>JC>j.B>j.C>214B. Is there a better combo I should be practicing?

you can do j.A > j.C stuff, it's harder, but gets good corner carry and more damage. You need to be close to the corner, around P1 start to be able to link the 5A off this.

2B AA(CH?) > 5C > IAD dl j.A > dl j,C > j.214A > 5A > 5C > 2C > 214B