Anne

[P4AU] Aigis Q&A Thread

basically just do an IAD motion (9 6) and hit AC right after you hit 6.

so basically IAD airturn

It's pretty godlike but there are a lot ways around it, people can evade on the ground, jump airgrab etc

If you do this properly and vary your mix up, those things aren't going to happen to you unless your opponent likes huge risk and is a yomi god. If they roll and you didn't lock them odwn you get a free punish anyways.

Is there any reason to pick shadow aigis over normal? Im interested in this character but I just want to know the difference. Maybe linking match footage of a shadow aigis so I can compared? Thanks in advance :)

Is there any reason to pick shadow aigis over normal? Im interested in this character but I just want to know the difference. Maybe linking match footage of a shadow aigis so I can compared? Thanks in advance :)

Shadow Aigis is just so bad. Shadows do less damage in general combos and Aigis kinda needs a burst to cover for orgia. I don't think shadow Aigis' shadow berserk combos do much damage either. However the old auto combo has it's advantages but the new one is also good. So in short there is literally no logical reason to use shadow aigis.

For those who actually want to play Shadow Aigis for the hell if it, here are some combos I came up with while doing here challenges and experimenting for a bit.

Auto Combo BnB:

AAA > Jump Cancel > j.B > 5B > 2C > 22B > j.236D.

Strictly Midscreen Combos:

5B > 2AB > Fury > 5B > 2C > 22B > j.236CD > j.214CD[About 10 or so missiles] > j.66 > 236236CD > 214214D > 214214CD.

[Orgia]: j.B > 2A > 5B > 2AB > Dash > j.B > j.C[1] > 5B > Fury > j.C[1] > j.236CD > j.214CD[About 10 hits] > j.66 > 236236CD > 214214D > 214214CD.

Throw[1] > Fury > 214B > 22B > j.236CD > j.214CD[About 10 hits] > j.66 > 236236CD > 214214D > 214214CD.

[Orgia]: Throw[1] > Fury > 214CD > 236CD > j.214CD[About 10 hits] > j.66 > 236236CD > 214214D > 214214CD.

They all do about 5000 damage and are strictly midscreen because 236236AB > 214214D won't connect in the corner. If you drag the opponent into the corner though, replace SB Shield with D Shield.

When doing j.214CD, you can dash midway because of the properties of shadow fury. When dashing out of it, move somewhere close to the opponent on the ground so that 236236CD can to connect while they're being hit be the missiles.

Corner Combos

5B > 5C > Fury > 2C > 22B > j.236CD > j.214CD[About 10 hits] > j.66 > 236236D > 214214D > 214214CD. About 4400 damage

[Orgia]: j.B > 2A > 5B > 5C > 2B[1] > Fury > Super Jump j.C > j.214AB > j.214B > j.214A > j.236CD > 214AB > 214214D > 214214CD. About 5700 damage.

Hope this helps all you oddballs out there wanting to play Shadow Aigis!

I'm a beginner trying to get into P4AU and I've settled on trying to main Aigis but I'm having a tough time learning the ropes. My main problem is I have no idea what I should be doing in the neutral. Should her neutral focus on using her Orgia mobility to get in or is it better to play a more ground based neutral? And what do you think is the best way to play the neutral game when outside of orgia? Cheers!

Okay, how the heck do I do mortar loops? I can get AAAA 214A A+B 214A 2A+C jc j.C 236D well enough but anything beyond that is killing me.

I think most mortar loop combos with anything more than one repetition tend to be corner only.

Not true. There are midscreen fatal and non-fatal loops. But non-fatal loops are done with specific starters, corner loops are the easiest though.

In order to do things like meterless mortar x3 you need very specifc types of juggles. GEtting 2 is easy, 3 is so difficult I decide to just not do it. Midscreen FC you can get around 9, and those are tricky since you'll need to rejump and position yourself a certain way.

I'm getting an issue where I just get dp'd out of pressure. I know there's a way to bait the dp even while still doing boosted j.b akin to doing a safe jump. Exactly how are you supposed to do this?

I'm getting an issue where I just get dp'd out of pressure. I know there's a way to bait the dp even while still doing boosted j.b akin to doing a safe jump. Exactly how are you supposed to do this?

vs what character?

Totally went over my head that it would be character specific. I guess to start how would it apply to those with 10 frame dps?

For 10 framers you can do downforward boost after 5B as the basic one. That works on a lot of them. The more specific ones I'm still testing, you can do 5A > downfrward boost on some, etc. Downforward boost is the general answer, but others you need to get a bit fancier on.

After sweep. Dp is common cause there is a large gap, boost hover cancel is a good way to bait it. I use it, semi-hard read though.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Persona 4 Arena, and I'm trying to main Aigis. I'm having some trouble w/ her challenge mode though. The mission I'm stuck on is mission 20 I think. In that one you have to do (in the corner) 5B> 5C> 2C> 22B> JC... I'm having trouble jumping after I do the 22B orgia boost. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I managed to pull the combo off. When I viewed the demonstration the computer jumped after 22B then did J.C that's why I thought you had to do it. I tried not jumping but the JC wouldn't connect. So I guess you have to jump first. 

Bad matchups?  The matchup threads are pretty much bare...

Maybe Minazuki?? Honestly I don't feel she has any bad matchups. Ken is also a little annoying but hit him once and it might as well be over.

Bad matchups? The matchup threads are pretty much bare...

Well, posting in a MU thread with questions, thoughts, whatever is always a good way to draw out MU-related conversation. I've been writing two wiki pages, and Aigis's forum is usually quiet, so... I haven't gone in and fleshed everything out yet. (And with 2.0 looming -- ?? Don't know when it'll hit outside Japan, though, let alone how much certain MUs will change.)

Bad MUs: Minazuki (Aigis's worst MU), Sho, and Narukami are givens, and watch out for Adachi, Kuma, and Shadow Labrys -- Kuma is... Kuma; Adachi is a MU you just have to know, as once Adachi has 75 meter, you are unsafe (EX Atom Smasher is fast enough to CH you out of Boost) and he's difficult to safe-jump; Shadow Labrys will test your awareness and desire to eat FC 2B for bad approaches (while Asterius ignores most of your buttons and rampages around spamming hitboxes), but the Orgia changes mean you get more than one mix-up and don't have to waste as much gauge playing defence. Margaret is tricky if you don't know the MU, as you need to maneuver around her buttons and keep movement on point, though LK considers that MU to be slightly in Aigis's favour (once you're in, Margaret doesn't have great defensive options).

M'Ellis can give more insight -- I'm just paraphrasing. General rule: Aigis suffers against opponents with swords and anyone who can shut down air approaches. Minazuki is difficult to punish (you need to DP teleport; 2B and going air-to-air lose -- the timing for the DP is wonky, though, so if you can't hit it, remember he's +4 on block) and you kind of have to hold all of his shit until he runs out of ideas, since trying to OS him is a deathwish. Everyone has to respect wake-up Moonsmasher. Sho's Moonsmasher is AUB for 8f while rising during the first hit, so you need to be even more careful on his wake-up; his pressure is strong enough that he can put you into Guard Bonus if you don't fuck up or mash. Narukami still has 2B but lost the jump-cancel on block and you can sweep under 5B or whiff punish it for massive damage but anti-air 5A is sad (particularly on CH) while his pressure and mix-up are just stupidly safe unless the player gets impatient.

tl;dr Minazuki, Sho, Narukami, Adachi, Kuma, Shadow Labrys (? probably even now instead of actually bad, or at least closer to even), and, depending on how well you know the MU, Margaret. Not all of those MUs are "bad," but they can be if you don't know them.

Kuma and Narukami especially. They both have obnoxious ability to steal rounds away. With practically no weaknesses to boot.

Well, posting in a MU thread with questions, thoughts, whatever is always a good way to draw out MU-related conversation. I've been writing two wiki pages, and Aigis's forum is usually quiet, so... I haven't gone in and fleshed everything out yet. (And with 2.0 looming -- ?? Don't know when it'll hit outside Japan, though, let alone how much certain MUs will change.)

Bad MUs: Minazuki (Aigis's worst MU), Sho, and Narukami are givens, and watch out for Adachi, Kuma, and Shadow Labrys -- Kuma is... Kuma; Adachi is a MU you just have to know, as once Adachi has 75 meter, you are unsafe (EX Atom Smasher is fast enough to CH you out of Boost) and he's difficult to safe-jump; Shadow Labrys will test your awareness and desire to eat FC 2B for bad approaches (while Asterius ignores most of your buttons and rampages around spamming hitboxes), but the Orgia changes mean you get more than one mix-up and don't have to waste as much gauge playing defence. Margaret is tricky if you don't know the MU, as you need to maneuver around her buttons and keep movement on point, though LK considers that MU to be slightly in Aigis's favour (once you're in, Margaret doesn't have great defensive options).

M'Ellis can give more insight -- I'm just paraphrasing. General rule: Aigis suffers against opponents with swords and anyone who can shut down air approaches. Minazuki is difficult to punish (you need to DP teleport; 2B and going air-to-air lose -- the timing for the DP is wonky, though, so if you can't hit it, remember he's +4 on block) and you kind of have to hold all of his shit until he runs out of ideas, since trying to OS him is a deathwish. Everyone has to respect wake-up Moonsmasher. Sho's Moonsmasher is AUB for 8f while rising during the first hit, so you need to be even more careful on his wake-up; his pressure is strong enough that he can put you into Guard Bonus if you don't fuck up or mash. Narukami still has 2B but lost the jump-cancel on block and you can sweep under 5B or whiff punish it for massive damage but anti-air 5A is sad (particularly on CH) while his pressure and mix-up are just stupidly safe unless the player gets impatient.

tl;dr Minazuki, Sho, Narukami, Adachi, Kuma, Shadow Labrys (? probably even now instead of actually bad, or at least closer to even), and, depending on how well you know the MU, Margaret. Not all of those MUs are "bad," but they can be if you don't know them.

Kuma and Narukami especially. They both have obnoxious ability to steal rounds away. With practically no weaknesses to boot.

This basically means the more popular characters from what I gather LOL  Seriously though, thanks.  I have my work cut out for sure, although she does appear to have the tools necessary to win about any matchup from what it looks like.

P.S. I have no idea who Kuma is?