Anne

[P4AU] Aigis Q&A Thread

Minazuki sucks for Aigis, he can kinda just shit on her neutral by doing whatever he wants and her defensive tools aren't well suited to fight him. Sho kind of sucks, but you at least can play neutral against him. Minazuki is notably bad, Sho isn't that horrible but he gives her trouble in the "he has big forward hitboxes" department.

Narukami sucks for reasons of sword normals and good tools in general vs her, but it's actually not all that bad compared to last game. I feel it's maybe on slight favor for him.

Kuma is weird. Kind of just gets to play a neutral that makes Aigis' approach kind of null. The more I play it the harder it is to say anything other than he just gets to shut her down in neutral too often. The win rates for Aigis v Teddie in Japan are fairly low too across the board. I don't think it's anything too bad because Aigis can still play it and kill him though.

Adachi is probably just really annoying rather than a bad MU tbh. It might be slight favor to him for some options but they're not that drastic.

Slab dies too hard and the changes in P4U2 to orgia make it easier on Aigis. Close to even

Marge is even.

The thing to remember about Aigis MUs is that unless she gets shut down completely the MU can't be that bad. Minazuki can get close sometimes but even then it all it takes is a hit. So yeah, Aigis has difficulties with just a couple chars, but it's kind of toned down by her sheer ridiculousness and the fact she'll almost always have some risk/reward skew in too many situations. Minazuki is notably bad for being able to really safely avoid and control her though. In 2.0 I expect some things to become more pronounced when she has less orgia gauge and the reward lowers.

oh btw I'm M'Ellis :v

The important thing to remember about Teddie is that unless he gets you into the corner or tags you with a Fatal move or a relatively unsafe move (5C or 236A), his damage isn't going to be spectacular. Aigis wins in the damage race because Aigis damage, but Teddie has very good corner carry especially with meter. His neutral game takes a nosedive if he's Persona broken, so keep an eye out for it; if he's throwing items haphazardly 2B will break a lot of cards for free. His high-low mixup is also limited and he's mostly relying on cross-ups and items to do nasty stuff like tick throws.

Teddie wins in neutral, but if the Aigis is very good at offensive pressure it's an uphill battle for him to make a comeback. It is Teddie though so always watch out for the unpredictables.

Alright... I'm gonna need a little help guys. 

I'm having a hell of time trying to get down her new 5AA starter, which sucks cause it seems to be her go-to for decent damage outside of Orgia.

5AA>j.A>j.B>j.2B>2B>5B>etc.

Can't link anything after j.2B, as you may have guessed, lol.  I've had some success delaying the j.B, but its been pretty inconsistent.

Anything is appreciated ;D

All 3 hits of j.A, delay the j.B an absurd amount, then quickly do j.2B. You can link 2A after instead of 2B since if you drop it's safer to have that whiff than 2B.

Took me a couple of days to actually put it to the test but that's it!

Thnx a ton Anne!  You just improved my Aigis game ten fold, lol

Harro gaiz~

I hope it's not incredibly late to get in the scene at this time, but eh, better late than never.

Anyhow, I'm a newcomer to the P4 side of Dustloop, and have been grinding the basics in the lab for awhile now. However, one thing that comes to mind is Minazuki's hitbox. The other day, I just got her standard 5AA>Mode Change Bnb down, but it doesn't seem to work on either of the Sho Bros unless I swap 2B out with 2A. Is this execution error, or is there something up with their hitboxes? Same thing also happens with j.B>jc>j.BC juggles. unless the height is specific, the j.C tends to whiff. I have no issues thus far with the other characters.

It's just you. The Sho's have /slightly/ different hitboxes on things like j.2B so you'll need a tiny bit of adjustment, but that goes for whole categories of characters so it's nothing too specific. I know 2B after j.2B works on them after having done it many times. Their hitbox should have no bearing on j.B > j.BC stuff unless you are doing stupidly specific combos like delay j.C(2) > delay megido in order to do cannon ender.

It's just you. The Sho's have /slightly/ different hitboxes on things like j.2B so you'll need a tiny bit of adjustment, but that goes for whole categories of characters so it's nothing too specific. I know 2B after j.2B works on them after having done it many times. Their hitbox should have no bearing on j.B > j.BC stuff unless you are doing stupidly specific combos like delay j.C(2) > delay megido in order to do cannon ender.

Ah, k. So I really just have to change up my j.2B timing. Thanks Anne~

For the j.B>j.BC stuff, I guess it's mostly because I'm using unoptimal corner stuff right now (not quite on mortar loops yet). When testing on Yu, he gets caught by the lower end of j.C, whereas the ShoBros donn't, most likely because I launched with 5B a tad too late.

Hi, I'm looking for a new character to start learning to play as, only because I've been playing Margaret since the game came out and I admire how Aigis plays but, I have been made aware that Aigis is extremely difficult to play as (Few Aigis players online have told me this). I know she is hard but, is she as hard as she's made out to be? As I play on controller as-well and I don't know if she is controller friendly. If she's not impossible to pick up at this stage then is there anything I should do to get the ball rolling? Anything simple to get down as a foundation? 

Thanks

She's really not all that difficult, she just plays a bit different from everybody else and requires management. Learn the safejumps and the more basic BnBs and try to move around with her properly, if you can do that then you can go ahead and get rolling.

Hello, I'm starting to learn Aigis(I know. Late to the party :v), but i don't know where to start. Can anyone direct me on what i should start learning cause i know absouletly nothing about her other than hearing she is difficult. Regardless, I want to learn how to play her because she looks very cool to me :3

23 hours ago, Shigekazu said:

Hello, I'm starting to learn Aigis(I know. Late to the party :v), but i don't know where to start. Can anyone direct me on what i should start learning cause i know absouletly nothing about her other than hearing she is difficult. Regardless, I want to learn how to play her because she looks very cool to me :3

I'd say learning how to move around in Orgia is a good start. Orgia mode movement is a very important part of her neutral game. One you get a decent handle on that learn how to do her safe jumps(Safejump on megido is probably the easiest. It's after you finish a combo with j.236C/D/CD you jump when they hit the ground and then hit j.B when they tech.) You can start out with an easy megido combo like [Activate Orgia mode(22A/B)] 5AA > jump cancel > j.C > j.236D or j.236CD to practice the safe jump timing. It works with any combo ending with megido(j.236C/D/CD) so if you already tried out any other combos it should work with them as well. You can look up some footage in the video thread and that may help you understand how she works better. :)

Also, feel free to check out the Aigis dustloop wiki! It has a lot of useful information on all her moves and how/when to use them so I'd recommend it if you are uncertain about her moves, what she does, input for moves/super, etc. Here's the link!: http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=P4AU/Aigis

Also welcome to playing Aigis! :D