Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

[CT] Hakumen Thread

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/5082/hakugs7.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5886/sspx0660we7.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/sspx0660we7.jpg/1/w1280.png

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/1830/sspx0659mc6.jpg

Thanks to Baod for the awesome HQ images!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone who doesn't know, here are the instructions to unlock Haku-Men -- Note that you need access to the system operator menu. From the menue choose "Screen Adjustment".

1. hold start for more than 5 seconds (coin sound)

2. button 4, right, button 2 (coin sound)

3. start, left, start, up, right, button 1 (coin sound)

4. left, down, right, button 1, start (new challenger sound)

5. if you succeed you will automatically exit screen adjustment, and it'll ask you, SPECIAL CONTENTS SAVE OK? say yes

note: in my area, our BB cabinet buttons are laid out as 4, 1, 2, 3. It's probably that way for all cabinets (basically button setting B)

Move List

Normals:

5A: 5F startup, +3 on block

5B: 10F startup, +0 on block

5C: 14F startup, -12 on block

5D: 7F startup, 12 "active frames" (Can catch the opponent's attack for 12 frames), Unblockable

6A: 11F startup, +2 on block

6B: 13F startup, -9 on block

6C: 17F startup, -14 on block

6D: 1F startup, 7 "active frames" (Can catch the opponent's attack for 7 frames), Unblockable

2A: 6F startup, +1 on block

2B: 9F startup, +2 on block

2C: 13F startup, -18 on block

2D: 1F startup, 7 "active frames" (Can catch the opponent's attack for 7 frames), Unblockable

3C: 9F startup, -16 on block

JA: 7F startup

JB: 10F startup

JC: 14F startup

JD: 1F startup, 9 "active frames" (Can catch the opponent's attack for 9 frames), Unblockable

J2C: 11F startup

Damage chart removed: Will be replacing with a frame data chart (Damage/prorates included) as soon as we can get support added for the table.

Drive Move: Zanshin: A type of counter. If performed at the right moment, your opponent's attack will be negated, and Hakumen will retaliate. Does not work against throws. If used against projectiles, the counter will catch the projectile and the retaliatory attack will come out, but unless the opponent is near Hakumen, the opponent will not be damaged. Here is the difference between the counters:

5D: Vulnerable at the start, but has the longest "active" period of all the counters. Catches overheads and mid attacks. If successful, tosses the opponent behind you, dealing 1700 damage and giving you 1 star of meter.

2D: Active immediately. Catches mid and low attacks. If successful, tosses the opponent behind you, dealing 1020 damage and giving you 1 star of meter.

6D: Active immediately, but has a very short period of time it can catch attacks. If successful Haku-Men pushes the opponent (who goes into a special "spiral" falling animation, similar to Rachel's 5C~C), dealing 0 damage and building 0 meter. He has plenty of time to dash forward and still be able to combo. Easiest counter to use "on reaction" to an incoming attack.

JD: Active immediately. Catches any attack that can hit you while airborn. If successful, tosses the opponent above and behind Haku-Men, dealing 1610 damage and giving you 1 star of meter. They can air tech before it is possible for you to hit them under normal circumstances (Haven't checked to see if it is possible to Rapid Cancel this move. If so, followup may be possible).

Specials: Note, the number in parenthesis is the number of levels (or stars) required from his unique meter. There are 8 levels total.

Guren: 236A(1): Lunges forward and thrusts with the hilt of his sword. Wallbounces opponents if they were airborn or knocked down. Doesn't launch standing opponents.

Renka: 214B(2): Does a double kick combo which launches the opponent on either hit. The first hit is a low attack.

Zantetsu: 41236C(3): Massive overhead slash for the first hit (must be blocked high), followed by a sweeping slash (must be blocked low). Appears to be safe on block, even if the opponent instant blocks.

Kishuu: 623A(1): A command dash of sorts. Reportedly has upper body invincibility. Covers more distance than his normal dash, and can be cancelled into as a combo extender.

Enma: After Kishuu, press A(1): Cancels the command dash into an uppercut. Launches opponents on hit, and can be jump cancelled on hit or block.

Hotaru: j214C(2): A shoryuken of sorts (read: invincible special), with the restriction that it can only be performed in the air. He does a single upward kick that launches the opponent on hit. Appears to be safe on block if tigerknee'd (motion: 2147B). Resets his jump options (but does not give you an additional airdash). 11F startup, invincible from frame 1-14.

Tsubaki: j214B(3): Downward sword slash which knocks down opponents on hit. Can be used as an air combo ender, to knock down the opponent, or tigerkneed (2147C) as a quick overhead.

Supers:

Shippuu: 632146C(4): Huge downward sword slash which releases a projectile wave. You can charge this move and it becomes unblockable -- however, you aren't invincible while charging, and the opponent can just jump over it. If you predict their jump, you could try releasing it at the exact moment their jump startup occurs, but that's a guess that isn't in your favor. This move can still be cancelled into other specials, as long as it hits/is blocked. The projectile wave deals signifigantly less damage than the initial hit of the super, but luckily the sword slash has great range so typically it's the part that connects. I haven't been able to get both hits to connect, I think the sword slash hitting might prevent the projectile wave from doing so.

Yukikaze: 236236D(4): Counter super, doesn't work against low attacks

Mugen: 214214B(8) -- Puts you into a special mode, your bar drains rapidly, but during this time you can perform unlimited specials/supers, until your bar runs out. Gives you a 20% damage bonus on all moves. Possibly increases the damage of Shippu by more than 20%. Disables roman cancel until the super ends. Meter drain does not stop during your superflash or the opponents.

COMBOS! (And Combo Theory)

I'm sure this is the section you've all been waiting for! I'll be updating this over the next couple days. First, lets discuss his basic chains:

5A -> (5A or 2A)

2A -> (5A or 2A)

JA -> JA (can link into JB vs. airborn opponents as well... at least I think it's a link)

6A -> 6B

...That's it! That's all of the chain combos you get, with Haku-Men.

Please note, that for 5A, 2A, and JA, the timing to chain out of them is slightly delayed. You have to chain during the recovery frames of your move (Can't chain during the active frames (i.e. can't chain immediately on hit)). Slightly tricky, if you're used to normal chains.

Basic meterless combos:

On normal hit, 6A links into another 6A, 5a/2a/5b/2b if close enough, or into 3C at any range. Damage is low because 6A prorates your damage significantly.

6A -> 3C = 1232

6A -> 6A -> 3C = 1395

6A -> 6A -> 6A -> 3C = 1517 (Tager only, or requires CH for other characters)

On counterhit (CH), 6A combos to jC, which basically lets you perform any combo you want afterwards. CH 6A also combos to dash -> 6A again (in case you want to waste time with a slow 6A x3 combo to let your meter refill)

Slightly more advanced combos:

2Ax2 -> 214B(2 hits) -> slight delay 236A -> 6C -> (optional 632146C).Damage is 2157(3684 with super).

Notes about the combo: It works midscreen on most characters, but against smaller ones (Carl, Arakune, ?Litchi?) the 236A will miss.

2Ax2 -> 214B(1 hit) -> 236A -> 6C -> (optional 632146C): Damage is 1937(3973 with super). Cost is 3(7) stars.

Works against everyone. Cost is 3(7) stars.

(6A, 5B, 5C, or 2C) -> 623A~A (Kishuu -> Enma) -> jump -> falling jC, land 2C, sj2C (-> extra j2C if cornered) -> airdash j2C (-> can link multiple j2C if in the corner) -> (optional 214C knockdown).

Works against everyone, all hits not in parenthesis will connect midscreen. Cost is 2(5) stars.

Counterhit 5C or 2C combo (Either attack works on counterhit, 2C works against crouching opponents on normal hit, 5C works against airborn or downed opponents on normal hit)

5C/2C -> 41236C -> 5C -> (if you have a lot of meter, add another 41236C -> 5C) -> end with [236A -> 6C if far from corner] or [236A -> 2C -> j2C -> airdash j2C if cornered]

Neutral(Forward) Throw -> 236A -> 6C (-> optional 632146C) basic 1 star throw combo that works on everyone midscreen.

Neutral(Forward) Throw -> 236A -> dash -> 5B -> j2C -> airdash -> meaty jC as the opponent techs

Note: Does very similar damage to the above 6C combo, but leaves you with better positioning / more time to get back on top of the opponent as they stand up. At the low height j2C is performed at, the opponent can't air tech and is forced to early ground tech or be OTG relaunched by your jC.

Neutral(Forward) Throw -> [236A -> 623A -> 5C]xN -> 236A -> 6C.

If you are too close to the corner, the 6C will not have time to connect. You can follow up with 5C instead for a knockdown, 2C into an aircombo, or 5C 236A which will usually make the opponent bounce over your head if you were very close to them (Can link another 5C after this). After you reach a certain proximity to the corner you can leave out the 623A and just use 236A -> walk forward -> 5C

(Forward or back)Throw opponent into the corner -> 214B -> 5B -> j2C -> falling jC -> 2C -> sj2C -> j2C -> airdash [j2C]xN

More to come as it's found!

Hakumen's special/super uses bar. His bar is reset to 1 every round. It fills automatically at about 1 bar per 7 seconds. It also increments every time you get hit/ land an attack. His D is a counter. 2d will counter low attacks, 5d will counter the high. It looks like mid attacks can be counter either way. When successful, it will grab the opponent for 1020 dmg (2d), or 1700 dmg (5d), or 1610 dmg (jd). Hakumen has 12k hp.

At the loketests, Hakumen and v13 were playable, and existed as seperate balanced versions (not the boss version). So yeah his damage is lower, looked like his meter didn't rise as fast also -- but it's hard to tell from the poor video quality on the live feed.

link to live feed: http://www.stickam.jp/profile/trfggxx

No one is playing Hakumen anymore on the livefeed... but maybe soon someone else will pick him.

Edit: Concerning his "legality", typically characters unlocked in this way end up tournament legal (unless there is something broken enough that gets them banned). Dizzy and Testament were unlocked this way in GGX.

Whether they'll end up tournament legal for us probably will depend on . . .

what Japan decides to do

then USA will just copy them

initial impressions: his Drive attacks are catch moves. Also, he has almost no gatlings, so he's kinda like slayer in taht regard. His super meter is different from everyone else in the game. When the meter fills up, he gains a star and he can hold a total of 8 stars. All special/supers cost stars to do. He gains meter by standing still (about one star every 7 or 8 seconds), or he can gain them faster by attacking and blocking stuff. Specials cost between 1-3 stars depending on the special used. Supers and RCs cost 4 stars. I guess alpha counters take 4 stars too? i didn't try. So far, he still does crazy damage, but he doesn't have as much defense as his boss mode (from my limited playing). gatlings found so far: 6A > 6B 2C and j.B are jump cancelable j.A > j.B that's it. seriously, it's like slayer, but i think ppl will have to use meter to link attacks together to form combos. The only normals i've been able to link together is 5A, 5A, 5A and 2A, 2A, 2A haha. command normals: 6A: slayer style 6P, but not as much range, seems to have invincibility 6B: stomp looking thing. Looks like an overhead, but it actually hits low. 6C: further reaching sword swipe. j.2C: he does this thing where he's like... aiming his sword at the ground and pushes his sword forward... looks like a push block move... i dunno, hard to explain. On hit and block, it pushes him into the air a little bit specials 1 star specials: 236A > dash in elbow. Has some invincibility, not much damage 623A > dash in, has invincibility 2 star speciasl: 214B > 2 kicks that have the SF4 style ink effect j.214B > 1 kick with the SF4 style ink effect 3 star specials: 41236C > overhead sword swipe followed by sword sweep. No idea if it's an overhead or not. Big damage j.214C > swipe with the sword at a downward angle 4 star super: 632146C > wave super. No invincibility. Does more damage if hte enemy is closer to hakumen when hit. If in the air and not in the range of hte sword, it whiffs. 236236D > catch super. Think Remy's catch super in 3S. Does big damage if it hits. didn't find command to super mode, but baod has discovered it now so i guess i'll try it later Drive: Hakumen has this shield looking thing appear in front of him and if hte oppoent hits, when you have this out, you slam him to hte ground or something. If you whiff this, then you have some recovery, so you can't really spam this. This costs nothing to use. Press 2D, 5D, 6D, or j.D to perform a catch move. I bet the differnt directions affect what can be caught, but i didn't test much.

wow, he sounds like a very fun character. Powerful single attacks with very few combos, but you have to earn the combos from the star system. He doesn't look THAT broken though. A lot of his attacks look like they leave him open, and he doesn't have as much range as his long sword would have you think. Considering that he can't really combo, he doesn't deal as much damage per assault as someone who's stringing a full combo off each random hit.

bosses are: a.) balanced b.) not broken yet c.) will be played at tourneys please stop speculating about their brokenness, you could do that about every other char at this point. also, the japanese probably got the info from arc after a while, instead of the usual time unlock.

Story: firsrt 8 stages have no Story. Then he beats up v13 and mentions some name I haven't heard before... Then he fights ragna and says that he'll die after he kills ragna. Afterwards the game shows some storybook thing saying how a long time ago there was a black beast and that the6 heroes defeated it. It shows some siholuettes of the six heroes. After defeating the black beast the ppl lock hakumen up in that stage of his. The end. Random note: when hakumen is electrocuted he has no skeleton... he's a bunch of machinery

Nice, he looks like a very unique character to use, especially with that star system it looks like he need a lot of work to master! I'm sure not only will V13 be toned down, but she probably won't launch a lot of her projectiles like her boss version!

Yes! Finally the character that me (and Dogura) wants to play is available! I'll start playing him from today and forth! Nice timing, since today my winterholiday started :)

Taken from the BlazBlue info thread: Hakumen's movelist Profile Height: 208 cm Weight: 155 kg Blood type: Unknown Origin: Unknown Birthday: Unknown Hobby: Unknown Likes: Order Dislikes: The Black Beast CV: ????? Command List Command Moves 6 + A, 6 + B, 6 + C, 3 + D, (during jump) 2 + C Drive Zanshin [斬神, God Slash]: Unleash an attack of the Strike Technique System. Special Moves Guren [紅蓮, Crimson Lotus]: 236 + A (1) Renka [蓮華, Lotus Flower]: 214 + B (2) Zantetsu (残鉄, Leftover Iron]: 41236 + C (3) Kishū [鬼蹴, Ogre Kick]: 623 + A (1) → Enma [閻魔, Ruler of the Underworld]: During Kishū, A (1) Shibaki [椿折, Camellia Break]: During jump, 214 + B (2) Hotaru [火蛍, Blazing Firefly]: During jump, 214 + C (3) Distortion Drives Shippū [虚空陣 疾風, Void Space Formation - Hurricane]: 632146 + C (4) Yukikaze [虚空陣 雪風, Void Space Formation - Snowy Wind]: 236236 + D (4) Mugen [虚空陣奥義 夢幻, Void Space Formation Secret - Dream]: 214214 + B (8) *The figure in parenthesis is how much of the guage is consumed. Now let's get some gameplay and stuff. :3

Just a note, the name for those attacks is actually "Astral Heat", according to the new Arcadia. From what little I've read about his strategy so far, it seems that it's important to make effective use of his command moves and his Drive and make sure not to whiff specials and, especially, Distortion Drives, because his guage system limits your opportunities to use them. Which is pretty obvious, I suppose.

Well from what I've seen, he struggles really hard against Arakune. He might possibly also have a hard time dealing with Taokaka, but I haven't seen that matchup yet.

It seems that his pokes offer a multitude of options based on the point in the attack's animation... That far sword slash recovers very slowly, but you can't just IAD over him, because the hitbox hits upwards towards the end of the attack. This isn't something I've seen before, and he may be more interesting because of it. Honestly, the largest issue I can imagine is his abare being low because of his lack of gatlings and reliance on a timer based star system. But, if his damage is as large as it looks so far... (Already they have found a 4 hit, 35% damage throw combo off of a 1-star attack.) Then he -should- theoretically pan out alright. :3

I saw a match where an Arakune was flying around spamming stuff and Hakumen got down to like 1/5 HP, then he landed a grab and turned the match around. I think that most Hakumen players are going to try to stall at the start of the match, which makes him kind of predictable, and he will be suffering from negative penalty a lot. But yeah, when he has meter and stuff, he's scary. You can combo his single sword strike super from one of his ink kicks and it does a buttload of damage.

Thankfully, one thing I noticed is that due to the range of Hakumen's sword sweeps, he's able to destroy Arakune's "anti-jump" cloud without needing to leave the ground. The Hakumen who was playing also used the same attack to tag Arakune when he was trying to spit out a cloud.

236236D is his super counter move, it'll be a red colored shield his j.D stops all his air movement if you use it when you're airdashing, or in mid jump so if you jump, then immediately j.D, it'll stop you as soon as you press it same for an airdash, pressing it mid airdash will stop your movement completely

Thing is though, he used a normal counter to parry Ragna's attack. I saw him use the super parry on another character (Arakune) and it was a completely different animation. When he gets a normal counter, he grabs the opponent and slams them down behind him. A bit like his back throw. When he gets a super counter, he takes his sword and slashes right through them in typical samurai style.

Hey guys, was messing around with Haku-men today, figured out a couple of nifty things: 1) Meter buildings does NOT increase wben low on health, stays the same always. 2) His 6D move does not gain him any additional meter, but can combo off of it pretty easily. 3) (Now, pay attention, this is the most important part) his special moves cancel into each other. No, I did not overdose on crack (again...), they really do. They can't cancel into the same one, but he can do something like 236A > 214B > 236C > 236A (wall bounce) > 623A > 2C > jc > j.C. I'll post more as I figure stuff out. If you guys have any ideas you want tested, just let me know and I'll figure it out as soon as possible. Oh yeah, I almost forgot: If Hakumen is in his unlimited special move mode, he can't RC. Oh well.

- If you instant block, he gains around 1/3 of a bar per IB. - You can link (yes link) 6A into 5B, and probably more, Of course you can chain it into 6B but still... - He doesn't stop gaining meter (or losing it if you're in infinite-meter mode) during super freeze. Bang Install activation makes him waste 4-5 levels during infinite-meter mode. - His dash is a hop like Carl's, and you can't interrupt it. - I didn't find any good karathrows...

I don't think he looks easy to use. Keep in mind that at the start of the match, he's stuck with very few options until he can build stars. You're going to need to get good at using his catch drives unless you want to be rushed down by the faster characters.

Most of the matches I've seen, if he wins, he does so with like 1/5th of his health left. He's described as a "high risk, high reward" character on the Japanese wiki.

He's described as a "high risk, high reward" character on the Japanese wiki.

Equal risk for equal reward? Sounds like fun.