Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

[CT] Hakumen Thread

So his C attacks can knock projectiles out of the air and let you safely advance? What about multiple projectiles like Jin's jump ice projectile where he throws out 3 icicle things (sorry, I don't know what move it is)

Yes, as long as the active frames of his sword attack hits a projectile, it will destroy them.

can someone who has access to hakumen see if its possible to 5d/2d autocounter->infinte stars overdrive (214214b)->loldamage->next round?

I'm not sure what you meant by next round (everything resets after each round), but counter > 214214B > anything doesn't seem to combo. I've tried everything I can think of but there is startup and recovery on that super, so it's not like furen kazan. It still may be possible, but I wasn't able to do it.

Man, after watching those videos posted above, I feel like an absolute scrub. I couldn't find anything this guy did after my experience with him... I spent about 1 hour playing Haku-Men this weekend in Nor Cal, and here are my notes. A - Basic standing jab; think Robo-Ky's, without the crazy advantage. You can combo them into each other. 2A - Basic crouching jab. 6A - He leans forward and kinda does a 45 degree angle headbutt. Gatlings into 6B. j.A - Basic jumping punch. B - A slightly high angle kick. 2B - Basic low kick. On counter-hit, combos into 3C 6B - A low hitting foot stomp. On counterhit, bounces. j.B - Basic jumping kick. Doesn't really cross-up well from my experience. C - Downward angle sword attack. Special cancelable 2C - Think Ky's 2HS. One hit, jump cancelable, special cancelable. 6C - Huge sword swipe. Not cancelable, but does great damage and has lots of active frames. 3C - A low sweep that is very, very fast in comparison to the rest of his attacks. j.C - Huge downward angle, hits like a brick. j.2C - Weird sword-hilt attack. Bounces him back, allows him to spice up air combos. D, j.D, 6D, 2D - All counters. Each of these attacks causes a different effect when used. 6D causes the opponent to twirl around, allowing for a j.C -> 2C style combos. 2D causes Haku-men to ground bounce the opponent behind him. D causes a generic flip over the shoulder animation. j.D causes him to perform a backflip, launching the opponent into the air. His supers have already been described. However, I'll go into a bit more detail on the counter super. 236236D - Can be activated from any type of hit; a projectile, or an actual physical hit. They have different effects depending. If a physical hit touches the shield, everything stops and Haku-men hits instantly, and does around 40% ~ 50% damage on most characters. If a projectile hits, he will go into the animation without the screen freeze. The "hit" is the middle of the screen, and hits over the entire thing. Honestly, I'm not sure if it is unblockable or not; but that is easy to test. :3

Counter vs. projectiles is unblockable, invincible, unthrowable. However, you can just jump over it. :^)

He's good, but not broken.

Watching videos, haven't seen anyone do anything amazing yet. Maybe I should post up combos when I have time or whatever.

Thing about him is that he has no real way of getting out pressure other than Instant Blocking a moving and hope to god your next normal will be too slow for him to counter (which to be fair, in most cases you will win because IB is soooo fuckin' good in this game it's annoying... sorry... had to vent out some anger there).

His Alpha Counter is fuckin' trash.

Oh, but it's so good when it hits!

Yeah, I can only hit random idiots off it...

No, I take that back, even when I'm playing a Masher they fuckin' beat his Alpha Counter.

FUCK THIS BITCH!!!

So yeah, he's good.

He does good damage.

But he's not top tier.

And i'm mad that my BlazBlue is not english.

(Hate)

He can't really pressure without going through all his meter because very few of his normals actually chain into each other. It's pretty hard to actually hit the projectiles because of how slow his C attacks are. The counters have pretty short active time and you're in counter hit state for all of the recovery. If the full screen DD you are talking about is the chargeable sword swipe it does less damage the further away they are.

He's powerful, yes, but he's risky as all hell. He is either going to punish the opponent or get punished hard. And yes, his long-distance sword attack is not much better than Jin's, except it's weaker at a distance and can be charged. At a distance it can also be jumped.

At this point, I felt he was extremely difficult to be effective with. Good luck ever catching Arakune... Also, if you throw out 6C or any C attack while Arakune does his D bug (the multi-hit annoying one), prepare to wait 5 seconds before being able to attack again... Unfortunately, I do not remember what each attack does. I just remember spamming his air overhead, because it was beefy. (j.214C)

Neutral throw->236A, 6C does 3000 dmg...that's the same as a Tager Buster, for 1 star...

wow...just 1 star

Has anyone found a combo during "Mugen" state?

Some of the Jpn combos that Yeknom was helping us understand are pretty sexy: neutral throw->236A->623A (whiff), 2C jump 2C, airdash 2C, C is OMG damage now that I can do it, for 2 stars. And it's long enough that you get one back during the combo.

And i'm mad that my BlazBlue is not english.

(Hate)

BlazBlue had a global simultaneous release, so if I remember correctly you can set it to english if you tell the operator to go to the options. I remember seeing the option in the menu during the Ranbat at Sunnyvale Golfland in my area.

~Chun

6A is high invincible (natch), but 6B is low invincible. It will dodge Taokaka's slide at point-blank range. CH 6A links to anything you want (likesay, jump, falling C, land, combo of choice) and CH 6B you can do 2C and followup with juggles, or OTG. 623+A is above-feet invincible, it dodges such moves as Tager's 5D, Tao's 5C, etc. And it's fast. Think of it as a better Noel 5D. ;^)

Hey guys, you've all been so awesome lately, I thought you deserved a reward. So here's some proration data:

.....................1st Hit of Combo | During Combo | Damage |

j.A:....................53.4%.....|......86.0%. ...|....220...|

6A:....................50.9%.....|......59.8%.....|....620...|

5A:....................60.6%.....|......94.5%.....|....180...|

2A:....................57.5%.....|......89.1%.....|....160...|

j.B:...................64.0%.....|......91.0%.....|....590...|

6B:....................51.0%.....|......78.8%.....|....930...|

5B:....................65.7%.....|......92.0%.....|....620...|

2B:....................56.1%.....|......87.8%.....|....600...|

j.2C:..................47.9%.....|......77.5%.....|....980...|

j.C:...................59.0%.....|......88.5%.....|....1070..|

6C:....................73.5%.....|......93.0%.....|....1640..|

5C:....................60.0%.....|......88.1%.....|....1110..|

3C:....................48.0%.....|......60.1%.....|....1200..|

2C:....................55.0%.....|......87.5%.....|....1030..|

j.D:...................64.0%.....|......____......|....1610..|

6D:....................63.9%.....|......____......|.....0....|

5D:....................61.4%.....|......____......|....1700..|

2D:....................61.4%.....|......____......|....1020..|

236A:..................70.8%.....|......71.1%.....|....560...|

623A:..................n/a.......|.....0....|

623A(A):...............61.1%.....|......47.5%.....|....860...|

214B (1st Hit):........85.0%.....|......120%......|....835...|

214B (2nd Hit):........110%......|......92.6%.....|....675...|

41236C (1st Hit):......67.5%.....|......94.4%.....|....1830..|

41236C (2nd Hit):......57.5%.....|......75.5%.....|....1530..|

j.214B:................66.1%.....|......92.5%.....|....1250..|

j.63214C:..............57.5%.....|......90.9%.....|....2200..|

632146C:...............46.9%.....|......82.3%.....|....4000..|

B+C:...................48.0%.....|......54.2%.....|....2100..|

j.B+C:.................40.1%.....|......50.4%.....|....2000..|

All damage numbers are accurate to within 5 points, all percentages are accurate to within a tenth of a percent. I realize I do not have the proration numbers for his drive moves during a combo. If any of you want to figure out completely whacky setups to test them, by all means, please do.

Anyway, Enjoy!

(Hmm... wondering who's going to be the next character for proration data? I'm not gonna say, the answer may bug you.)

You damage numbers are all accurate except for 214B. The damage is 830/860 for hits 1 and 2. Also, you listed j214C as j63214C. Thanks for researching the proration data, saves me some time, hehe.

played BB at Fausty Frosting, and mostly played Hakumen (and some Ragna/Jin) i got a 15 win streak with Hakumen, (mostly cause sean was busy playing other games lol) I don't think hes broken, but hes really strong and good. absolutely ridicoulus damage he does sometimes. (slayer stupid) However when I played Sean (SH_), his Arakune raped the shit out of Hakumen, it was almost an impossible match it felt to me. its pretty hard to reaction D something with Hakumen. God he hits like a truck.

;335189']played BB at Fausty Frosting, and mostly played Hakumen (and some Ragna/Jin)

i got a 15 win streak with Hakumen, (mostly cause sean was busy playing other games lol)

I don't think hes broken, but hes really strong and good. absolutely ridicoulus damage he does sometimes. (slayer stupid)

However when I played Sean (SH_), his Arakune raped the shit out of Hakumen, it was almost an impossible match it felt to me.

its pretty hard to reaction D something with Hakumen.

God he hits like a truck.

Agreed; Arakune vs. Hakumen may be completely impossible.

Until Arakune marks you he is your bitch. Keep in mind that Hakumen's 5c, 3c, 2c, 6c, j.c, 41236c, j.214c, and 632146c will all disable any projectiles they hit INCLUDING ARAKUNE'S CLOUDS and will then still go on to hit your opponent. Hakumen's j.214b will beat out anything Arakune does in the air except possibly his super. Many of Arakune's common moves are counterable on reaction. Most Arakune players like to start his jumping downward-hitting 2348907238904 spikes move early and you can counter this with 5d or 6d. If he does his cross-up dive you can 5d it. If you get marked you should try to use 6d against bugs as often as you can because you are strike and throw invulnerable for the entire animation and if Arakune happens to be near you when you activate it you will grab him. Be patient and watch carefully for mistakes and while this matchup, in my opinion, is still in Arakune's favor it is definitely winnable.

Found something interesting I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but j.214B resets your jump options if you use it in a combo. For example in the corner 214B > 2C > jc > j.B > jc > j.C > j.214B > jc (3rd jump) > j.C > j.214C. However it seems like it has to be blocked or on hit for it to give you back your jump options, you can't double jump or airdash and then whiff j.214B to get another jump. Also it looks like it can only be done once. I've been using Mugen to try and do loops with the infinite meter and you can't j.214B > jc > j.C > j.214B(again) > repeat. Maybe I'm just messing up my execution. Can anyone else confirm?

(Jpn match vid -> The Biter -> me testing) = Hakumen's dash is special cancellable, but he's in the air so you have to use air specials. You can do 663214 B or C for an incredibly instant overhead and combo opportunity. It's pretty stupid how fast they are, actually...just do the motion as fast as you can = win.

Special cancellable, not normal cancellable...no dash->j.D. j.D for mixups sucks, it's wayyy too slow and you can't move at all while you're falling. You will get hit for trying. :^) And no, you don't have to wait at all, you can cancel the dash at any point - it's more like a dashing Gunflame than like Johnny's.