Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

[CT] Hakumen Thread

Mugen has tons of recovery. I've never seen it done. Maybe with an instant block on Ragna's D inferno divider...? Even then I doubt it.

i've only seen mugen used as a way to be more, um, i guess threatening is the word- to bang installed bangs. not very practical at all really. then again, are any of hakumen's supers?

I haven't gotten a chance to play BB yet, but I was thinking, if the Bang is doing what Dora did in that one match where he flew along the top of the screen, couldn't you just catch him with 632146C while you're near the corner? Likewise, if he throws the nail to go accross the top of the screen, can't you just go to the corner and 6D the nail? He can't block in bang install mode (outside of FDing at the end of dash recovery), if you catch him with wave super or a counter, he'll take amazing damage.

There's one Japanese match that shows Mugen is guaranteed off 6D. Bear in mind since it combos after 6D the damage will be scaled and it's not like it's burst safe either.

There's one Japanese match that shows Mugen is guaranteed off 6D. Bear in mind since it combos after 6D the damage will be scaled and it's not like it's burst safe either.

hmmm so...his counters do not counter bursts? not even Yukikaze?

What I mean is that the Mugen combo is a good burst point. Zantetsu(1)->Renka(1)->Guren->Kishu loop in Mugen state moves Hakumen front so much that it makes him vulnerable to bursts. So this kind of stuff is really situational. Note that Mugen is still meh imo, there's still better uses for 8 bars. I hear his 6D does counter bursts but it might be counted as a projectile. So Yukikaze might not really work as they might still be able to doublejump.

You can catch bursts with any of the counters. Bursts do count as a projectile when you super counter so you will get the slow start up.

wow, IB though pressure is a must for hakumen (well...for every char in this game really) check this vid

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7024262

taokaka does her berserker super (which gets blocked) and hakumen Ib the 4th hit and manages to do Yukikaze before the last5 5th hit comes out.

I´ve seen Hakumens do that to rachels baden baden lily too (using the 6D counter).

I haven't gotten a chance to play BB yet, but I was thinking, if the Bang is doing what Dora did in that one match where he flew along the top of the screen, couldn't you just catch him with 632146C while you're near the corner?

that super actually has really shitty range. it might look like a magnetic shockwave, but its really more like a reppuken.

as far as hitting bang with it when he lands, that's a big "what if". you'd have to be at the other end of the screen, charging the super to hit at just the right moment (keep in mind that it goes off once it's fully charged) and hitting bang exactly as he lands. and chances are even if you fulfilled all three of these, you would just get hit out of the super anyways.

the reason most hakumen players will end up using mugen against a runaway bang is because they have a much higher chance of catching him with either a j.C/j.B or a ground normal as opposed to risking it all on a super that leaves them vulnerable for a million frames. that, and on the off chance they do start a combo during mugen, that's it for bang.

So I was watching a matchvid against Jin and I noticed the Hakumen player was countering some of Jin's ice swords. Is there any real advantage to using Hakumen's drive to negate Jin's projectiles rather than instant blocking or jumping over them?

^ that ^ and you're also invincible during the entirety of the followups of both 5D and 6D.

Yeah it's either 0/Sanma who took out the Arakune in that video. Hakumen can beat Arakune (not easy) and his projectile nullifying abilities are useful in here. One of the strategies is that Hakumen gets a lifelead, and backs off if possible. Now because of projectile nullifying abilities, Hakumen can get away staying far away from Arakune spewing clouds. By cutting his cloud, Arakune has more limited approaches in getting it to hit or to set Hakumen up. His most threatening cloud against alot of the cast is the air cloud. Since Hakumen can nullify that specific Cloud that makes it more difficult for Arakune to actually approach safely and do stuff like stick his air centipede. Hakumen can choose to not cut it and approach via the ground looking for parry points or get into rangeBy playing for time it should be possible. It's a similar case to Smog but that makes him more prone to setups. The fear of his counter can affect how Arakune approaches. This is easier said than done though. If he has Halo it's a different story. Of course if the cloud hits, have fun. Counter is pretty much Hakumen's lifesaver regarding to the bug rushdown. Otherwise thats where Arakune is going to win.

Yeah it's either 0/Sanma who took out the Arakune in that video.

Hakumen can beat Arakune (not easy) and his projectile nullifying abilities are useful in here. One of the strategies is that Hakumen gets a lifelead, and backs off if possible. Now because of projectile nullifying abilities, Hakumen can get away staying far away from Arakune spewing clouds. By cutting his cloud, Arakune has more limited approaches in getting it to hit or to set Hakumen up. His most threatening cloud against alot of the cast is the air cloud. Since Hakumen can nullify that specific Cloud that makes it more difficult for Arakune to actually approach safely and do stuff like stick his air centipede. Hakumen can choose to not cut it and approach via the ground looking for parry points or get into rangeBy playing for time it should be possible. It's a similar case to Smog but that makes him more prone to setups. The fear of his counter can affect how Arakune approaches. This is easier said than done though. If he has Halo it's a different story.

Of course if the cloud hits, have fun. Counter is pretty much Hakumen's lifesaver regarding to the bug rushdown. Otherwise thats where Arakune is going to win.

From the amazing JackG

Autoguaring the D bug will leave you in CRAZY HITSTOP. Do not so this, Arakune gets a free 3D then you lose.

Posted Image

I see you staring at me Hakumen...

Does he even have a face or what? I'm curious to know how he fights with no eyes.

Posted Image

Does he even have a face or what? I'm curious to know how he fights with no eyes.

look at his whole body

see the red things

yeah those are eyes

geez its like you don't have any or something

Posted Image

this is not gameplay discussion. take it to the guilty room if it piques your interest so much.

If you guys want a "Miscellaneous Discussion" thread in the Hakumen forums by all means go ahead. It's been pretty dead in here for the most part (probably cause the game isn't out yet) so I figured it was harmless.