Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

[CT] Hakumen Thread

Work everything off hop. Kishuu is only good for frame trapping and needs to be used sparingly. Not to mention kishuu throw would not work against anyone with half a brain (or through a shit load of conditioning).

Basically, make them fear hotaru, then your whole game opens up.

This. If you have 3 stars or more, and they block a 2B, it's your time for mixup.

yeah i believe you can actually get counter-thrown during the active frames of Kishuu, so you'd be dashing into your own grave against a tager or anyone who knows what you're up to.

yep thats true. cause it works against most online players i tend to do that agains tager too...and got smashed terribly many times.

actually id like to ask if anyone has sufficient strategys against tagers, except just keeping awayXD

yep thats true. cause it works against most online players i tend to do that agains tager too...and got smashed terribly many times.

actually id like to ask if anyone has sufficient strategys against tagers, except just keeping awayXD

zone with 6c, 6d sledge, 5d, 2d, 6a on occassions. jump in very late C, jump back... when the opponent has full bar just sit there... they'll throw it out lol. if not rinse and repeat till they do...

thanks. i really got some baad expeciencce with that spark bolt>_> i just cant find enough tagers to practice on

Nah, get out of here with you're zoning with 6C. You zone with your A's and B's. C's are only for punishing big whiffs. A good Tager is going to space out your 6C and punish when you try to use it. C's aren't worthh using at the risk of getting punished + mag'ed, and then having the Tager forever fuck up your spacing with the magnetism.

I agree, 6C is never going to beat out other characters that can zone, like arakune and rachel, you are much better off finding the holes in their zoning and dashing in on it. 6C is mainly used as a massive punisher on safe whiffs. Especially if you are close enough to do a 6C(ch)>Renka lead in for a 9k combo.

thanks. i really got some baad expeciencce with that spark bolt>_> i just cant find enough tagers to practice on

just cut spark bolt like a real man

I think I'm at a point where I need advice on how to improve. I believe I've done well on my own since I've only started playing FG's with GGAC's release and even then only practiced on my own since there's no comp around here. SFIV has been good since there's online, but I care less about that game. I have a replay up if anyone wants to check, but I basically just rag on the guy, so it may not be the best piece to study, but it's a start (I'm in the top monthly ranked Haku's. Can't miss). So I was wondering if I could play a few matches with anyone whenever possible? I don't have a recording device, so it's my best bet until then. Anyone willing, or is there a better alternative?

I did that last time I played. Too bad C moves are too slow to do it on reaction. Sophiocrat, I'll play ya, I'm pretty bad though. Also, check the various ign threads around the forum.

Cool, I'll take on anyone! I'm probably only going to be on weekends now though, since Uni starts up again this week. But if that's fine with you, I'll play you anytime I can.

Cool, I'll take on anyone! I'm probably only going to be on weekends now though, since Uni starts up again this week. But if that's fine with you, I'll play you anytime I can.

k im watching your replay right now. Im gonna critique as i go.

nice airthrow

probably goes without saying but try to do your j.2c stuff correctly :o

after a falling c-2c do your absolute best to make super jumping a habit. if you always super jump, you'll rarely whiff the j.2c

if u see rachel jumping up and you expect j.2c just use 6a, 2c is too slow and risky, especially since rachel usually pulls out j.2c fast

don't roll left in the corner, it's useless and is only harming you

if she's using frog as okizeme pressure counter it with 6d or 2d which would have caught her preferally 2d since you were in a corner, which meant 5c-zantets-2c-j.2c-j.2c

good judgment after that 2c not to go for j.2c since it would've whiffed, but try to make it a bit earlier so it doesn't go grey

try to hitconfirm that 2c into a combo

REBEL 2

shoulda 3c-3c'd that electric chair

after that blocked 3c i would've gone for a 2d (though that's purely playstyle and not critique)

try to hit confirm that renka into guren-6c

try not to get hit by air throws D:

after that j.2c from rachel i again would've 2d'd into renka(1)-zantetsu-2c-j.2c-j.2c

don't be afraid to jump during corner pressure. that was poorly constructed pressure and you easily could've jumped-blocked-and airdashed to safety

after j.2c you can also try 3c to mix it up if they don't follow-up

odd combo choice doing double zantetsu as a finish, but whatever.

overall:Nice match! :eng101:

overall:Nice match! :eng101:

Nice! :lol:

Yeah, I need to do barrier more and get the 2c loop down. I usually get it right until the sj or the IAD has to come in.

Good advice! I play a very defensive Haku, and I guess that shows. I'll be sure to take your post into account.

everything is frame trap with him. For starter, try these: 6a/6b/5c/2c (various delay) > gurren/kishuu/kishuu enma/renka(1-2) jc > land hop/delayed hotaru/delayed tsubaki 2a/2b > hop > hop/dash hotaru/various pokes, can extend indefinitely (or however long you think it is necessary to screw with their mind. And most importantly, don't forget that you can also just do nothing. That's very important. Nothing requires you to have to do a special after anything, and it's part of the mind game. After these, then start working on feints and knockdowns, which will add another variation of frame trap/regular traps for each.

Random question: what's Hakumen's Dead Angle attack? I'm sure I'm familiar with it, I just don't recognize it.

Hey, guys. Here's a video of me playing against my brother. Do you guys have any tips or advice on how to play Hakumen for me?

http://vimeo.com/6785816

This video is a little old so I play a little different now, but any help is still appreciated.

I use the bottom from the DLC pack. I pretty much only use the bottom three colors from the DLC pack and the top two standard colors. I gotta use more colors. What follow up is guaranteed to hit Carl after 214B? I can't find anything and I can't get DP motions to come out on demand in this damned game. I think I might be putting in the motions too fast. Or too slow.

I use wine haku, the red and white one. Red stand for Bravery and Courage, thing need for an aggressive haku. White stands for faith and clarity, faith in your skills and clarity to perceive peoples attacks, IB, and counter accordingly... and i just like red XD 236A but since he has a small hit box you have to time it extremely precise, also you have to be close to Carl, so the 2A hop set up work well. but it's bet to not do anything and go for the IAD for a meaty JC, it's haku's most active attack and can be air to ground comboed with 3C 2B or 2A. close enough to the ground and you can combo 5C for the 623AA combo.

Hey gang Realized I haven't really touched any of the character matchup guides since forever ago (or really this forum much at all recently.) So I wanted to ask you guys what character you'd like an in depth guide for next? I'm aware a new game is on it's way, and most of you guys have discussed to hell and back most of these characters, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyways. If nothing else, expect big changes when CS comes out!