Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

[CT] Hakumen Thread

i use either standard colors or i think its the 3rd colors, the one that is really blue and white with like ultramarine hair.

Whats the red-throat one with white and black armor and blue sword from?

the new DLC pack. i think it looks weird because i feel like the throat is flesh lol.

if you're asking from what game/franchise i have no clue.

Guys quick question. What beats Hakumens 6A? I play tons of Hakumen dittos and will usually win...unless my opponent uses 6A. What move does Hakumen has that beats his 6A? Oh I should mention I'm approaching from an air dash.

Guys quick question. What beats Hakumens 6A? I play tons of Hakumen dittos and will usually win...unless my opponent uses 6A. What move does Hakumen has that beats his 6A?

Oh I should mention I'm approaching from an air dash.

It has above the knee invincibilty ala Slayer 6P. i dont think any move in the air can beat it if he times it right. You would need to hit his feet to hurt him.:cool:

I thought it doesn't have upper body invincibility, just a specific anti-head counter property? In otherwords, a properly timed 6A will beat any Jump-in Attack clean?

It has above the knee invincibilty ala Slayer 6P. i dont think any move in the air can beat it if he times it right. You would need to hit his feet to hurt him.:cool:

Woah you serious? Guess I'll approach from the ground. Thanks.

Woah you serious? Guess I'll approach from the ground. Thanks.

or approach with a single jump in to bait the 6A double jump and j.B.

or hell j.D the thing.

No, Haku's 6a recovers too fast. He will just do it again.

I was messing around with it in training mode, it really depend on your height before the double jump, but is possible to do. I guess j.D is the better idea though.

j.214C, beats anti-head. But yeah, as Hakumen you generally don't jump-in on other Hakumens.

Hey guys, got any gimmicks or mind games worth trying for Haku?

my personal favorite in a block string would be...

say opponent blocks j.c

i do

5c-guren-kishu-throw

after they wisen up.

guren-kishu-3c

or

guren-kishu-jump-falling C

"decent" mix-up for haku for only two stars. though be careful on DP people

Work everything off hop. Kishuu is only good for frame trapping and needs to be used sparingly. Not to mention kishuu throw would not work against anyone with half a brain (or through a shit load of conditioning). Basically, make them fear hotaru, then your whole game opens up.

I use 3c a lot, so if they start blocking low, [Hop/TK] Tsubaki combo comes out. Haku doesn't have many mind games, though. It's mostly about reading the other guy's stuff.

yeah i believe you can actually get counter-thrown during the active frames of Kishuu, so you'd be dashing into your own grave against a tager or anyone who knows what you're up to. I've been playing around with the applications for RC's especially using them to create better mixup or safer ways for hakumen to get the opponent exactly where he wants them. I'm sure we all understand why RC's are sort of silly for hakumen, but i can't help thinking they must have an important use for him somewhere, something that gives him an edge when the enemy least expects it. all the same, my tests have been inconclusive. Someone who is more pro than I should be doing this.