Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tecta1Eastside

[P4AU] Rise vs Yukari

Please use this thread to discuss and contribute to this matchup. Information will be added to the main post as information comes. Keep in mind that strats will be changed as the game evolves.

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

His Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

His Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets
-

Match Summary
-

I seem to be playing this matchup a lot lately so this is what I've got on it so far:

- Yukari doesn't really use that much meter in combos so she will most likely always have meter to CA out of unblockable setups. On top of that you don't really want to be overusing meter yourself since you'll probably want to keep some in case she gets you in Magarudyine (or whatever her tornado super is called) so you can CA out of her 50/50 mixup. In other words I'd probably not rely so much on the unblockable setups in this matchup so regular Rise > Shadow Rise here.

- Yukari's arrows and wind orbs make it really annoying to get in and you don't have any "free" approach moves like Yu does. On the other hand Rise does run pretty fast so she can't just throw stuff out randomly because a bad whiffed arrow lets you right into her face. You do have time to set up Makarakarn if you watch her zoning patterns and do it while she's throwing out a bomb or Manhattan Transfer. Once that's up she has to be much more careful with her zoning since you blocking an arrow will reflect the projectile and put her in block, giving you a free approach. Otherwise it's just standard dash-and-block tactics, you're not exactly Tager here.

- Yukari's defensive options aren't too good up close so you can really go ham on pressure once you are in. Her A moves are relatively short and don't have that much range, and her 2B doesn't have AA invul, so she's pretty free to jump cancels since she has to make hard reads to beat j.B.

- Yukari does have options to beat out Rise's defensive stuff during her own pressure but it's not as bad as someone like Yu. Her j.C will beat 2B if spaced right in pressure and bomb toss 5A can be a pretty obnoxious mixup if she enforces it with something like tornado super, but overall if you block well and don't get psyched out by her Silence and Confuse combo enders it's not that bad. As stated above I recommend keeping some meter on hand to CA out of tornado lockdown.