Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tecta1Eastside

[P4AU] Rise vs Shadow Labrys

Please use this thread to discuss and contribute to this matchup. Information will be added to the main post as information comes. Keep in mind that strats will be changed as the game evolves.

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

His Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

His Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets
-

Match Summary
-

Some stuff I noticed during a play with a good Shadow Labrys:

- Midscreen you can't really reliably 2C into a detonated note for a safe blockstring because Asterius will take the 2C for Shabrys. In other words it goes into Shabrys' hitbox so Shabrys is pretty much safe to punish you for it. It seems okay in the corner.

- 22A is harder to connect in the corner?

- It's hard to use 5D since Asterius has decent tools to get to you, but it's not impossible.

- Rise's AA isn't really that good imo? Kind of hard to get a Shabrys who's mixing her j.B and Asterius together. Any tips in batting her out of the air? I noticed that Arrow Rain semi-reliably catches her but that's usual during a super jump which applies to most characters.

- I believe (not 100% sure) that Asterius will eat up Risette Fields meter? If true then I don't think it's a good idea to pop it out into neutral since it would only last for a short time.

- Dunno if it's just me but 2C seems really good here. I found it to break Asteris very frequently when he was in the middle of doing something and it would occasionally swat Shabrys too.

- Her DP is better in here since a hit from Asterius means you can cancel into Risette to make it safe and end enemy pressure. (One time I got cancelled into Field after Asterius knuckle trained me and I defeated this Shabrys who was above trying to j.B.) But abusing it is still a bad idea.

I think this matchup is in Shabrys' favor. Maybe not by too much but Asterius takes up a lot of her properties and I just felt like Shabrys' tools were much better.

You should risette field on reaction to any titanomachia...risette field shuts it down completely.

If Rise does 22AB in neutral to try to get in, Shabrys can answer with 214CD (ex buffalo hammer) which sorta keeps things at a stalemate.