Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alt

Final Fantasy Dissidia

Emperor/Kuja for the win. The Emperor is easily one of the grimiest videogame characters ever. Switch genders at will King of Hell Eats children Kuja's also my favourite villain from the more recent FF games, when does it come stateside? Oh I might play Gabranth/Firion as well, good stuff.

To clarify, since I've been playing(a little) MP: You gain XP from fights in story mode fights, VS CPU, and VS Ad-Hoc. You get the XP on whatever character you used at the time. Even if you lose, you'll still get some XP. If you win, you get more XP, as well as Gil, and 'BP'. Gil is used to buy equipment items, and BP is used to buy all the neat little extras in the game, such as extra characters, new attacks and such, as well as more aesthetic things like display pictures and what-not. Higher level means all your stats get raised, akin to a typical RPG, as well you start out with more brave points. In VS Ad-Hoc, the higher leveled opponent can handicap themselves if they wish, but this is optional. In VS CPU, you can make the CPU up to your level, as well as assign different difficulties. You don't lose your equipment if you handicap yourself though, so you'll still have a slight advantage over your opponent if you have up-to-date equipment on. Which I don't bother with unless I'm in story mode.

Let me ask...regarding leveling up in VS Ad-hoc...how effective would it be if you took on a high-leveled friend?

I played in ad-hoc alot with my friends. Even if you are both same lvl you will lvl up faster. I don`t know why, but it`s definitly faster than single player, alot.

Ugh, been trying to master Exdeath. I find Garland, Sephiroth, Kefka, and Mateus to be my best matchups. The rest are just hard to beat when fighting someone else. Seriously, Royal Guaring with Dante is easier than using Exdeath's All-Guard against human players.

Actually, I'm trying to say this:

rpg fighter =/= "intelligent mashfest" =/= "fucking stupid"

In this case =/= means "Does NOT equal".

I believe you can adjust your level...or level up for that matter against other players.

As for refuting my argument with equips...I did no such thing, I said it's the player's CHOICE. Just like how you can choose golds and blacks and EX mode in GG...you can use them or not, that doesn't make it any less deep.

What you may define as a "serious match" is therefore left up to you...get a grip, chill out and stop talking crap till you play it.

If you're going to say that something is only DEEP if elaborate strategy and combo skill is involved where you have to input 360s all over the place like I-no...or the system is so deep nobody can understand it on the surface...then obviously this game will never be for one as stingy and pickyune as you.

But for us 'less uptight' gamers...leave us out of your issues with 2D fighting complexity.

That goes for anyone obsessed with deep high level gameplay in any 2D or 3D fighter...CHILL OUT...less annuerisms that way. I'd say this for GG2 Overture as well, which actually IS based on 2-attack-button gameplay.

Ok...

Played the game.

Mashfest. Done. Not even an intelligent one. I take back my previous statement of intelligence.

:D

As for a "serious" FF fighter I just need it to have the complexity of Something like Tekken or street fighter, both considered very easy to pick up and play, but practice is needed to become competitive. Hmmm.

It's a fine action game, but as a balanced and deep fighter...it just falls short. It's not unworthy of my time, but I would take absolutely no pride whatsoever in winning against anyone in this game. The combat itself is extremely simple, with some neat character customization. It is lots of mindless and flashy fun, and customizing your movelist is a neat idea. Of course, customizing your movelist has never been associated with balanced fighting games... Basically get this if you want a decent single player action game. If you want a fighting game on PSP, you have actually several great options. GGXXAC+, Tekken: DR, SFA3, Darkstalkers, Samurai Shodown Anthology, KOF Orochi Collection, or even just any old game that was released on PS1. It IS better than Ehrgeiz though.

I held Ehrgeiz beach mode tournaments in my time.

GET HYPE MOTHER FUCKERS:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

Still gotta get this game just for the hell of it though.

Game isn't particularly deep, but it's still fun. And calling it a fighter is a stretch. It'd be like calling those Gundam arcade games fighters. And if you wanna play a real fanwank mashfest go play CV:J. That game is terrible. :psyduck:

Game isn't particularly deep, but it's still fun. And calling it a fighter is a stretch. It'd be like calling those Gundam arcade games fighters.

And if you wanna play a real fanwank mashfest go play CV:J. That game is terrible. :psyduck:

CV:J? :psyduck:

Castlevania: Judgment

Heresy! That is not a terrible game! (Just a bit repetitive.)

Okay fine, I may have been a little hasty in my judgement (HAH PUN :vbang:), but I still find the gameplay to be a little too shallow and repetitive for my taste. They just tried to make the game too accessible to everyone by adhering to traditional fighting game conventions but stripping out a ton of the technical aspects. And what the hell is with Maria's character design. :gonk: Ah well, at least the music is good.

Also if i'm not mistaken, blocking > everything?

Honestly, I'm sick and tired of this whole fighting game community's opinion that everything has to be deep as the 9th Layer of Dante's Inferno for a game to be considered "good". I don't really care if it's Smash-like...or if it's like Punch Out where you got 2 buttons for a left and right fist... If the game is fun, PLAY IT, that simple...not everything NEEDS COMPETITION to be fun. To be completely honest, I "collect" fighting games. Sounds like a bizarre idea to most of you I bet. But I have never once played them with the intent on assaulting the gamepad or joystick by mashing, even if a game is "mash worthy" as people seem so passionate of categorizing them. And what gets me most irritated is when people actually throw games out the window if they don't so much as make a single neuron of your braincells fire. If you want to "think"...play an RPG for god's sakes...this is a fighting game...it's intended as stress relief. I'm tired of ranting about this and all the other nonsensical "hardcore" bullcrap tourney-freaks spout. You can keep your quarter-chunking authenticity obsessions, I'm done with you.

Honestly, I'm sick and tired of this whole fighting game community's opinion that everything has to be deep as the 9th Layer of Dante's Inferno for a game to be considered "good". I don't really care if it's Smash-like...or if it's like Punch Out where you got 2 buttons for a left and right fist...

If the game is fun, PLAY IT, that simple...not everything NEEDS COMPETITION to be fun. To be completely honest, I "collect" fighting games. Sounds like a bizarre idea to most of you I bet. But I have never once played them with the intent on assaulting the gamepad or joystick by mashing, even if a game is "mash worthy" as people seem so passionate of categorizing them.

And what gets me most irritated is when people actually throw games out the window if they don't so much as make a single neuron of your braincells fire. If you want to "think"...play an RPG for god's sakes...this is a fighting game...it's intended as stress relief.

I'm tired of ranting about this and all the other nonsensical "hardcore" bullcrap tourney-freaks spout. You can keep your quarter-chunking authenticity obsessions, I'm done with you.

Don't feel bad, i collect them too. Was thinking about getting Bloody roar 2 and playing it. Shit used to be my favorite fighter back in the day alongside MK:T.

Don't feel bad, i collect them too. Was thinking about getting Bloody roar 2 and playing it. Shit used to be my favorite fighter back in the day alongside MK:T.

same here, i like to collect fg's to play it, if they are fun to me i play them, one of my fav games is dbz bt3

:gonk: well i still enjoy them, since they are the most similar to the anime :yaaay: wich is a + in my book

I had a entertaining converstation with someone about FFD online. It went like this. Me: Anyway, you know what really grinds my gears everyone? That Fighters Generation webmaster's boner for Final Fantasy. He is going to put on Dissidia even if it sucks utter balls which all non RPG games made by the FF team do (and I would argue FF8 and 10 too). Response: Shut your filthy whore mouth. Sucking balls was what FF IX was for. But yeah I call dibs on Butz. Once I knew Gilgamesh didn't make the cut I have decided to main him (I'm not buying it but I am friends with a huge FF buff). I know everyone is going to get on their high horse and say it is Bartz but I say to all you haterz on teh Butz that it was Butz in the FF5 I played so it will always be Butz to me. Same with that Aeris/Aerith stuff. What kind of a stupid name is Aerith anyway? Oh well the fanboys will still use the name no matter how stupid it is. Anyway I wonder how Butz plays considering he was from a job based FF? I want mah retardedly broken coin and jump. What can I say I gotta use the guy from the game with the most solid system (except the one that was a rip off of Tactics Ogre....that one was godly). On a unrelated note do Cloud and Sephiroth retain any Mishima moves from their days as Godhand clones?

Mishima? Hmm...from what I saw there's no grappelling or wrestling moves for either of them. Sephiroth plays like Washizuka from Last Blade 2, and Cloud is...well...Cloud....he smashes stuff. Butz is awesome from what I see...he uses everything from attacks to spells and everything in between. I read a few movelists a while back and they are indeed great.