Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strife

[P4AU] Junpei Iori Vs. Yosuke Hanamura

JihJExK.png: Discuss how we should beat our fellow bro!

58mRKsn.jpg: Can you guys catch me though?

Sf7gOlP.png: ... We'll work around that.

• Use this thread to discuss the Yosuke Hanamura matchup.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly as Junpei rather than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated as info arises.

Round Start

Neutral

Offense

Defense

Ok guys anyone good in this matchup? He's simply killing me because I cannot land any solid hits. After his auto combo I think? I try to punish but they usually mash dp. And then mash standing A right after I bait it. Plz help :-/ lol

I wish I could tell you some legit advice, but I'm stumped too. This has to be Junpei's worst matchup. All I could do was fish for hits with 2D and Deathbound. He can still punish us either way. It sucks.

I would love some advice on the matchup. It feels borderline unplayable.

Well, it is borderline unplayable. He's too fast and will whiff punish most of your moves, don't try to hit too many buttons.

Your only chance of winning is to get in really fast. He completely controls the neutral game, you can't do much about that.

Once you get a hit, you need to maintain momentum and win. Applying cross ups in pressure will make it hard for him to DP properly.

If you get back to neutral, you're losing again. 

Played some more of the matchup and I can confirm everything Strife said. One thing I did find is that dash 5A pressure is super good as it pushes him to the corner, beats chicken block, and coaxes out his DP.

Not much, but hey, it's a start.

In the words of Xie, MAKE HIM PAY, if you ever get a hit on him you gotta keep on him as to make sure he doesn't escape you easily. Having played a loooot of games with a really good yosuke, J.A is your best bet in an air to air battle, as J.B is too slow to challenge his normals. If yosuke throws out 5D/J.D at neutral, you need to 2B it on reaction and jump cancel it so you can be safe. If yosuke ever gets cheeky and tries to use D suku against you, stop him immediately with a deathbound or fireball super. Blowing your burst early to get bases is worth it, as you need to get victory cry immediately. Resetting pressure isn't a bad idea in this matchup if they're respecting you, so try to make the balls you get count. If they're jumping at you obviously your 2B can definitely anti air him, but be careful because he can really easily anti anti air us with J.2C. Use DP very sparingly, as its very unreliable vertical hitbox is a liability against yosukes gliding. J.C is actually pretty great as a neutral tool in this matchup too, so get creative in how you approach yosuke.