Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antiquarian

[P4AU] Adachi VS Yosuke

I feel that this MU is going to be particularly crazy. It seems Adachi is the most powerful when his opponent lacks mobility and/or when their movement can become predictable, but Yosuke is none of that. Adachi's 2C, 5D and 2D are rendered very ineffective here because of how fast Yosuke is and because of his j.2A/B which shuts that down quick. 2D/j.2D can be pretty good for punishing a Yosuke for activating a Sukukaja away from Adachi, or just generally make them afraid of activating it like that.

The only semi-reliable reversal in this MU is the Guard Cancel Attack. The command grab super can be good, as always, if the opponent is right up in Adachi's face, but Yosuke's tend to be in the air for their mix-ups so it can be a dangerous option to go for. The DP is very unreliable here and practically requires a hard read for Yosuke's approach to land.

Most of the match will be spent blocking Yosuke's stuff, and trying to roll out or air dash out of the pressure when you see an opening. Baiting Yosuke's DPs is pretty important to get some good damage done without having to go back on the defense all the time. I feel that attaining the Magatsu Mandala buff in this MU is more important than most others I've come across thus far.