Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antiquarian

[P4AU] Adachi VS Yukari

I thought It'd be a good idea to share some light on this match-up as it might frustrate a lot of people due to Adachi's lack of (Strong) long range vs her and the must that is being on her face all of the time

First let's analyze our tools to see what we can/cannot use:

Evil Smile = Just no. You're going to eat arrows for this.

Gunshot + Grab = Use this as a pressure tool once you get in. Mix them up and try to do Heat Riser when you have the chance

Mandala/Ghastly Wail = Situational. Her strong keep away is going to prevent you from using Mandala because you either use it on her face or you managed to space it with 2C (Which is honestly really weird). GW is only gonna be used if you manage to do a combo.

Now let's talk more in general on the match-up

Round start:

Most Yukari players jump on round start. 2C is a good tool for it since it will allow you to continue your pressure. If you're not feeling confident enough to take the risk either just block or jump to backdash. 

Neutral game:

Blocking is your main priority. If you block for too much she'll have to rush you (remember her 5A is a low)  which is exactly what you want, since you'll be closer to her.

If you are extremely desperate to get in, your 5D can help you, but only if done after a successful DP>5C. She can break this on reaction, so don't do it.

Cross Slash is a good anti Zoning tool but you must be jumping very high for it to actually be useful if she's firing arrows (otherwise you'll get hit + persona card + not doing damage to her) If you jump high enough and use 2D after she fired her arrow move you'll hit her for 2.4K which is neat. However this still risks a persona card.

J.C is a double-edged sword here. Used right it'll allow you to cover space and get in but you're risking getting hit by Isis for good damage + persona card. It's rather easy for Yukari's projectiles to break J.C if you keep spamming it, so I'd recommend doing it only while really close.

Don't attempt to break Isis. That's just asking for trouble. Focus on getting in with as many persona cards as you can because you're gonna get a lot of cards taken from you.

Close up game

Go ham. Bait her DP. Mix your sweep-gunshot blockstring with the Stance-Grab mixup. Just keep her blocking until she messes up. If you get back to neutral/long you're losing again because of your lack of fullscreen stuff. Make the time you spend on the offense count

Dealing with Yukari:

Her DP

Learn to bait it. You'll get good damage of it. However, you'll end up getting hit by it sometime. Watch the Yukari carefully. I've noticed a lot of Yukari players going for Grab after Air tech for knockdown so be prepared to tech it (you can even get your own throw on her if you know this beforehand). Be also aware that she can just mash J.A if you decide to go for Air throw. Teching properly will avoid both.

Her arrows/air bomb

Block. As long as you're not in the air the bomb's got nothing on you.

Be aware that her arrows can inflict silence or panic so play calm to avoid getting destroyed.

Magarula Mixup

Don't be on the air when Yukari is awakened. You'll eat Magarula thanks to Air Unblockable bomb. Be on the ground and block low. She has 4 options here:

-Run up low.

-Run up AOA.

-Jump-in overhead (watch for lows on her landing).

-"AOA feint". This one is kinda tricky. Yukari can approach you on the ground, air toss a bomb, then go for a 5A. The toss bomb animation is the same as the AOA one on the beginning, so it might get you sometimes. Just know that AOA has longer startup / flashes on white. Still an option, so watch for it.

There are other options to escape this if you have 50 meter (not counting mashing smashers). You can both Roll Cancel and Guard Cancel Magarula.

The roll cancel CAN'T be done if she does the SB version of Magarula, because you'll roll into the other tornado if you're on the one that's not close to Yukari. Yukari also has the option to bait this by setting an orb in front of you so you'll get hit on the end of the roll cancel

Guard cancel can also be baited, because if Yukari blocks it, you'll end up getting hit by the tornado once the guard frames are over.

Get a feeling of what the Yukari player does and adapt to it. I recommend not taking the same option twice in a row getting out of Magarula.

I'll update later with good combos/punishes. Updated on 03/17/2015

I'd say it's an even MU if not 6-4 for us, but I have not played that many Yukaris, so I might be too optimistic about this. The really annoying thing about her is that she's the one leading the match most of the time and you're the one that has to find a way in.

You goal is to keep Magatsu Izanagi and block a lot.