Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RX-0 Banshee

[FB] MBF-02+EW454F Strike Rouge Ootori "I'm a princess! Bow down!"

Strike_Rouge_Ootori.JPG

Strike Rouge Ootori

Pilot: Cagalli Yula Athha

Series: Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny

HP: 580

Movelist

[A] Beam Rifle

7 shots before reload

[CSa] Beam Launcher

Standard gerobi that can be moved around.

Anti-Ship Sword

2 Anti-Ship Sword throw

Strike Rouge throws its Anti-Ship Sword and causes a long stun on hit.

[AB] Beam Launcher

2 shots before reload.  Quicker than [CSa] but shorter duration and cannot be moved around.

2[AB] Rail Gun

2 shots before reload.

[AC] Multi-missile

6 shots before reload.  Poor tracking.

[bC] Murasame support unit

There are 3 units that hover around Strike Rouge and can each take one hit before being destroyed.  Pressing [A] will offer support fire (the Murasame will shoot at Strike Rouge's target) but it is very slow and not syncronized.

8[bC] will have the Murasame directly above Strike Rouge in fighter jet mode attack a target in red-lock, however, this will cause Strike Rouge to lose that one support unit leaving only two Murame's to defend it.

[ABC] Extreme Burst Attack -- Ootori Pack Combo

An auto-combo attack that ends with Strike Rouge launching the Ootori Pack at the opponent high in the air.

Combos:

5BBB

4/6BB

4/6BB-ABC

Will update soon with more stuff.

Dustloop Wiki Page Link

Important notes:

1) Beam Launcher and Railgun share Sub ammo

2) [bC] is actually split into neutral-[bC] (defensive orders) and directional-[bC] (attack orders)

3) ~A and ~[bC] followup derivatives are both forced Downs if used to completion

It is extremely difficult to followup any of her full melee attacks. In fact, 6BB and 5BB~8B are the only ones unless you have a wall, because of either the distance of the knockaway or the forced Down of her other attacks. 6BB being a 2-hit high launch is really nice, but the 2.7 Down on it paired with the high Down of her other attacks is crippling of its potential...You can use 5B~[bC] for a smaller launch and 2.6 Down.

I've said this in a couple of places now: the muzzle correction of her CSa is kinda really awkward. The startup motion is this sorta slow raising of the gun, and then dropping it back down before firing, and the muzzle correction locks in at a point in the dropping that causes it to often shoot right over the head of your target depending on how they're moving. Beam Launcher Sub can similarly lock into some really strange firing angles and be hard to hit with.

[AC]: 1 ammo = 2 missiles and you need to hit with 3 shots (6 missiles total) to force a down with them. You can rapid fire all 6 at a time, but there's no muzzle correction when you do this - they fire in a straight line at whatever point your muzzle locked in on on the first shot. Ace has said in chat that the best way to use the missiles seems to be similar to using RZ's Psycho Jammer - you want to be mid-range and slightly above your opponent firing down at them.

I need to confirm, but her 2B stun seems to have about the same travel speed as X2's CSa, but poorer guidance and is easier to see coming at you. Also, the JP wiki said that if used with combos it doesn't prorate??? But I don't think that's right...

So...there are some things rough about it that I think need some practice to be able to use effectively, but I still think it fits as a solid "second tier" 2k support unit. Definitely easier to play than Strike.

8BC gives the Rouge access to the standard turnaround freefall with A~BC as well, which of course only works with the Murasames deployed. Oh wiki

Though its implicitly been stated, 2B can be followed up with A or BC too if you're ever in that range to get the knockdown. 2B~CSa is also surprisingly satisfying, albeit a bit impractical thanks to CSa's charge time.

Also I definitely need to double check, but the shield Murasame support seems a lot bulkier than the Gun-EZ support. I feel like them eating up things like most of Wing TV's CSa, GP-01's CSa, Luna's Main, etc is something that never happened with Gun-EZ. This may be a 2k perk or because the Murasame are definitely physically bigger than the Gun-EZ support, which may also contribute to this feeling that they protect more. I'll have to give their HP a check somehow once I can get my second controller.

8BC gives the Rouge access to the standard turnaround freefall with A~BC as well, which of course only works with the Murasames deployed. Oh wiki

The JP wiki says that attack orders Murasame does have A~BC turn-around freefall cancel same as Sazabi or DX. Is this incorrect?

Further spring-boarding off of what allen said, yes 2B has the ~A and ~[bC] followups as well. Their reach is actually quite long out of this attack, and furthermore, you can start the attacks before the 2B even hits the opponent. I can't recall at the moment if the tracking adjusts such that if 2B misses the followup can still connect.

1 more important note that should be included i think is that the Murasame in attack support mode will get destroyed if hit by ur opponent, unlike DX's and Sazabi's support.  So you should be extra careful when using them as attack as it would be a waste if they cant even get 1 shot off before getting destroyed lol.

The JP wiki says that attack orders Murasame does have A~BC turn-around freefall cancel same as Sazabi or DX. Is this incorrect?

No no, it's right. I just posted it before checking the wiki out is all.

So quick question about about Rail vs Beam Launcher, so based on what I was seeing on the wiki page, it looks like there's almost no reason to use the Rail just from looking at how it does less damage and has less priority, would there be a reason to use the Rail over the Beam Launcher? 

So quick question about about Rail vs Beam Launcher, so based on what I was seeing on the wiki page, it looks like there's almost no reason to use the Rail just from looking at how it does less damage and has less priority, would there be a reason to use the Rail over the Beam Launcher? 

Yeah I never finished that sentence because the JP wiki didn't actually say and I wanted to do more testing ><

The maybe #1 reason to use railgun over beam launcher is against Crossbone Gundams' ABC mantles that beam launcher won't penetrate. It also has faster startup, bullet speed, and is harder to see coming at you than BL beam because the of the smaller size of the bullet. But from a damage perspective and use as a combo tool, BL is better. They both seem to have about the same muzzle correction and tracking (which, aren't too hot), but anyone feel free to correct me on that.

As a melee intercept tool, I'm not totally sure if railgun or 2B has the faster startup Tested: railgun definitely has the faster startup. It also has faster bullet speed, but also has a shorter effective range (2B is effective up to 10 Practice stage blocks away, RG is effective only up to 8. BL is effective from across the entire stage).

Something else worth noting: I'm not sure what it is, but for some reason in EX Burst you can do 6BB>2B and the sword throw will whiff, allowing you to get the ~[bC] followup attack without incurring the proration and down of a first stage attack. In normal mode though no matter what I do the sword throw always hits....actually, I take that back, if I forward-step the sword throw will miss, but the followup kick will go right through the falling target instead of connecting for some reason...

But the sword throw whifffollowup during EX is considered a signature-move sort of technique for setting up some death combos it seems.