Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strife

[P4AU] Junpei Iori Vs. Mitsuru Kirijo

JihJExK.png: Uh oh, Kirijo-senpai! Better go all out!

j3wNWGh.jpg

Sf7gOlP.png: ...

• Use this thread to discuss the Mitsuru Kirijo matchup.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly as Junpei rather than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated as info arises.

Round Start

Neutral

Offense

Defense

I've been playing this matchup a decent amount and it doesn't feel great. Her DP flat out negates some of our pressure options, which is a pain. It feels like success solely depends on getting a big punish to get to VC, because you aren't going to be opening her up very often. You HAVE to play around her 5A, as it wins against all of our ground pokes. Her j.A is also a big issue due to its range. If there are any tips people have for dealing with this bitch, please share! It definitely feels winnable, but you have to play very respectfully and capitalize on every mistake they make. It's 6:4 at worst.

Oh, you can bat the tip of her 5D/j.D to reflect a fireball. Shit is so hype.

I think sweep low profiles under her 5a or I'm just really lucky, usually I just jump around the screen and fish for a j.b while staying out of her antiair range, once in I usually try to train her to not use her dp, (2a, 5a stagger pressure and try to bait out her dp) once I feel like their scared to use it I get more aggressive with pressure (short hop into j.b, empty jump 2a, throw etc) I feel like this matchup really just depends on making her scared to commit to anything since her tools just seems to beat ours. Matchup doesn't seem that bad though once you get momentum.

Sweep can low profile her 5A, but you have to kind of do it at a distance because the chest invul doesn't kick in until 7f. Her 5A usually seems to beat it at round start.