LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Teddie Combo Thread

These both worked in P4A and they also work in this one too:

FC 2C into corner carry: 2C FC> 5B> 236D > 236236D> 236D, 5B > sjc > j.C > j.B >j.A > 5B > 5C > 2B > j.A > j.236A > j.236236D > j.214B; 6502 dmg; -100SP, +23SP

FC SB TV: 236C+D, 236C > j.A > dj.A > dj.B > dj.A > dj.C > land > dash, j.A > dj.A > dj.236A > dj.236236C 3800dmg -75SP, +12SP

What are you guys doing for midscreen 2C fatal combos? Meterless this is what I came up with, probably unoptimal but it has decent corner carry and ends with the usual item oki.

2C> 2B> j.A> j.B> j.A> 2B> sj.A> sj.C> air dash> sj.B> sj.DD

It's mentioned above; the ideal 2C Fatal is 2C > j.A > j.B > j.A > j.C > t.k. 236B > 5AAA > j.A > j.A > j,B/j.236A.

It's a bit hard on the execution, but very solid on damage. If you want corner carry (since t.k.236B sideswaps), 2C > j.A > j.B > j.A > j.C > 5C > d.c. > 2B > j.A > j.A > j.B/j.236A works as well.

For those playing Shadow Teddie, this should be your standard BnB midscreen: 5AA > 2B > j.A > j.B > j.A > 2B > j.A > j.A > j.B. Respectable damage for Teddie (does more than standard Teddie's BnBs for the most part) and builds plenty of meter. Corner BnB will likely be 5AAA > j.C > 5B > 5C > 2B > j.A > j.A > j.B. The 5AA > 5B > s.j.C route is still available, but for Shadow Teddie, in my opinion the much better SP gain from the first combo (builds over 40 meter) is worth the slight loss of damage.

I'll probably get to finishing updating the wiki at some point. It's just been busy lately and I've been playing with other characters as well.

In the meantime, have the Shadow Teddie combos in the video above, transcribed:

Corner

5AAA > j.C > 5B > 5C > 2C > Shadow Fury > 236236[D] > 2AB > j.236B > j.236A > j.236236[D] > 214A > j.236A > ]D[ > 236236[C] > 214214AB
5729 damage + 2 counts of Poison

j.C > dash > 5B > 5C > 2C > Shadow Fury > 236236[D] > 2AB > J.236B > j.236A > j.236236[D] > 214A > j.236A > ]D[ > j.236A > j.236236[D] > 214A > j.236A > ]D[ > 214214AB
8207 damage + 4 counts of Poison

2C FC > 236C > 5B > j.236B > 2A > 214A > Shadow Fury > j.C > 5C > s.j.236A > 236236[D] > 2AB > 214A > ]D[ > j.236A > j.236236[D] >  214A > j.236A > ]D[ > 236236[C] > 214214AB
8174 damage + 6 counts of Poison

2C FC > 5D (Parachute Bomb) > 5B > t.k.236A > 2A > 214A > Shadow Fury > j.C > land > 214A > j.236A > Parachute Bomb hits > j.236236[D] > 2AB > 214A > ]D[ > 5C > s.j.236A > j.236236[D] > 214A > j.236A > ]D[ > 236236[C] > 214214AB
8481 damage + 8 counts of Poison

2C FC > 5B > j.C > j.B > 236C > 5B > 236C > j.A > j.236A > 2A > 5B > 5C > d.c. > 5B > 236D > Shadow Fury > 236236[D] > 236D > 5B > 236CD > 236236[D] > 236D > 2AB > s.j.236A > j.236236[D] > 214A > ]D[ > 214214AB
7780 damage + 2 counts of Poison
Carries opponent from corner to corner

Back against corner

j.B FC > air dash > j.A > 236C > 5B > 236D > 2B > 5B > t.k.236A > 2A > 214A > Shadow Fury > j.C > 5C > s.j.236A > j.236236[D] > 2AB > 214A > ]D[ > j.236A > j.236236[D] > 214A > ]D[ > 236236AB (Dry Ice, Vanish Ball, Lightning Drum, Amagiya Buckets) > 214214AB
6930 damage + 6 counts of Poison + Panic

Sideswaps opponent into the corner

It's mentioned above; the ideal 2C Fatal is 2C > j.A > j.B > j.A > j.C > t.k. 236B > 5AAA > j.A > j.A > j,B/j.236A.

I've been able to pull this off a few times, but other times the opponent keeps teching after the j.C.  Any thoughts on where my timing is off?

FC 2C into corner carry: 2C FC> 5B> 236D > 236236D> 236D, 5B > sjc > j.C > j.B >j.A > 5B > 5C > 2B > j.A > j.236A > j.236236D > j.214B; 6502 dmg; -100SP, +23SP

After the 236D>5B you can add mj.A>j.236B>5A>5AA to add about 500 more damage.

Also I forgot to mention, with the 2C FC you should only really follow up with j.A if you backdash canceled 2C, without the backdash cancel, omit the j.A and do 2C, falling j.B, ect.

I've been able to pull this off a few times, but other times the opponent keeps teching after the j.C.  Any thoughts on where my timing is off?

Best guess is you're either doing j.C too low (such as if you hit them with the tip of its hitbox) or too high (ideally both of you should be just above the ground during j.C). You should be buffering the 2369B during the j.C. to optimize the chances of hitting afterwards.

The opponent's position prior to 2C might be a factor - I haven't tested to see if the timing is different for an air FC instead of a ground one.

The combo should also work with a j.2C FC.

After the 236D>5B you can add mj.A>j.236B>5A>5AA to add about 500 more damage.

Also I forgot to mention, with the 2C FC you should only really follow up with j.A if you backdash canceled 2C, without the backdash cancel, omit the j.A and do 2C, falling j.B, ect.

I haven't really needed a backdash if you do the j.A while jumping forward, but that's just in the lab.

FC 236CD corner combo:

236CD>236C>jB>jA>jC>5B>mjA>j236B>5A>5AA>5B>5C>2B>jA>jB

4.3k dmg

Another nani ga der kuma idea thing:

5A>5AA>236A>236236A/B (Firecracker, ice, smoke bomb)>j236A>6A+B~D
or
5A>5AA>236A>236236A/B (Firecracker, ice, smoke bomb)>j236A>5C>DC>2B>jA>jB

Both give 3k, sadly no item oki though. AoA route is pretty much garenteed to carry to the corner as you can choose sideswap with 5A+B. The other route gives better KD and you don't have to do the tedious AoA mashing.

I don't think this has ever been discovered yet but i found a new way to do FC combos. This isn't practical though, it's more like a showoff combo. I comboed 2C into sweep into 2A. The trick to this is to get the fatal from 2C, then hit sweep as high and as close to the opponent coming down as you can. If the spacing and timing is right the 2A will combo. It then leads into 5A, which at that point it's whatever you want to do with the rest of the combo. The combo drops very quick after one missile so it's not practical, but it can lead to about 7k if you know what your doing. If your going to try this it will take some time to learn as it sounds confusing to begin with. In the corner however, it can lead to a poison combo off of the 2A into teddiepuppet A into missile. 

Some midscreen Fatal Recovery/Fear combos:

5A/2B FC 5C d.c. j.A j.B j.A 2B j.A j.A j.B/j.236A

~2k (5A starter), ~2.5k (2B starter)

(236A FC) 5A (FC) 5AA 2B t.k.236A 214214B

~3.8k, ~4.5k with 236A starter

2B (FC, ground hit) t.k.236B 214214B

Note that if you do 2B very close, 214214B will whiff; you'll either have to do 2B t.k.236B 214214A or 2B t.k. 236A 214214B instead.

j.236A/236B FC (ground hit) 214214B

~4.6k

Can teddie combo into 214B off of any corner combo, or only if it has 236236D, or is it more specific than that?

I can't think of any instance in which you'd want to end the combo with 214B without the missile.  Puppetteddie B has too much recovery on its own.

You can do it with items (Ball Lightning or Amagiya Buckets, for instance), but otherwise as said the amount of recovery and the distance it pushes you back means you're giving your opponent a lot of distance to escape corner pressure. It's also why you'd rarely even end with Puppeteddie A in the corner without missile or items.

Mystery Food X would be my preferred option for Fear if I had the option since it also inflicts Silence, but that's not always available.

I could still dig up some combos that can end with it (I know S.Teddie can just do 5AAA 214B).

Fear ender is very good for maintaing pressure; Teddie's tick throw game can be very scary with Fear on since it can't be teched, especially if you can obscure it with something like Vanish Ball.

You can do Sweep/236B with missile and using the explosion into j.C > 2B > j.B for more traditional item oki. This is the option for damage.

As for what makes them 'better', it's a bit situational. I personally prefer damage since I'm not the best executor of 214B combos, but it's a potentially more rewarding ender if you can pressure your opponent into a FC starter after that. Personal opinion is to end with 214B if you'd have around 30+ meter and are confident since a FC can lead to a lot of very hefty damage with a super and execution, but your mileage may vary.

When you're ending corner combo with 214B, you want to be as low to the ground as possible to increase consistency.  Wait until the last second to do 2B and only do one j.A into teddiescrew > missile.

is there a trick to not having the D missile go offscreen when using it in a corner combo? I'm trying to hit them with the explosion after 214B or 2AB but the missile seems to be too far offscreen. I'm starting off throw and doing j.a jc j.a j.236a j.236236d after the 2b.

is there a trick to not having the D missile go offscreen when using it in a corner combo? I'm trying to hit them with the explosion after 214B or 2AB but the missile seems to be too far offscreen. I'm starting off throw and doing j.a jc j.a j.236a j.236236d after the 2b.

Now the missile goes offscreen if Teddie throws the missile too high in the air. Last game it was always able to combo, but now you have to be at a specific distance above the ground to be able to combo with the explosion.

To get the right height to not make the combo go offscreen, you generally want to be as low to the ground as possible so just go with 2B>jA>j236A if the opponent isn't too high after jA. You can also go with 2B>j236A if the combo you did before wasn't too long as it is much more consistent.

Though, the most consistent way is usually after a jA>jB>jA>j236A ender in the corner but you have to sacrifice a few hundred points of damage for that because using 2 jB in a combo kills it really quick (1100 SMP).

Here's a corner combo that you can do if you want to make sure you will always get it right:

5AA>5B>5C>2B>jA>jB>jA>djA>jB (2450 dmg)

If you want to use meter, omit the double jump and do jA>jB>jA>j236A>j236236[D]>Sweep/214B/214AB>]D[

A few things about that combo that you should keep in mind.

-It's actually extremely easy to use so you can be almost certain you won't drop that combo in tournaments. Also works quite well with netplay.

-If you want item oki, do: jA>jB>jA>djA> delay jB>delay jD

The delay between the last jA and jB is here to make sure the opponent is as high as possible before pressing jB in order to maximize oki.

The delay after jD is here to make sure that the item will land exactly where the opponent is.

Though, item oki isn't that great with that ender IMO.

-You probably noticed that the combo doesn't have jC. It's actually done on purpose because this is what you should go for if you went with unblockable jC reset or if the opponent tried to DP when you went with the jB>delay jC meaty or didn't block for some reason. In the case of a jC starter, the combo should become:

jC>dash 5B>5C>2B>jA>jB>jA>djA>jB (3317)

If you have 75 meter and go for the unblockable jC reset, you get:

5AA>5B>5C>2B>jA>jB>jA>j236A>j236236[D]>214AB>]D[ (3764)

jump>falling jC meaty>dash 5B>5C>2B>jA>jB>jA>djA>jB (3317)

Should always give you around 7k which is most of the time more than enough to seal a round.

Falling jC or IAD back jC will make most reversals and DP whiff and jC's short recovery allow you most of the time to do dash 2C FC to punish.

Roll will lose because even if they get through jC, they are still in recovery while you're teching so you can punish with 5A CH. On some rolls like Teddie's or Kanji's, you can punish with 2C if you did falling jC as close to the ground as possible.

Not teching will always result in the opponent getting hit too because of the automatic wake-up and jC's ridiculous amount of active frames.

Keep however in mind that jC whiffs if you're too high due to some character's crouching hurtbox. Shos' and Marie's are pretty good example so go check in training mode the optimal height to make sure jC always hits.

Keep in mind that Naoto's DP will reach you, and Yosuke will recover fast enough from his DP. If you don't IAD back, I believe Rise's can hit you as well, and possibly Mitsuru's and Yukari's.

A few reversals that will reach fairly far, so keep them in mind:

Rise's Hysterical Slap

Yukari's Hyper Feather Shot

Teddie's Nihil Hand

Yu's Cross Slash

Akihiko's Maziodyne

Junpei's Super Vorpal Bat

Naoto's Raid

Only the first two are available outside of Awakening, so if you can Rage reset kill them outside of it, that limits their options.

Also forgot to point out that jC meaty shouldn't be used against Shadow Labrys at all. If she presses D to make the Persona block (She always will), jC will first be blocked by the Persona THEN by Shabrys. Problem is that there is a huge hitstop that affects both Persona which gives enough time for Shabrys to fuzzy jump and escape.

The usual 5AA>IAD back jC blockstring to bait DPs in the corner shouldn't be used too because of that.

Fatal Recovery/Fear midscreen combo:

5A FC 5C d.c. j.A j.B j.A delay 5AAA j.236A j.236236[C] ]C[ j.C 2B j.B

Should be able to almost fullscreen carry (if you carry them to the corner with 5AAA, you can do the 236236[D] corner route). If you don't have the meter for missile, you can just end with 2AB/j.A j.B. I say 'almost' since you won't be able to follow up from 5C if your back is against the corner; 5C won't wall bounce.

Fatal Combo Midscreen/Easiest Challenge 25 Answer:

2C FC, Nihil hand A or B (preferably B), Nihil hand A, Nihil hand A. The first two Nihil hands have to hit as high as possible, or not, all i know is it works and you get 6k off of it if the 3rd Nihil hand is justframed (and it's unburstable if they don't burst the 2C). Just don't stand too close to the opponent as you will dash right pass them and get countered on recovery. 

Hell for Challenge 25 you don't even need the 2C, just sub in Mystery Food X or Teddie puppet B (as long as they are in fear since Nihil hand doesn't fatal counter). As long as it started with a fatal it will combo.

I've been posting in the Newbies Unite topic & joining in the Fri beginner's room (only Teddie main there, I think). Teddie's my best character, and I hope to improve with him.  I've done fighting games for many years, but haven't had much time put into this one yet.  Read a ton of posts on the site, including the Teddie section, and was wondering:

If I'm overwhelmed by the number of combos posted, are there a few key ones you'd suggest that I should know & can actually pull off?

I guess a sub or two is OK.  Maybe Labyrs.  I should ask the same thing in that section...

Thanks!

Note before I begin, the following combos I'll give are not going to be consistent on online play, except 5AAA > sweep.

Key combos midscreen are 5AAA > Sweep.  Also, 5AAA> 9 > 236A > 236236[C]> dash > ]C[ is really important because of the corner carry it gives you to either side.  Teddie does significantly more damage in the corner.  Getting the j.236A in time might take some practice.  

In the corner, 5AA > 5B > j.C > j.A, land, 5B > 5C > 2B > j.A > j.236A > 236236[D] > sweep > ]D[ > j.B is your go to combo.  It also works off 2A, but prorates a bit harder.  The throw combo is similar but harder: Throw > 5B > sjc.C > j.B > j.A, land, 5B > 5C > 2B > j.A > j.236A > 236236[D] > sweep > ]D[ > j.B.  On this latter combo, you need to cancel the j.B into the j.A really quickly.  If you don't have 50 meter while doing these combos, do j.B instead of 236A.  Off that final j.B, try using j.C before landing to force the opponent to block on wakeup.  Alternately throw out an item when you land.

These are the main combos you really need and they might take practice.  You don't need a sub with Teddie.  He can beat every character, and he requires lots of playing experience.  Only tough matchups I see are Narukami and maybe Yosuke.  Everything else will be even or favorable for you.  If you feel like messing around with other characters for fun though, nothing wrong with that.