LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Teddie Combo Thread

There are basically three variants of the corner BnB:

5AA > 5B > j.C > j.A > 5B > 5C > 2B > j.A > etc.

5AA > 5B > 5C > d.c. > 5A > 5B > s.j.C > j.B > j.A > 5B > (2B) > j.A > etc.

5AA > 5B > 5C > 2B > j.A > j.B > j.A > etc.

Third combo is the easiest in execution but does least damage/SP. Second combo has the most if you do the 2B, but is arguably the harshest for execution (though it's not too bad with muscle memory), and learning the 5B > s.j.C route is handy for throw starters.

You can also do the standard 5AAAA > j.236236[C] for the ease of execution, but the above routes pay off better.

Sup' guys I've been creeping around the Teddie forums as of late but I'm having a bit of a problem, and that problem is I can't really seem to figure out what's practical for him and what's not, If you guys could help me with figuring out some bnbs or what he should spend meter on that would be nice, and thanks everyone in advance.

You can find most of the combos over the past two pages. Teddie's combos are pretty uncomplicated for the most part. Get a midscreen BnB, corner BnB, and then combos with Missile down and that'll settle you for most things. You can then pick up FC or anti-air stuff.

I might compile a list eventually, but since there's a loketest with changes happening I might hold off for a few months.

Here are a couple of blockstrings using Mystery Teddie SP.

Midscreen

(Muscle Drink next):

(2A) 5AA 236A 236236A 5AA (hold til Pinwheel comes flying back) 5C d.c. j.A j.B j.A 2B j.A j.A j.B/j.236A (~2.5k/2.8k)

With 100 meter, you can do j.236A j.236236C j.236B at the end for ~4000 damage.

With 150 meter and burst, you can followup from the j.236B with OMB 214214B for ~5.1k.

Corner

(Muscle Drink next):

(2A) 5AA 5B 236A 236236A 5AA 236A...

Depending on your meter remaining, you have a few options.

<50 meter:

5B s.j.C j.B j.A 5AAA 2AB/j.A j.B

Note: pushes them out of the corner.

50 meter:

5B s.j.C j.B j.A 5AAA j.A j.236A j.236236[C] ]C[

or

j.236B j.236236[D] 2AB ]D[ j.B

or

5B s.j.C j.B j.A 5AA 214214B (Awakening only)

Last combo pushes them back into the corner.

100 meter:

j.236B j.236236[D] 2AB ]D[ 214214B

100 meter + Burst:

j.236B j.236236[D] 2AB [D] 236B OMB 214214B

I'm still playing around a bit with it (I think there might be a slight gap after the 236236A where the opponent might be able to DP, but it doesn't seem to be consistent). S.Teddie can do something similar in the corner, but you can omit the 5B in the initial blockstring.

Speaking of Shadow Teddie, if you badly need damage but aren't close enough in the corner to do the midscreen carry corner combo, here's something:

5AA j.A j.B j.A 214214B

Does about 2.5k. Not great, but it's an option if you need to kill, and does slightly more than missile.

Not sure what you mean by breaking your hands. The most consistent 2C fatal I tend to use is:

2C FC j.A j.B j.A j.C land 5C d.c. j.A (j.A) j.B/j.236A

Slightly less stringent than the t.k. 236B route and doesn't side-swap.

The easy version of that combo I suppose would be:

2C FC 5AAA j.A j.B j.A slight delay 5AAA 2AB

If you're close enough to the corner, you can do 5AA 5B IAD j.A etc. at the end instead.

by breaking my hands I mean the tknee route haha. thanks for the combo, I've been running 2C 2B jA jb ja 2N jA jb jA 236a since like day one and I can't help but feel I leave too much damage on the table. also do you have any TV FC combos? I only do the basic jA jb jA jb off it

Since I'm the Teddie "known" for going as much damage as possible, here's a small list of stuff I'm come up with over time with 2C Fatals:

(Note: all of these were done from standing at the start of the round with you being in player 1 spot, some of these combos won't work in other spots to my knowledge, I only tested them at this spot. Also some of these might differ on a small amount of damage depending on how much hits you do on multi hitting moves like 5AA, J.A and Bearscrews)

2C, Nihil hand B, Nihil hand A, Nihil hand A (frame perfect) 6.3k Unburstable once the first Nihil hand is up. (Easiest Challenge 25 as well)

2C, Nihil hand B, Nihil hand A, Nihil hand A (not frame perfect) 5.8k Unburstable once the first Nihil hand is up. (Easiest Challenge 25 as well)

Both of these only work from mid screen and both Nihil hand B and the first Nihil hand A have to hit as high as possible, meaning before the frame perfect sign.

2C, sweep, 2A, 5A, 5AA, J.A, J.B, J.A, Air Bearscrew A, Missile C, dash to missile, sweep, explode, Air Bearscrew B (low to the ground but not too low that the missile hits the ground), missile D, explode + Nihil hand B (perfect frame) 7.1K

2C, sweep, 2A, 5A, 5AA, J.A, J.B, J.A, Air Bearscrew A, Missile C, dash to missile, sweep, explode, Air Bearscrew B (low to the ground but not too low that the missile hits the ground), missile D, explode + Nihil hand B (not perfect frame) 6.5K

Now there are 2 things on this combo your probably going "wait you can't do that" and it's probably sweep, 2A and explode + Nihil hand. For sweep, 2A to work, you have to hit sweep after 2C as high as possible (when they are coming down), and then mircodash the 2A. This doesn't hit everytime so this is more of a swag combo then anything. Also explode + Nihil hand is basically holding the missile, input Nihil hand, and release both buttons at the same time, (I just do this so I get the timing better, it doesn't actually hold down nihil hand), so the missile hits before Nihil hand does by about 1 or 2 frames, then it will go into full Nihil hand super.

2C, sweep, OMB, Air Bearscrew B, missile C, dash to missile, explode, 5B, J.C, J.B, J.A, 5B, 5C, 2B, J.A (straight up + super jump), Bearscrew A, Missile D, 2C, explode, Nihil hand B (frame perfect) 9.5K

2C, sweep, OMB, Air Bearscrew B, missile C, dash to missile, explode, 5B, J.C, J.B, J.A, 5B, 5C, 2B, J.A (straight up + super jump), Bearscrew A, Missile D, 2C, explode, Nihil hand B (not frame perfect) 9.0k

2C, sweep, OMB, Air Bearscrew B, missile C, dash to missile, explode, 5B, J.C, J.B, J.A, 5B, 5C, 2B, J.A (straight up + super jump), Bearscrew A, Missile D, explode, Nihil hand B (frame perfect) 9.3k

2C, sweep, OMB, Air Bearscrew B, missile C, dash to missile, explode, 5B, J.C, J.B, J.A, 5B, 5C, 2B, J.A (straight up + super jump), Bearscrew A, Missile D, explode, Nihil hand B (not frame perfect) 8.7k

Simple OMB combo that does more damage then it should. Since doing 2C, Missile explode can be hard to do I did the combo with and without to show differences in damage.

2C, Item throw (green missile), sweep, green missile hit, J.A, J.B, J.A, J.C, dash a small bit, J.A, Bearscrew A, missile D, sweep, explode, Nihil hand B, (frame perfect) 7.1k

2C, Item throw (green missile), sweep, green missile hit, J.A, J.B, J.A, J.C, dash a small bit, J.A, Bearscrew A, missile D, sweep, explode, Nihil hand B, (not frame perfect) 6.5k

Basic 2C fatal combo with item throw. Only hard parts are making sure to hit J.A after the green missile hits since it's a small window of time and getting to hit J.A after the J.C.

I have more combos but I think this is a good place to stop for now. Some of these are easier then others so try to them out if you really want to captialize on damage like I love to do.

by breaking my hands I mean the tknee route haha. thanks for the combo, I've been running 2C 2B jA jb ja 2N jA jb jA 236a since like day one and I can't help but feel I leave too much damage on the table. also do you have any TV FC combos? I only do the basic jA jb jA jb off it

TV FCs are difficult to capitalize off of because of the limited hitstun and short amount of time to react to it; outside of the corner you can either do:

236X FC 236C j.A j.A j.B j.A j.C land dash j.A j.A j.B/j.236A

236X FC 236C j.A 2B j.A j.A j.B j.A j.C j.236B

To get anything better you'd either have to get them near the corner or use meter/burst.

New throw corner combo route.  Also works off 5AAA: click

There's no longer that long slide on CH 5B, so here's the new combo off that

An interesting FC SB Television combo that gives lots of corner carry: click

Another neat FC SB TV combo: click

[i'll get the inputs for these out soon]

I might be wrong, but I believe the new 5AAA 236B combo route counts as an autocombo too, so you'll also get the SP/Burst bonus accordingly (or you could just do 5AAAA).

I might be wrong, but I believe the new 5AAA 236B combo route counts as an autocombo too, so you'll also get the SP/Burst bonus accordingly (or you could just do 5AAAA).

I don't think so because pre patch it's get to a certain point in the auto combo to get the meter. Now it's get to the special in the auto combo. I believe i've seen a video with 5AAA into poison and it didn't yield meter gain. Also 5AAA 236B is a combo route pre patch, it's just not useful.

I don't think so because pre patch it's get to a certain point in the auto combo to get the meter. Now it's get to the special in the auto combo. I believe i've seen a video with 5AAA into poison and it didn't yield meter gain. Also 5AAA 236B is a combo route pre patch, it's just not useful.

The new combo route we're describing is 5AAA 236B 5B.... which is the same as 5AAAA 5B...

In other words, you're making use of the full autocombo, including the skill.

Worked out a few more Mystery Teddie SP combos today:

Brahman next:

5AA 236A 236236A 5AAA j.A j.B j.A j.A j.B

~2k damage, +20 SP from Dr. Salt Neo

Slightly tricky, you'll want to hold the 5AA for just a fraction of a second. If you time it right, the Brahman hit should hold them in the air just high enough so that you'll do 5AAA without them getting the soda. Not the best combo, but you recover about 20SP from the soda.

Agni next:

5AA 236A 236236A 5AA 2A+B (Agni hits) jump back j.236B (Parachute Bomb hits) j.B

3349 damage

If in Awakening, can do either 214214D or 214214B after the j.236B instead for either 4300 damage or 4881 damage.

Rewarding combo that pushes opponent into the corner. It's possible for the opponent to land in Mystery Food X right before Agni hits, but it seems inconsistent.

Turbo Recon Dynamo next:

5AA 236A 236236A 5AAA wait 2A+B

~2400 damage

If in Awakening, can do 214214C or 214214C+D after two or three hits of 5AAA for an unblockable reset; does an additional 3.6k or 4.8k if successful.

Firecracker next:

5AA 236A 236236A 2A+B (Dry Ice hits) 6A+B A+B mash D ender j.B

Vanish Ball next:

5AA 236A 236236A 5AAA 5A+B A+B mash D ender 5B sj.C j.B j.A 5B 5C 2B j.A j.B

Pseudo-unblockable reset using AoA's high and Varna's low. Can be DPed out of.

D-Type Prithvi next:

5AA 236A 236236B 5A[A] (Lightning Drum hits) (D-Type Prithvi hits) 214A/B/A+B (Amagiya Buckets hit)

~2400 damage, +Panic, +Poison/Fear/Rage

If in Awakening, can do 214214D after 5A[A] for an additional 1.2k damage. Alternatively, use 214214C or 214214C+D for an unblockable reset due to Shock; does an additional 3.6k or 4.8k if successful.

I found more 2 new combo routes that work with fatal NIhil Hand combos (Midscreen only). Like I said before as long as you start with a fatal hit Nihil Hand can combo into itself 3 times, however, messing around with this I found that both Bearscrew A and microdash 5A both connect fast enough to extend a combo. Now I only tested this by doing 5C into Nihil Hand B so far but I found that doing 5A gets you a full auto combo and can still follow up with more attacks and supers while going Bearscrew A only gets you the one attack however you can burst to extend combos even farther. When I get time I'll try to make combos from this and tell you guys but for right now this is all I got, I just recently got back to playing.

Have a question with the basic corner combo (5AA5B sjC jB jA 5B 5C 2B jA etc)

What's the best way to time the jC? Sometimes it won't hit (is it a neutral super jump after 5B?)

Sometimes after the jC, they'll go under Teddie

Are you supposed to hold 5AA for all 15 hits?

Also, sometimes I see a Teddie do delay jA instead of jB jA, is that only because of the starter?

Edited by lunarxskies

What's the best way to time the jC? Sometimes it won't hit (is it a neutral super jump after 5B?)

Also, sometimes I see a Teddie do delay jA instead of jB jA, is that only because of the starter?

1) As soon as 5B connects, input super jump, then J.C as fast as you can. It takes some time to get used to, and I tend to super jump towards the opponent so it hits faster (It might not matter though). I recommend doing challenges if you haven't already done so.

2) If you notice the opponents fall under you after J.C, continue with J.B, J.A, 5B, Teddievision D, then either do MIssile D or warp to do a mix up.

3) You don't have to hold down punches because the combo will work with either 1 or 15 punches. Only thing that happens is you push the opponent away a bit. Also damage might scale because of extra punches.

4) Doing 5AA, 5B, J.C, J.A, 5B... etc. is just another way to do Teddie's corner combo. It was found before we realized the old combo still worked, either way is fine, but the old way for me tends to work better as the other way is a bit more tricky to do. Starter doesn't matter.

Do you know why they fall under? jC too close/too high?

Also thanks for the help!

I feel like it's just we jump too high and they don't get stuck on us so they slide under are hitbox. No problem, always willing to help out a fellow Teddie.

My recommendation is to do the combo MegaGrandTale listed in #4.  Off 5AA > 5B, do a regular jump j.C, then j.A as you fall, then bat.  You want as few hits of the j.A as possible to make the combo consistent.  

Off grab in the corner though, continue using the super jump j.C route that you're used to.

Some 236236A combos:

5AA 236A 236236A (Brahman, Salt Neo, Agni) 5AA 2B 2A+B (Agni hits) j.A j.B

~2100 damage, +20 SP (Salt Neo), -50 SP

5AA 236A 236236A (Agni, Curry, Parachute Bomb) 5AA 2B 5B (Curry hits, Agni hits) j.236B (Bomb hits) j.B/{j.A j.236A j.236236[D] 2A+B ]D[ j.B}

~2.9k, corner carry, -50 SP (~4.5k, -50 more meter)

From midscreen, one can do 5AAAA before the 236236A for more meter.

5AA 236A 236236A (Dyaus, Barrel, Bike Key) 5AAA 214214C/214214C+D

~1.6k + 3.6k/4.5k unblockable reset, -100 SP

There are a few variants of the combo after the item super, but basically you want to keep them blocking the barrel/robot for the unblockable reset.

5AA 236A 236236A (Bike Key, Firecracker, Dry Ice) 2A+B (Dry Ice hits) 214A/B

~2k, corner carry, bike oki, +Poison/Fear, -50 meter

Sadly, 214A+B doesn't seem to connect for a Rage reset.

5AA 236A 236236A (Bike Key, Firecracker, Dry Ice) 2A+B (Dry Ice hits) 214A/B

~2k, corner carry, bike oki, +Poison/Fear, -50 meter

Sadly, 214A+B doesn't seem to connect for a Rage reset.

building off this, at midscreen do 5AA > 236A (don't go through them) > 236236A > sweep (delay just slightly) > dry ice hits > run under the frozen opponent and get the bike key.  they're going to mash furiously to get out of the ice while the bike is getting ready

They mash out of the ice.  This is your chance for a reset.  Do 5A/2A, something to put them into block stun, wait for the bike, 22A as the bike comes and you go under them.  Then crossup 5A

The first combo does around 2100 damage, then add on whatever you get with the reset.

Here's another midscreen setup, but using 236236A+B.  Do 5AA > 236A > 236236A+B >5AA > sweep > red robot hits > j.B holding forward and spike them into the rage drink.  At this point, I'm wondering what the best followup would be and if we could make it DP proof.

I made some Teddie videos that show off some of the Tech I found over time. I hope people start using them. Also I apologize for the cam corder recordings, I don't have a capture card so this was the best I could do. Move order and Damage is in the description, as well as some tip on how some of these moves connect.

Note that not all of these combos are useful, they just help give an idea of what you can do. Doesn't mean you can't try though and possibly find something new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1cmbUr6LDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCIYf5XKad0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLv-TPlW-Cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix97c_f_pcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTu5oEIbVsQ