Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grove03

[P4AU] Yu Narukami vs Ken Amada

Copy pasted from the combo thread:

https://www.youtube....h?v=yis_zx1SS1U

Here's a pretty silly yet practical(?) way to punish Ken's DP if you're in awakening w/ 50 SP to spend.  From my experience, as long as you're reasonably close to Ken when you block his DP all you have to do is backdash once to get Izanagi in sandwich position w/ (FC!) D Zio.  You even have time to charge it a bit and react to Ken falling down before releasing it (doing it right away/too early has D Zio hit Ken in the air).  Feel free to test this for yourself, I've definitely had it fail a few times if I blocked it from max range. 

It's also nice if you need your combo to switch sides if the corner is closer the other way.  You could just wait for Narukami to turn around and input 2C or something but I actually found that kind of hard to do.

You can also hit him with FC D Cross Slash if you want a lot of immediate unburstable damage.  I'm not sure if it's better than 5C starter for high resource punishes, I didn't really take the time to explore that.  I probably could have added some IAD stuff on that FC D Cross Slash starter in the video.   

And ofc if you're on the last round with 100 SP you can just IK him.

EDIT: Immediate backdash into D Zio on a blocked Ken DP seems to let you release D Zio and block at the same time.  You get the FC punish if he does nothing and you block if he cancels into Thunder Reign (you do lose a Persona card though).

good stuff impulse,

its a really good punish for when he doesn't have the meter to cancel his dp into super.

but to ensure you don't deal with his shenanigans, you can superjump backdash air D-zio for the same affects, cause he'll land on a FC punish, (but rereading your post you can probably release your D-zio

Other to punish Ken DP would be to :

backdash twice 5C air confirm punishes

backdash twice C-CS, where CS will crossup

s.jump backdash D-CS, few issues would be timing your CS, if Ken is mashing his Super, it has a chance to clash with CS

Other issues, to deal with koromaru you need to hit him, good buttons to hit him with are 2A, 5A, and Sweep

I think it is also possible to hit the dog and OMB after, so that you can possibly get an OMB starter on ken as he tries to rush in to protect his dog.

some of ken's blockstrings have small gaps, such as his spear 236A/B 236C?(his persona followup that looks like an overhead) you have a chance to ziodyne thru this, IB-ing can help, but as a response Ken may opt to not do the persona-followup, and he'll be forced to use koromaru for his pressure.

I'm currently running 2B>5C>2C as a punish for Koromaru.  The "combo" takes off most of his health, about 90% (I couldn't find anything better, I was hoping for 100% so tell me if you guys find one).  The 2B>5C cancel should be immediate (as if you were trying to get 1 hit of 2B) so that 2C doesn't whiff.  2C will also whiff if you hit Koro in the air. 

Ken players will generally cover their dog so you probably wont get to do this very often, but if you ever see they're giving you time and space after 2C or something you can punish Koro.  I've had Ken players just sit fullscreen and mash Koro 2C sometimes, so having a good punish will help discourage that.  You can backdash on 2C (in the combo) for safety if you see Ken going in while you're bopping the dog, but beware of charge thrust if he's in range for it.  It's also helpful that hitting Koro has very little hitstop, you can get your damage pretty quickly.