Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ice Prince

Icespike FRC Help Thread

What about 2H canceled on block into scythe FRC & throw/mixup? Or would the blockstun on the 2H not be enough to safely get out the scythe?

i think scythe FRC is usefull and Icespike. we all play different so dunno. Whatever is good and resourcful. just play to win haha. <3 Dizzy, lawl winz

All the flashing Ky ava's are a-seizurin'. Occasionally, off a throw knockdown in the corner I do, 623S FRC running jump and then either ad. j.K blah blah or land 2k blah blah. Not that great, really. You get more guard gauge and better positioning and safeness from most dps and bursts from a running TK bubble, spike blah blah.

What about 2H canceled on block into scythe FRC & throw/mixup? Or would the blockstun on the 2H not be enough to safely get out the scythe?

That's going to be a very close call. The opponent will have time to move before the scythe hits them, and many can get out - Testament 2H, Ky Stun Dipper, Pot FDB et cetera. The FRC will give you time to block most of it, but it's not giving any real advantages. 2D FRC is a much safer choice to end the blockstring with

about Schyte frc... i'd rather go for fish for tick throw setup than wasting 1/4 tension <- the timming is pretty much the same as I-no 214p, one of the easier frc points :D and i need that frc on combos, for simple setup at cornered oponent: (p)fish, 2147p/k/s/whatever,ad k,p,hs,2hs(bubble break),236s(frc),B&B without that frc point the victim will have 3 frame recovery windows which is damn to much :P and after throw knock down, usually i'll go fish(P), bubble(instant break),spear... go for tick throw... bubble loop / dust mix up whatever i think it'll connect :P never got caught on reversal, the timming for reversal is after the 1st bubble, i can just FD it :D and punish a counter(note : i go against Ky most of the time) and for those who said Ice spike frc's piece a cake rather than said it's easy give some pointer how u can get it consistentlly enough on the match... there's only 1 person that i know and said ice spike frc is easy but he can't even pull Sol GF frc when almost all my friend already used with it(though most of it not Sol Player :) ) it's a relative matter +_+

i've post that thing-_-" u need to press the 3 button just before it completelly dissapear to get the timming right, the problem is when we get in the corner sometimes we can't see the ice spike ^_^"... latelly i try to count 1 2 . 3 for frc the similar method like Sol GF in the gattling and get the timming quite consistentlly

I don't know but FRCing the Icespike to me was about timing it before the enemy flies up or begins to get "released" after the spike hits me... thats for me tho >< hope it helps.

oh shit everytime I read this thread, I choose a way of help for the FRC.. I go to training mode.. It works! It does in training mode and in matches.. for a while. Then I come back here, I choose another help. It's a neverending circle for me ^^

I usually just try to attemp ice spike frc when ever I do an ice spike, its better if you get the muscle memory. Since theres only FRC and no RC its not as bad. just try to frc when ever you get the chance!

Seeing Ice Spike FRC combos in combo videos was my inspiration to learn the FRC lol. Too bad it doesn't do as much damage as it used to.

After alittle practice I quickly figured out that it had to be done when the ice spike was at its peak and fully materialized and I was able to do it 2 or 3 times in a row but I still can't do it consistently enough to do it every time on command just yet. What sound should I be looking for to make it work every time, since I have a general idea as to when I should be hitting the buttons somewhat.

The first page of the thread a few posts in, has some tips revolving around using -sound- as a guide to help execute the FRC. Other than that, just keep practicing till you got a 'feel' for it.

After alittle practice I quickly figured out that it had to be done when the ice spike was at its peak and fully materialized and I was able to do it 2 or 3 times in a row but I still can't do it consistently enough to do it every time on command just yet. What sound should I be looking for to make it work every time, since I have a general idea as to when I should be hitting the buttons somewhat.

even if you can master frc ice spike, the main object is what to do with it once u can do it. unless you have a goal or a combo you want to do you won't be doing frc in matches unless you have a clear and define combo or just to recover quickly from the animation delay.

currently, I don't look for visual cue or sound its just correct when I hit frc so i can dash and hit 2hs ice spike again.

Seems like everyone is going off of the sound. I don't know if anyone posted this before, cause I don't feel like reading 5 pages.

But my method of FRC for the icespike is:

Right when the smoke at the bottom of the icespike fully disappears.

Someone try it out and let me know if it helps.

I don't actually recommend basing it on the sound. In my experience, most of the time you can't hear anything in arcades/tourneys. But if you feel confident about it go ahead. HazZ is correct, when you look at video footage frame by frame, it's exactly when the smoke fully disappears. So I guess if you need a visual cue, using the smoke puff is a good way. For me, it's all just muscle memory. Some days I do "lose it" but once I'm in the heat of battle it comes back. I don't know if it's the same with you guys, but I generally dislike using "cues". I sort of use a rhythm. EDIT: BTW, try playing with sound off. It helps when you are in one of those environments where you can't hear the machine or it's speakers are broken.

for the sound cue... actually it help to get the muscle memorize the timming on practice mode(if there's one for ice spike :v: ), on the real match there's very often you can't see the ice spike couse of aerial ch/corner of the screen limit...it's the best if u got the timming by muscle memories not by visual/sound cues imo

From my experience, using sound as a cue can be a weakness. I remember the very first tourney I been to (back in slash), I had learned baiken's tatami mat FRC off of sound, but in a tourney setting I couldn't hear shit and I missed every single FRC. Visual cues are dangerous as well because like excelence said in the corner/counter you sometimes won't be able to see clearly, or under other circumstances. However, if there is a screen freeze, visual cues will save your ass in those rare situations.

Does anyone reliably get off a f.s. ice spike again afterwards? It's like 150 damage if you started with icespike alone. The trick is, it's easiest when you 6 FRC 6...