Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dirsian

Scrub seeking follow-up help

I'm a scrubby A.B.A player and I'm much worse than [it seems like] everyone on these boards. Anyways, I'd like to know how to follow up a couple of moves. Danzai I currently do Danzai -> Danzai or 6H, but that ends up with them far away, and I need to get in close again. fS poke -> 5H -> 236S -> 46S -> 63214S [FRC] -> ? I don't know any way to continue this combo. I've RC'd the 46S and done 66 -> 5H -> 236S 46S 63214S 6H poke I know its JC able, but I dont know how to follow this up. IAD air combo maybe? Also, any tips on executing the air super? I have an extremely hard time with that one.

Danzai on hit, if they're not too far away, you have two main options. 1. Combo into Keygrab with dash in > 5K 6P (1hit) 2S, sj.jK, jS, jH, Keygrab. 2. Combo into knockdown for mixup with dash in 5S, 2S, Butt. f.S on hit also gives you options. You can combo into: 1. f.S -> Rekkas FRC (236S etc), and followups are character and corner specific. A general combo from anywhere is always dash in > 2K, 5S, 6P (1hit) 2S, sj.jP or j.K, j.S, j.H, Keygrab. 2. f.S -> 2H -> IAD combo. You can go f.S 2H IAD j.S, j.HS, Orbs, and if you're in the corner land, 2S Keygrab against most characters. You can also FRC the Orbs to continue comboing, which is great if you're not in the corner. 6H on hit only combos into specials; ideally comboing into rekkas is the way to go. On air CH funny things happen but you probably shouldn't be throwing this one out there too much since recovery is ultra bogus on 6H. As part of pressure though, 6H IAD j.S etc is risky but effective. And as far as execution goes, that's just a matter of practice. :)

Danzai in the corner also sets most characters at the ideal height to do 669 jS jH jD orbs land double keystab or any any followup after orb that doesn't get you a double keystab.

Joining the discussion to half help Dirsian and half get help myself, as i'm scrubby ABA player too :keke: After Rekka FRC, simplest combo i do is: dash > 2K > 5S > 2S > butt. Works everywhere on screen as far as i saw. Then if you're in corner, you can either: 1) RC the butt > orb > continue combo depending char (that's where i usually fail, cause i'm scrub) 2) land from butt > (5P, makes it easier i find) > 5S > 2S > butt again. 3) (combo i'd need help/information) 5S > keygrab. > keygrab again theorically, but i find myself often in situation where i cant grab them OTG with this 2nd one. Is it because of differents chars weights ?

Depending on the character you use 5S or 2S to gatling into Keygrab. Then they hit the ground, and you can Keygrab again. It works on every character; watch some ABA videos to get an idea of the timing

Ho, i see. Gonna try 2S on some chars so. Watching videos, guess i'm waiting too much for OTG keygrab. Hmmm, how to say it... Seems you dont have to recover from 1rst keygrab and be in standing animation to start the 2nd keygrab. Looks like a link combo grabs. Recovery from keygrab looks pretty fast. Thx for tips~

One of the wierdest things about the double keygrab was that if I tried to input the second hit as fast as possible, the second one would whiff, but if I waited just a teeny bit, I would land it. *shrug* Also, for the jS-H-D, Orbs loop, am I right in thinking that the orbs should be done as low to the ground as possible? Also thanks for the advice.

The lower the better for sure, but most of the time when i success in pulling it i dont "try" to make em low, it's low allready even when i dont delay the orbs; be it on normal/IAD/669 jumps. Only on superjumps i feel i'm able to wait a bit before Orbing. (i know you're waiting on way more experienced players than me to help you, but seeing we're roughly on the same learning-ABA-boat, it's cool that we can compare the difficulty/possibility of combos :) ) Interesting thing about the double grab wait, guess it's not as fastly done as i thought. Gonna look for the allowed time to hit OTG so i could pull it off with muscle memory.

The Double Keygrab is pretty easy once you get it down. You've got time to hit it for sure. And yes, the lower to the ground the better for the orbs loop, that way you recover faster.

You can get at least two reps on everyone if you set it up right. I FRC if I'm not sure, or if I'm doing a different combo.

Tested some of those yesterday, double "no stress about it" keygrab worked fairly good :o Thing gonna helps me LOT to stay alive and not murder myself with my pressures xD As for butt/orb loop, tried to focus on doing only 2 loops, then go for keygrab oportunity if i thought the height was good or just watch about the way roommate recovered. Was pretty good too, seeing usually i just jump to try another loop, miss, and get stuck in corner with him recovering in my back :psyduck: thx much again for tips, feeling i'm on the way of making my ABA not only someone you know can crush your bar in no time, but someone that WILL crush your bar in no time :yaaay:

I just managed to get 1 rep of the orb loop perfectly off on my friend's Potemkin when he had a full guard bar...

X_X

A.B.A MAD, A.B.A SMASH!

... that reminded me of why I decided to pick up A.B.A

That being said, I can't get the orbs (or the jD for that matter) out most of the time. I've narrowed it down to A) I'm not starting JC / jS fast enough out of 2H OR

B) there's a bit of a delay after the jS before you're supposed to jH.

I suspect its A, and if that's the case, I guess I'll just go practice more....

Also, any advice for a decent Moroha dust combo? The only one I can find the the ID, which I can come nowhere close to doing consistently. My current half-assed one is jS jS jP-S-H-D [keygrab]

Thanks y'all.

You'll likely want to impossible dust. Her ID combos open up a plethora of options for you that a normal dust combo just wouldn't. A regular dust combo gives you damage into a keygrab. An ID combo leaves room to freestyle based on your tension and their guard gauge; lets you end in a keygrab, double keygrab, or butt knockdown for prime oki; and it will net you just as significant damage. Impossible dust is 5D, hold 9, (Dust attack hits), 5, 9, j.H. You want to hit the jumping hard slash right before ABA and the guy getting launched hits the level of the "burst" icon at the top of the screen. At that point, you'll land before they will, and now you've got a lot of options. You can go right into a butt loop (5S 2S Butt, RC if you have 50% tension, etc); you can go into an orb loop (dash jump j.S j.HS j.D Orbs, etc); you can Danzai/EX Danzai into combo; you can TK orbs FRC into combo; be as practical or as flashy as you want. ;) (If you can't get the hang of Impossible Dusting, look around dustloop for posts on ID, or look at the ABA 101 thread for vanilla dust combos.)

Hooray, today I did my first 1.5 rep orb loop!:yaaay: Cranked guard bar, CH jS |land| cS fS(1) 2H jS-H-D Orbs |land| 9 jS Keygrab (since I noticed I was literally out of meter after the Orbs) Apparently the problem I was having was that I was jump canceling the 2H too _early_...:psyduck: Ill probably spend another day or two getting this one down pretty solid then move on to a ground combo. Also, Ragnarok, how are those Moroha mode throw combos going for you? Until I learn a few proper ones, I've settled into THROW cS 2S jS djS H/Keygrab. Works on everyone I played against ('bout half the cast), does OK damage, and is easy. Also, I'm looking for crossup ideas, esp. for okizeme. Right now, I usually superjump waay above them (so that they're not on the screen), then meaty jH down onto them. Occasionally I butt back and forth (although I have been playing against Robo-Ky a lot recently... damn slow getup). Lastly, I had a few hilarious moments today. 1) Normal mode 6H Robo-Ky THROUGH his [otherwise missed] Explosion super for a 'victory screen' of me being hit by a 20-some odd hit combo. 2) Repeatedly, Danzai > Robo-Dash/HOS Charge Burst. Fuck you, invincibility frames. 3) Guessing right on 3 Faust kancho supers in a row XD. (I didn't feel too bad, he had gotten 2 meteors and then a potemkin in the previous match. That being said...) 4) EX Danzai > Robo-Ky 5K spam, Meteors, Going My Way 5) Pushing a slow-getting up RK to a corner (with my dash), then punishing his throw attempt with 2H->lulz

Until now i just sticked to run in 5S > 2S > butt. Trying now to keep the habit to look at oponent's Burst gauge during animation, and if it's up/close to be, i 2H > danzai. If they took the bait and burst, just continue dealing the pain :yaaay: If not (cause they're getting used to it ^^) that become a simili mind game about will i jump to combo after danzai so they burst here, or will i bait again a burst after danzai. Was hilarious the first time i throw > 2H > danzai > nothing > block burst > JS > JD > orb :kitty: Close to corners, i do the 5S > 2S > butt RC > orb FRC > AD JH > orb. Well, i try to do it, still got lots of flucks on it but when i get it done, hurt quite good. Now to see if it's only me who is bad at execution, or if it's just harder on some chars. Gonna definetly try your version of throw combo > grab, as refreshing my meter is really the darkest part of my ABA, lost so many rounds because i burned myself half my life and couldnt revert it lol As for crossup oki, i never been an addict of superjumps, so the 2 things i do are: -jump over > AD back JH. Works semi good against reversals as it inverse commands at the last moment + JH clash/priority against reversals allready. Bit problem you can get is when i play with one of my friend who is really really better than me, if i do it to late, he airthrow me. -meaty JS > DJ crossup JH, that i mix with meaty JS > DJ JS > JH (took that in the fuzzy guard topic). works good too, i dont hit much with it as it's "easily" guardable, but that means it did put fear in oponent mind and they dont even try to reversal after being caught in it and keep on blocking. Make em guess, make em mess, crack their head :eng101:

It seems I've been having the same problems as you, Ragnarok. My matches against friends these days usually comes down to whether I'm able to switch to and from Moroha mode. If i get the transformations off, I usually win. If I get denied entry to Moroha too long, or fail to get out in time, I usually lose. I've been watching some Dio match vids on Youtube.... he's inspired me some. Also, lol, Danzai > Burst. My two BnB's I can fairly easily land now are Whatever -> 2H jS-H-D Orbs [land] cS 2S Butt (keygrab) I have yet to figure out a decent way to follow up CH jH (opponent on ground). I land it so often that it feels like I should capitalize on it more. I've been playing around with CH jH [land] 6H JC [some air normal], but the opponent keeps ending up too far away from me. In a corner, i go with CH jH [land] 6H 2S Butt... I think in some of the Dio vids he relaunches OTG opponents with 2K, but I'm not sure. tl;dr: How do I follow up CH jH? (or, what does floorslide combo into?)

Yeah, on floorslide, you dash in 2K > 5S > 2S > whatever. Just keep an attentive eye the moment you throw J.HS out. On normal hit, 5K > 5S >... (prolly could go straight to 5S depending on height you hit em, but found using 5K is way easier to keep the link) on counter not slide, 5S >... on floorslide, dash in 2K >... edit: wait... thinking bout it... how come it somtimes counter but doesnt floorslide :psyduck: edit 2: well, tested some and it seems the J.HS counter not floorslide is when i J.S > J.HS with guard gauge flashing.

Best tensionless combos for CH j.H:

Fullscreen: CH j.H; Dash in, 2K, 6P (1hit), 2S, sj j.K, j.S, j.H, Keygrab. Or any other 2S SJ variant.

Corner: CH j.H; Dash in, 2K, 5S, 2S, Butt. Dash in, 5S, 2S, Butt. Dash in, 5P, 5S, j.D, Orbs. If you have 25% Tension, you can often FRC the Orbs, airdash in with a j.H and gatling into a Keygrab. This combo is probably my favorite of hers, because it's TENSIONLESS and completely destroys their lifebar. This combo is wild. Learn it! The tough part is the timing between the first Butt and the 5S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oKXMPxSa3A 4:28ish, but instead of JCing the 5S into j.D Orbs, I gatlinged into Bloodpack instead. Also if you have 50% tension, you can of course RC the Butt into 2hit Orbs or dj Orb Loop.

ABA scrub here...

The air super (632146+P, right?)... I find it much easier to execute that with a full 360 motion. So, 632147896 + P, and it will work both while in the air and on the ground.

(Sorry if someone already said that in this thread.)

~Z

ABA scrub here...

The air super (632146+P, right?)... I find it much easier to execute that with a full 360 motion. So, 632147896 + P, and it will work both while in the air and on the ground.

(Sorry if someone already said that in this thread.)

~Z

i find it easier to 63214 then 41236 i allways pull it off that way xD saves trying 360 motions

Recent developments include me pulling off the whole (Corner) 5K cS fS(1) 2H, 2x Orb loop, although the opponent died after the 2nd jD.... but he started at ~50% :yaaay: Normal Mode 5H goes into 6H !? I'm also pretty sure if the range is good that 6H can also be canceled into a keygrab... :psyduck: Anyways, more followups I'd like to know: My friends, or at least the ones who play GG, like to use jump ins a lot, so I find myself landing a lot of 6Ps, but I have no idea how to follow those up, and I feel like I'm letting them get away relatively unscathed. I also end up getting my friends with a hcfK in the middle of a blockstring often enough, but I have no idea what to do when they bounce up a little like that. tl;dr: How do you follow up CH / AA 6P [Moroha] or a non-blocked unblockable?

Always gatling 6P into 2S. If they are airborne, which they likely will be, you can follow up the 2S into sj j.K j.S etc. If they are grounded when you 6P, and you are close enough, the 2S will connect, and even if they block, you can jump cancel the 2S into pressure or a free jump out. It's a win/win. You should also def start learning to use 2S as anti-air. It's not an easy move to use, but the hitbox is huge, and on counterhit it is godlike. It also completely shuts down May air to ground pressure. Non-Counter hit unbrock you can follow up with OTG whatevers, I do OTG 6H (2hit) into IAD oki. If you're in the corner you can also combo Potemkin as he falls with 5P. Otherwise just oki. You only get a combo on CH or RC.

Bringing this thread back from the dead... I've been working on my ABA a bit, as work and school allow, and shes gotten a bit better, but I'm lacking in a few areas, namely Oki and blockstrings. so, what are ABAs oki setups, and what are y'alls favorite ways to get the opponent's guard bar maxed? tl;dr: just read the effin' post, its like 3 lines long!

There's plenty of info in the ABA 101 thread on oki / blockstrings. 2H, 2K, 5/2P, j.S are your main oki starters. If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to answer them. :)