Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

PoliceCops Vs Adachi

Adachi Tools

Minazuki Tools

Neutral summary

Offense summary

Defense summary

Oki summary

Ratio   :ballPSHO: -/- :comingsoon:

This match-up gets me most of the time. Somethings does work  like making his DP or AoA miss and punish, 2B or DP when he is in the air, using teleports sparingly, and breaking his persona. However, I feel like I can't pressure him. If I'm too close (attacking and blocking), I get DP>combo to death. It's even worse when the really good Adachi players catch me in his hop cancel>air turn combos. 

I'm not very good at P4U but any knowledge is better than none so let's go. I will spoiler more "general information" things to cut down on post size. I main swapped from Adachi to Minazuki so I have a better understanding of Adachi than I do as Minazuki. As such, I will mostly cover Adachi and hopefully give you a better understanding of him as I don't really feel qualified to tell anybody how they should play. At any rate I hope something helps you guys. Please take my Neutral Game/Offensive/Defensive section with a grain of salt because I am booty.

Adachi is a rushdown/grappler character that can be tricky to nail down, and has tons of shenanigans involving one of his super's buffs that allows for status ailments to be applied on Persona strikes.

Adachi Tools

• Pain in the Ass: 236A/B. A stance move, that is often used to cancel into a command grab. A+followup will result in a slide/headbutt thing that is easily punishable on block. B+followup will result in a hitgrab that sideswaps and causes a short wallbounce if he throws you into the corner. SB has complete invincibility for about a full second after use, and puts you in a spin state.
  • Scared?: 214A/B. His gunshot. It hits low and is about -1 on block. When he gunshots, that's usually the end of the string. B has further range. SB has insane frame advantage, easy combo on grounded counter hit and is part of some pretty damaging combos.
  • Evil Smile: 236C/D. Status inflicting "wave" that, well, applies fear. Whiffs on crouch. Worthwhile to note that it can be comboed into after a "launch" 5C. SB version tracks but still whiffs on crouch.
  • Megidola: 214C/D. Command grab. C version is fast while D has higher startup, more damage and grab invincibility. SB is best of both worlds. Can be cancelled into supers on hit. If he has the Magatsu Mandala(will be covered later) buff, this will apply Shock.
  • Furious Action/DP: It lunges forward a bit and is two hits: high and then low. Can be safejumped. Both hits cancellable into supers. The second hit(the kick) launches you away. Does hella blue life "damage."
  • 5D: Ziodyne, a big ass Lightning Laser that gives Adachi a lot of land and takes a full second to charge up. You can D teleport and break it before he pukes lightning, D Wings of Purgatory or 2D with quick reactions. Guard Cancel near the end of it to escape with meter. If it hits you and carries you to the corner he can get a full combo.
  • 2D: Cross Slash, the Magatsu Izanagi "slam." Hurts like a son of a bitch. Tracks fullscreen. If you block it and he's not anywhere nearby to deter you from doing so, 2A or 5A it to bust a card. He can jump and air-turn before doing 2D and Magatsu Izanagi will land behind you. It'll be a little harder to punish but still probably 5A-able. Be careful however, Magatsu Izanagi is still "there" after landing and Adachi can do things like 5C and you'll get stabbed from behind, pushing you away from the Persona.
  • 2C: A weird upward air unblockable hitgrab that will drag you to the ground if hit unless he hop cancels it which is part of the MJC loop. Just like 2D, even on Whiff Magatsu Izanagi is still "there" and he can 5C or even Super from this location. It's very odd.
  • YFkajLr.png
  • 2B: Teleport's bane. A pretty good anti-air that is awful on whiff. Makes him airborne. If he uses this in strings on the ground(2B>j.C) it's the end of the string unless he SB gunshots. Can jump cancel out of it but still. Full combo off of air counterhit. If he hits your teleport with this then you'll eat a big ass combo so be careful. If you attempt to do the last B rekka(Destruction) of your rekka chain on block, he can 2B straight through it for a full combo.
  • AOA/Sweep: Worth nothing that these have long range. Sweep in particular can be cancelled and is more of a slide. If you try to toss a dagger and run forward he can slide under it and tickle your toes if you're not careful.

• Medium-high damage meterless, depends on the starter.
  • His J.C is incredible and personally I haven't had much luck 2B-ing it because of it's enormous hitbox.
  • His mixup revolves around his command grab
  • Damage with meter can range from good to disgusting, but really relies on Awakening
  • Unblockable awakening setups involving rage and sometimes both silence and rage at once
  • Very scary pressure close up and decent long range options
  • 9500 hp and Heat Riser buff reduces damage taken

Adachi's Supers, all very important:

• Heat Riser: 236236A/B. His primary combo tool, he will get the ever so pretty looking hop cancel combo dubbed MJC loop. On hit, this will give him the Heat Riser buff next to his meter. It appears as a red Adachi face and an arrow next to it. This gives him 10% more damage on all attacks, and he receives 10% LESS damage from all attacks done to him. As he has 9500 HP, this is a substantial damage reduction because it stacks with Awakening as well. If he has 50 meter, he's looking to hit this. If he has the Magatsu Mandala buff(wait for it...), this applies RAGE. THIS IS DANGEROUS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. I recommend you watch this to see why. Without meter, your only option is to attempt to superjump out of any Ziodyne post Rage application as soon as possible. Many setups are airtight you will simply have to take the damage without meter. WITH meter, you better be mashing on that Wings of Purgatory. Even if it doesn't hit Adachi, it'll bust the Persona and stop the beam of lightning.
  • Magatsu Mandala: 214214A/B. A version will happen at Izanagi's location and B at Adachi's location. It has Fatal recovery. This is scary. He doesn't even need to hit you to get this debuff, as long as he "casts the spell" he will get the debuff. It is a little purple Magatsu Izanagi icon above his meter bar. This gives his persona attacks ailments. You will mostly see Poison or Paralyze but he can afflict every ailment short of Freeze. Atom Smasher, 5C and J.C will apply Poison, 2C/J.2C will apply Silence, Megidola(command grab) and all D persona attacks will apply Paralyze, Heat Riser will apply Rage, another Magatsu Mandala will apply Confusion and Ghastly Wail applies Fear. There ARE silence+rage setups. AWAKENING ONLY!
  • Atom Smasher: 236236 C/D. A full-screen Akihiko Maziodyne esqe super. C is very fast but has hella recovery, D is very slow startup and is safe or only -1 or -2 or something. SB is REALLY fast. Be careful with those Survival Knives, boys.
  • Ghastly Wail: 214214 C/D. Spooooky! It's a command grab that does more damage if he has Magatsu Mandala buff and if you have fear applied(it applies fear with the Mandala Buff too!) C is 0 frames after super flash. D is slower and hits harder. SB is best of both worlds, 0 frames after super flash. He can combo into it from SB "Pain in the Ass!" as it puts you into a spin state and it HURTS. AWAKENING ONLY!

Minazuki Tools

• You outrange him so much it's criminal(get it? because he's a police officer? why aren't you laughing?) 5B especially will beat 5A, 5B and even 5C most of the time.
  • 2D or D.Wings of Purgatory his Ziodyne easily
  • You can counter super his 2D
  • 5A
  • 5A again
  • You're not done pushing 5A
  • The general theme of this matchup is that your normals are incredibly oppressive, as usual
  • Steal his meter with C/SB Command grab!

Neutral summary

• Adachi's lifeblood is composed of things you can take away: his meter and his persona cards. If you are in a position to take a card(imo even at a risk to yourself), it is very important to do so. IF HE GETS PERSONA BROKEN, HE LOSES ALL BUFFS. This is very important. Yes Adachi gets a combo off of Heat Riser usually, but the buff is incredibly valuable as well. Plus losing Magatsu Mandala buff is just meter completely gone to waste.
  • Adachi is much slower and less mobile than you are. He has no neutral game. Basically, keep in mind he wants to j.C more than he wants to breathe, eat or sleep. It would also be wise to take a sec and go into Training Mode to see what ranges he can Evil Smile at, as it's a fixed distance from the Police Dick himself. Be mindful of any 2C(upward rising persona attack) as it could lead to an attack on the ground. Punish careless 2D(cross slash) whenever possible.
  • Sometimes I throw a Survival Knife out and it'll hit his J.C from the other side because it's so big, so pbbbbttttt.

Offense summary

• Either he respects your buttons or he dies. Simple as that. His 2B is a decent anti-air but must be used perfectly and is awful on whiff. Other than that, he will (once again)probably be looking for your teleports to 2B. I think his DP moves forward enough to catch a fully spaced 5A but I haven't tested it personally, so you'll have to worry about that. Baiting his DP is a big win because of how much blue life it takes. If you start going for command grabs, be mindful that his D command grab(Megidola) has grab invulnerability to a certain point. Other than that, even 2A has more range than his 5A. You can really push whatever you want as long as you're smart about it and where you're pressuring him from. Personally I like short hopping, I catch a lot of Megidolas.
  • Take his fucking meter with C or SB. Command Grab whenever possible, he has enough health to go around but meter is his real lifeblood. Slurp that shit up like a Dairy Queen™ Blizzard®.
  • Worth mentioning once again that the Heat Riser buff reduces damage taken by 10%, and it stacks in Awakening, so factor that into your "will this kill" equations.
  • Most Adachi players really don't want to burst if they don't have to. Gold Burst is WAY important for him. 50 meter AND full persona cards? Cha-ching!
  • DP>Super leaves him with so much blue life it's unbelievable, but it's still an option he has so watch out

Defense summary

• You don't want to be on the defensive, to state the obvious. If the Adachi knows what he's doing, you'll get grabbed out of nowhere and wonder where it came from. Otherwise, his high/low mixup game is VERY weak. His overheads are... his DP's first hit(virtually unreactable, to be fair) and his AOA. His 2A doesn't hit low, so his lows are also usually the end of his strings, 5AAA, sweep and gunshot. Because of this, his mixup game revolves around blocking/not blocking, you know the drill.
  • The command grab is to be feared, as he can get pretty stable damage off of it. My advice is to block low until he shows you he's smart enough to sneak it in there. For an example, a lot of Adachi that I've played do 5AA>236B(the stance)>214C(stance cancelled into command grab virtually immediately) and when you hold up back maybe 5AA>delayed 5B, so it can be tricky. He can only jump cancel his 5A which has PUNY range, it's utterly pitiful. 5B is multiple hits, but can be dash cancelled so keep an eye out for that.
  • Gunshot ends his blockstrings at -1, SB gunshot has enormous advantage so respect it.
  • If he gets too used to ending strings with sweep>gunshot DP the sweep mid slide.
  • He wants to meaty 5A
  • Be as slippery as fucking possible when he has Mandala buff or else he'll give you the unblockable police dick as shown earlier
  • Watch for gimmicks such as 2C whiff>Ghastly Wail for halfscreen command grab.
  • Your DP on whiff leaves you crouching and he gets hella damage on crouching. Es no bueno.

Shadow Specific Details

6VzmBZ0.jpg

Could you imagine though?

Oki summary

idunnolol. If max range 5A will make the first hit of his DP whiff then that's probably the go to shit, otherwise it can still be safejumped I believe. Remember that even though Adachi really really wants meter, they will still sometimes wake up with SB Atom Smasher(VORPAL BLADE) or Ghastly Wail. So y'know, watch your toes. Sorry I can't be of much help here.

I think it's 6-4 or 5.5-4.5, but definitely in Minazuki's favor.