Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

Stay Down! Vs Akihiko

Akihiko Tools

Minazuki Tools

Neutral summary

Offense summary

Defense summary

Oki summary

Shadow Specific Details

Ratio   :ballPSHO: -/-  :ballAK: 

aww, no info about this match? Well I got questions on how to handle his pressure. Just got out of a long set of matches against him. First off, Is whatever pressure he is doing good from that stance thing? I was trying to see what was true from it. I couldnt DP out of it. I would get hit by some low hook sweep. I also noticed at some points he would cancel it for a run grab? dont know if its a cancel or not but teching the grabs lead me to just trying to grab him in general when I think its coming and sometimes I could grab him out of some of that stuff. So is that a nice counter option against him? I just realized through all that I never tried to do the dash through thing either. Maybe it works.   Also his j.B was beating out mine at some points. I think it starts up faster. oh yea, at some points I would have to block him crossing me up. That made the trying to tech his grabs way more confusing. Im going to assume there is a tell for when the throw and crossup option may be coming. dont really know how his moves look as of yet to tell it. 

I know its alot but its what I took away from the set. Any help would be appreciated. 

Edit: oh yea, iirc when I tried the safe jump after teleport I would get hit by wake up 2B. That button that sick? Pretty sure when Yu does it we just clasy or I get over and punish. 

In my experience, Akihiko cannot be safe-jumped. Mostly I just try to outspace him, since Minazuki's got quite a large advantage when it comes to range. 5A outspaces his DP, and just try to stay out of range of his 2B. His j.B has a good hitbox with a lot of active frames, but, again, it's range isn't great (although it can cover a lot of space in an air-dash). Minazuki's 2B beats it pretty cleanly in my experience.

As for Akihiko's pressure, it's only really bad if you're playing online (I find it really obnoxious to deal with when there's even a little bit of lag). But, assuming you're playing offline, you need to be patient. Jump or break his throw attempts (I seem to remember having some luck with the jump air throw/block low os), react to his overhead, watch for his ex crossup, and look for a good time to jump out or roll. DP to get out works, but Akihiko can get some very big damage off of a DP punish, so be very careful. Same goes for rolls, so don't rely on them too much.

During pressure, while holding down-back, input a jump and a throw really quickly, and then immediately switch to blocking down back. So, it should look like 1 > 7 + CD > 1. If you did it right, you'll only be vulnerable to lows for a frame or two, and you'll jump if there's a gap, and you'll break a throw if there is one. However, there's still a jump start-up where you'll be vulnerable, so it can be risky.

See this thread for more information on the OS: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9522-lordknight-explains-defense-and-defensive-option-selects-in-p4u2/

I was just looking over it, and I'm not sure I was explaining the OS properly. Here's Lord Knight's post about it, which I recommend reading: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9522-lordknight-explains-defense-and-defensive-option-selects-in-p4u2/?p=848109. There's considerably better information in there than in the short post I made.