Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

ベール ベル Vs Elizabeth

Elizabeth Tools

Minazuki Tools

Neutral summary

Offense summary

Defense summary

Oki summary

Ratio   :ballPSHO: -/-  :ballEL: 

I'm having problems keeping up pressure on Liz.  Her 2B stuffs throws, 2A, jump canceling things, jumping, and extends pretty far into 5A range (so it's hard to make it whiff entirely).  Just constantly doing 5A pressure only goes so far, and there's other answers to that.  If I block it like baiting DP, she starts her own pressure.  Going into a longer string and doing other frametraps steadily loses advantage if they just block,  I'm really stumped; it's super frustrating.

I'm having problems keeping up pressure on Liz.  Her 2B stuffs throws, 2A, jump canceling things, jumping, and extends pretty far into 5A range (so it's hard to make it whiff entirely).  Just constantly doing 5A pressure only goes so far, and there's other answers to that.  If I block it like baiting DP, she starts her own pressure.  Going into a longer string and doing other frametraps steadily loses advantage if they just block,  I'm really stumped; it's super frustrating.

AoA, abuse SB rekka to get back in whenever you feel like it, just do raw D teleport if she's trying to do wakeup buttons. Seriously this sounds dumb but it's a good way to make people actually care about what you're doing as compared to them just mashing.

Jump cancelling 2B/5B into immediate j.b is a scrubby way to try to continue the blockstrings, but they can 2B it once they're used to it.

Really though 5A should really shut down any desire on their part to hit anything as ridiculous as wakeup 2B. I will literally do dashing 5A five times in a row sometimes if they are content to block. You can even mix up with 5AA, it's only -1  as well. If they're willing to block after that, just throw a Survival Knife and get in. There are no frame traps for Minazuki better than 5A -> 5A in most situations.

Thanks for the advice, I'll think about it.  Maybe the people I'm playing just have me read, since it seems like they always know when to do the 2B vs getting hit by a 5A.

AoA, abuse SB rekka to get back in whenever you feel like it, just do raw D teleport if she's trying to do wakeup buttons. Seriously this sounds dumb but it's a good way to make people actually care about what you're doing as compared to them just mashing.

Jump cancelling 2B/5B into immediate j.b is a scrubby way to try to continue the blockstrings, but they can 2B it once they're used to it.

Really though 5A should really shut down any desire on their part to hit anything as ridiculous as wakeup 2B. I will literally do dashing 5A five times in a row sometimes if they are content to block. You can even mix up with 5AA, it's only -1  as well. If they're willing to block after that, just throw a Survival Knife and get in. There are no frame traps for Minazuki better than 5A -> 5A in most situations.

its pretty risky for her to do anything at all against minazuki when he's in 5a range, one confirm and she loses over half life

You can counter 5C 5D, and Scream. At Safe 5B range for Liz, you can Wave super if you can react.

The true secret scumbag fuck Liz strat is reversal 5B her strings. First hit will break the persona, second hit will hit Liz. If she isn't careful on spacing, show her why she's a shit character and you're not.

The true secret scumbag fuck Liz strat is reversal 5B her strings. First hit will break the persona, second hit will hit Liz. If she isn't careful on spacing, show her why she's a shit character and you're not.

How does this work? Wouldn't you get frametrapped?

How does this work? Wouldn't you get frametrapped?

It depends entirely on what string the Liz uses. It's not something I'd recommend doing, though, as most of her staggers kill any reversal mashing outside of 5A/2As and DP. Minazuki's 5B isn't fast enough to try to get out of staggers with it.