Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4AU] Naoto vs. Adachi

It needn't be said but his DP is an overhead followed by a low, so make sure to block accordingly. You can safejump it like a regular DP, but the "mixup" might trip you up a few times. It doesn't have much CH state so if you want an FC punish you have to use 25 meter on SB Double Fang, but you can go into a Blight loop afterward. If you want to save meter, you can punish with 5C CH > 2[C] > (dash) 5B > 5C > 2C > 236B~D > 5C > IAD jB > jC > 5C > 214A~Cx5 instead.

Always try to 2B his j2D (cross slash move) as it drops down from the sky. You can hit it with other moves as it comes out too, but 2B is probably the safest because of the head invul. Once you show them you know how to break their cards they'll probably be a bit more conservative with their Persona use.

5D (Ziodyne) is a problem if you block it since it lets him get in for almost unsee-able mixups. You'll want to avoid blocking it at all costs. At first you might be tempted to DP > counter shot or Safety, but these are risky. If he sees you backstep, they can punish you with a FC combo, and you can't fire the countershot until DP is done absorbing the 5D. A better solution is to just react and try to shoot Adachi before the 5D comes out, or even just run up to him and try to hit him with a dashing 5B or Sweep, since 5D has a lengthier startup than it might appear.

jC is pretty crazy. Good luck anti-airing it if they space it right. I would just treat it like Aigis's jC and try to roll past it if you can. If you block it and they cancel into j2D, I think Adachi might be +, but I'll have to test it out.

This matchup doesn't seem too bad once you know how to deal with wild Adachi gimmicks. I think Naoto has some pretty good tools to keep him honest in neutral. He can wreck you when he gets in, but the same is true for us.

Yeah the only problem I had so far was the jc, but anything else it seemed naoto had a upper hand in the MU guns reaps silence

Just saw Denpa avoid Adachi's 5D on stream by super jumping and then laying a trap, and then air dashing forward and then laying another trap in order to delay Naoto's falling momentum. Not sure if air dashing backwards would work though but it's something worth testing.

http://twitch.tv/radiowave777

Neat lil tidbit. 236B and 236AB both goes over low stuff or there just isnt a hitbox on naotos feet at the time. You can use it to go through stuff tho mainly for this matchup it means block overhead, go through low with fang and get a fatal even without meter woohoo. Also as said before you can break j2D before it hits, it doesnt seem to actually have a hit to it till his persona touches the ground so dont fear it too much but be wary of doing air traps  while its a possible thing at the time of doing so. It hurts

Anyone try using Blight to tag Adachi out of j.C? I feel that if there's an air normal that 2B has a hard time beating then there's always Blight.

J.C's hitbox is so massive if it's spaced well it'll crush venom Zappa. Sometimes I feel like you just gotta hold the J.C but his mixup isn't ridiculous so I'm okay with it. But really telegraphed jump-ins should be zapped, 2B almost never work

So I was trying to find an OS against Adachi's DP and I think i got one. A>C>BD. If you do this right the DP wont come out between 5A>5C when you get 5A to connect but on whiff youll get DP then can do DP~Safety>2C fatal. Neato. Tho if you mistime the meaty this will uhh....go really bad. Tho the backdash OS on liz's DP should also work and be a bit safer if you did mistime it so that might be a better idea but since its a strike you could also end up getting caught out of the backdash. 

Edit: Heres a video example http://youtu.be/AXoWF9L1Ouw

Random tidbit about this matchup but while Adachi's mixup isn't exactly scary compared to others, you definitely want to be blocking low more than high since getting hit by his sweep when he has at least 25 SP hurts. Also you don't want to be too jump/fuzzy jump OS happy since his 2B is pretty good for blowing that up when he's up close and personal; at midrange, delayed 5C.

On the other hand, while he has j.C to gorilla his way in, Adachi can be intimidated by traps so sometimes they may do 5D or 2D to clear a path but it's pretty easy to touch his Persona out of those moves.

So I was trying to find an OS against Adachi's DP and I think i got one. A>C>BD. If you do this right the DP wont come out between 5A>5C when you get 5A to connect but on whiff youll get DP then can do DP~Safety>2C fatal. Neato. Tho if you mistime the meaty this will uhh....go really bad. Tho the backdash OS on liz's DP should also work and be a bit safer if you did mistime it so that might be a better idea but since its a strike you could also end up getting caught out of the backdash. 

Edit: Heres a video example http://youtu.be/AXoWF9L1Ouw

Not trying to undermine your finding (good job btw), but my personal nitpick is if that you use this OS and Adachi doesn't do anything, you give up the opportunity to do 5A/2A stagger pressure (Which is one of Naoto's main methods to open up opponents/earn respect up close since her mixup isn't the greatest), but again, this is just a personal nitpick of mine so pay it no mind.

Messing with it more i was able to get it to work inbetween 5AA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsvO23DXH14 )  so 5A>2A might be possible as well it just becomes a stricter window.

theres also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk0TWjx7PGM   however i still need to test more to see if theres a way to delay tech out of it.

Going off shikki vs denpa, denpa would either whenever he got 5AAA as S.Naoto he would

-safejump with jC into fuzzy guard/fshiki jA or low mixup

-set ctrap if he didnt see him tech just yet and go for the same after?

So while the fuzzy guard/fshiki wouldnt be as prevelant in most matchups if its possible to reasonably get the safe jump jC when they tech right away or have the ctrap as a "meaty" when they delay tech, then you can add in a OS with the jC to deal with certain odd dps (Adachi Slab Margaret) or just throw it in there as a way to avoid the chance to super cancel out of em and if they delay tech you get the usual thing of going for pressure or getting them out of their roll attempts through the trap. Might not be super amazing but itd be pretty nice if this works so conveniently