Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TGS

[CT] ν-13 General Discussion Thread

and why's that?

Super easy combos, all purpose pokes, fantastic speed, and braindead zoning. You don't even need her offense. I picked her up in like an hour and was beating regulars at the game. She is just that easy.

So from day 1 of BB console release I have been playing nu and I find myself dying a lot in online and offline battles. I have the basic combos down and I can hit confirm into them fairly well, but I don't really know how to effectively keep a good zoning game going. Its obvious to me that my zoning has massive gaps in it and once the opponent finds them they just trounce me. Is there a general basic zoning strategy I can start out with and build from there? Should I be moving around constantly or holding my ground and just spamming more swords?

i find it beneficial to be as mobile as possible. Make good use of Act Pulsar too. If someone is blocking your DD combos from full screen Act Pulsar over there and grab them to shake them up. It's hard to see what your holes are and how to help you since you are making a very general question. Maybe make a couple of vids and the community will be able to take a look at you. I also find that watching your own replays helps TOOOOON. If you get really trounced by someone in an online match Save the replay and view it a couple times until you figure out WHY you lost. Sorry if that doesn't help.

Hey, don't know how this would work, but say you have 100 meter. Full and ready, your opponent is... who is for some reason, mid-screen. 236236D and he blocks it. What is useful at this point? 4DD into 236236D?

Hey, don't know how this would work, but say you have 100 meter. Full and ready, your opponent is... who is for some reason, mid-screen.

236236D and he blocks it. What is useful at this point? 4DD into 236236D?

If hes blocking it high and not Perfect Guarding (which is stupid if he/she isnt) then rush in and do a 3C followed by a 6C to bounce them off the wall again into another 5DD combo and start the fun all over again.

Can someone clarify for me something? I heard that Unlimited Nu's combos are vastly different from normal Nu. Drives either come out faster or they have a slight change in angle/double the amount you normally get.

Can someone clarify for me something? I heard that Unlimited Nu's combos are vastly different from normal Nu. Drives either come out faster or they have a slight change in angle/double the amount you normally get.

you're playing the wrong version

Reason I need to know is because I've fought Unlimited Nu players on occasion, Just clarify it and hold back on the remarks please.

Reason I need to know is because I've fought Unlimited Nu players on occasion, Just clarify it and hold back on the remarks please.

because clearly playing unlimited chars is serious business :china: :china:

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

C'mon guys just answer the damn question about her drive moves...I hate dealing with this bull.

Well, Nu gets two swords instead of one using drive.

Question has already been answered.

The additional sword causes her drive moves to hit a much bigger area, making her zoning better. Her combos mostly stay the stay same, but she gets unblockables with Legacy Edge, constant meter regeneration, and vastly superior zoning as perks.

So from day 1 of BB console release I have been playing nu and I find myself dying a lot in online and offline battles. I have the basic combos down and I can hit confirm into them fairly well, but I don't really know how to effectively keep a good zoning game going. Its obvious to me that my zoning has massive gaps in it and once the opponent finds them they just trounce me. Is there a general basic zoning strategy I can start out with and build from there? Should I be moving around constantly or holding my ground and just spamming more swords?

You are probably not using enough 2c.

This is more of a preference question. For those who are main Nu and use an arcade stick how do you set up the buttons? I had mine set up as D A B C so my thumb was on D but its hard to do all the drive combos. Just kinda curious as to what Nu players find to be the most rewarding set up. Thanks Bash

I believe i play the same way as you. A B C D I dont mind using my thumb for most of her combos, and actually kind of find it easier.

ah well thats good to hear...i tried putting D on the ring finger and it doesn't feel right. Im sure I just need some more practice

I believe there are two options on the arcade. I never used one, but remember reading it somewhere.

Option One:

B C D

A

Option Two:

A B C

D

I was messing around with IAD crossup j.C and was wondering if there was a reason nobody seems to use it. You can land and combo into 3C > 236D > RC > 5DD > etc for about 3600+ so it seems odd that I haven't seen anyone use it or even talk about it.

Can you get it to work consistently on any other than Tager? I played around with this a while ago, but most characters seemed able to duck it for free, and many I couldn't get it to work on even when standing.

Okay that makes sense. None of the people I was using it on were ducking it, I'll have to let them know how to get around it. I hadn't really thought about it myself. Too bad though, but maybe there's still some way to sneak in a shorter IAD j2C if people are conditioned to duck the crossup jC. Overall though it's probably not worth bothering with when you can just sit across the screen and throw shit or just run up and do 3C/TK overhead mixups off of 2C.

Okay that makes sense. None of the people I was using it on were ducking it, I'll have to let them know how to get around it. I hadn't really thought about it myself.

Too bad though, but maybe there's still some way to sneak in a shorter IAD j2C if people are conditioned to duck the crossup jC. Overall though it's probably not worth bothering with when you can just sit across the screen and throw shit or just run up and do 3C/TK overhead mixups off of 2C.

It's really good against Tager. If you do 5DD > 4DD > IAD > j.b, j.c, and you do it right, two things happen:

1) j.b hits on the left, but momentum causes j.c to cross up

2) It connects as a fuzzy guard

Not sure if it's effective on anyone else...definitely something I should be playing around with more.

Question about learning the 5DD > 4DD > IAD > j.B > j.C > 2C etc combo.. Would Tager be the best character to use to at least get the timing down since he has the biggest hitbox before moving on to the smaller characters? Also who do you think would be the next easiest to move on to after getting it down on Tager?

It is pretty much the same timing for all the characters it works on so ya Tager would work. Practice it at one backdash away from the starting position in training mode. Btw it doesn't work on Bang, Carl, Noel, Rachael, and Tao.