Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pssych

[P4AU] Yosuke vs Aigis

I'll go and start this one off seeing as I play against a really good EU Aigis. In this matchup you just want to try and stick to the basic punishes you've always been doing in P4A:

- Evasion dash her 2B if you're on ground and pretty close to her for quite good damage.

- j.2A/B/AB (Flying Kunai) her 2B (An amazing punish with her 2B would be to j.2B, then if you have the meter, super cancel into SB Garudyne for some decent damage.

- Try to be careful with your meter when awakening as you'll need it for Sukukaja but you don't want to be blowing it up on Guard Cancelling/Breaking.

- Aigis' defense still sucks, so don't be scared to get in on her with this matchup. (Her DP is kinda average although the recovery sucks.

- Be very careful with using your j.D full screen as she will 2B you then if it does hit, she'll go into Orgia.

- A really good thing to do is when you're in Awakening, try and use Sukukaja D after a combo as she won't really have any options when it comes to defence, however she can still DP.

Hope this helps guys!

Played this match up a bit against a solid player and I have some thoughts.

Air to air feels like it's in Aigis's favor so it's better to stay grounded in neutral unless she's in Orgia mode than it's probably a good idea to try to avoid engaging her unless you get a clear opportunity to punish.

We're have better normals for point blank range so try to stay on her when you get in and if you catch her in Orgia mode and it's about to run out, she'll most likely DP to avoid overheating so her DP ends up being fairly easy to predict as long as you're keeping a close eye on her meter.

Aigis has the ability to take nearly any hit confirm into massive damage and has a variety of ranged attacks which make using j.D to approach safely not an option most of the time so don't be so eager to get your Persona broken.

Many of her setups are cross-over based so keep those setups in mind and never DP during those cross-over circumstances since they'll have plenty of time to punish you.

I've always found this match up a difficult one and it feels about the same as I remember it in P4A thus far. 

I found this match up got easier the more I stayed in the air. You avoid the bulldozer that is boost j. C, and if Aigis tries to 2B you can j. 2C fatal through it pretty much on reaction (or kunai sb garu).

Air to air it's pretty much even, and in orgia she can confirm for way more damage off CH j. A, so it pays to keep an eye on her meter.

I disagree with air to air being even, she has better hit box, more active frames and superior combo ability off confirms in the air. 

If the Aigis player knows how to play neutral properly in the air, it's seems fairly difficult battle to win in the air. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC8nItPrG-0&feature=youtu.be

Felt like revisiting a classic strat.  Beats orgia backdash on wakeup cleanly.