Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

Axl Low Forum Collaborative Combo Vid

I am very interested in seeing a sequence wherein Eddie uses Shadow Gallery and Axl clashes with 5P, Eddie cancels to FD and holds it, Axl flies up with Raiei H, FRCs it as he hits the ground as Eddie does Shadow Gallery from offscreen, Axl clashes with 5P, and this repeats until one side or the other runs out of tension.

You may be able to do that with j.6P directly from the FRC (Rather than landing and doing 5P)

Eddie j.D would probably clash with stuff that actually hit the dinosaur head itself, like maybe an Axl 6K. But from that video it doesn't look like there would be time to get that in before Eddie lands. Maybe an Axl RC on the blocked Raiei, into a falling j.6P would do the trick! And possibly go right into another clash on the way down, like Axl j.S vs Eddie j.K, and then into some landing fullscreen clashes.

Eddie j.D would probably clash with stuff that actually hit the dinosaur head itself, like maybe an Axl 6K. But from that video it doesn't look like there would be time to get that in before Eddie lands. Maybe an Axl RC on the blocked Raiei, into a falling j.6P would do the trick! And possibly go right into another clash on the way down, like Axl j.S vs Eddie j.K, and then into some landing fullscreen clashes.

Technically, I don't think Axl would have time to do anything in the air after RC falling, since it puts him on the ground in some ludicrously low number of frames regardless of height.

I'd support Await Rescue, since it's appropriately epic, but I don't really think instrumental stuff works well for combo videos. I have one last suggestion, but I have a feeling no one will care, since it's so outside the norm for what goes into combo videos: The Strokes - "Ize of the World"

my vote goes to "another one bites the dust" and start off the vid with an impossible dust combo, if no one has one for the vid yet, i'll work on one when i get home :p that or mc hammer - "HAMMERTIME" :eng101: ok, one more recommendation, rehab - "wht do u wnt frm me" and this is all just ideas forming in my head, iono how it would really play out in reality, but i'm picturing a mix-up into dust: (opponent blocking) XXX > rensen FRC > 632147S (JI) FRC (crossup) > airdash back to the otherside of them > j.63214S FRC > bomber > 2K > 2D > 46H cancel (opponent jumps and FD's) > 5P/2P > rensen FRC > IAD j.D > bomber > 2K > DUST! though it doesn't leave any tension for the actual combo...odds are someone would get mixed up somewhere in there...or axl gets airthrown during the overhead cross-up...but hey! :psyduck:

my vote goes to "another one bites the dust" and start off the vid with an impossible dust combo, if no one has one for the vid yet, i'll work on one when i get home :p

that or mc hammer - "HAMMERTIME" :eng101:

ok, one more recommendation, rehab - "wht do u wnt frm me"

and this is all just ideas forming in my head, iono how it would really play out in reality, but i'm picturing a mix-up into dust: (opponent blocking)

XXX > rensen FRC > 632147S (JI) FRC (crossup) > airdash back to the otherside of them > j.63214S FRC > bomber > 2K > 2D > 46H cancel (opponent jumps and FD's) > 5P/2P > rensen FRC > IAD j.D > bomber > 2K > DUST!

though it doesn't leave any tension for the actual combo...odds are someone would get mixed up somewhere in there...or axl gets airthrown during the overhead cross-up...but hey! :psyduck:

That mixup happens too often in matches, dude.

Well, I guess very few people actually successfully FD the fake Rashou into AA stuff, but still. I'd rather fill it with clashing than blockstrings/mixup sequences.

4-27-09: Project is seemingly dead, having gone without activity for 12 days. I think this can be rectified. Someone get me a full list of the combos we're using, and I'll record them. Then, I'll work out an estimate of the length, and we can make a final decision on the song.

Shouldn't you be the one who knows exactly what combo is to be used ? ^^ Anyway, I'm looking forward to see this video guys. Especially if your 50 hits or so on Potemkin is done ^^

Shouldn't you be the one who knows exactly what combo is to be used ? ^^

Not really, I've pretty much taken a backseat on this thing so far, except for the music and a few organizational things. I may record more combos than whoever lists them puts, but I think other people in this thread are more informed on what they want to see included.

I'll try and put together a list later tonight. EDIT: Hah! I actually cannot do this right now, because my parents' Internet filter blocks the word "b0mb"! Hah! Haha. :psyduck:

I'll try and put together a list later tonight.

EDIT: Hah! I actually cannot do this right now, because my parents' Internet filter blocks the word "b0mb"! Hah! Haha. :psyduck:

This is the most ghetto thing. Congratulations.

Clearly you should be a bad kid like I was, learn your parents' password, and give yourself an admin account on your system. Of course, they eventually decided just to not have a filter, because that shit is fully pointless.

Not sure life can be infused into this thread, but here's hoping life will be infused into gear with its re-release!

I would like to put together some kind of Axl vid and I thought this would be the best thread to ask (since it is about CMVs). What software have you used to record on your computer and what equipment have you used to hook up your television to said computer. I willing to download and buy what's required.

As, someone else already necro'd this, quick question. Was this video ever made/released? I'm decent with video editing, and have Power Director 9 if you guys ever need any help.

Coolio. When I'm able to record I might send some stuff your way. I haven't even learned how to really use Windows Movie Maker.

I'd steer clear of WMM, if you can help it. There are better free editors out there. Not saying I'm an advanced editor or anything, I've just had my share of troubles with it, as many others have. It's ...ok I guess, for someone who's not familiar with any kind of editing, or if you want to do something very simple. I'm not saying don't use it, just don't be surprised if you get frustrated over something little. If you'd like a decent video editor I'd suggest CyberLink Power Director, Sony Vegas, or something along those lines. PM me if you need help attaining one of them.

I'd really love some raw video of decent quality to work with though. I need to work on my editing skills some more, I just don't have any material. I don't have the money to get a decent capture card, and the one I have is having issues with my PC.

PSN/Live release brings some life into GG forums? Or what?

I still has all combos from my last CM. But they all take 11GB on my harddrive

Oh wow. How much recording time is that 11GB?

Since gear is being re-released, and will probably be played by a crowd not already waiting with baited breath, I wanted to put together some kind of tutorial vid for axl. I ordered what I'll need to record, but it will arrive from Hong Kong in fo to fiv weeks, which gives me ample time to decide what I want the vid to cover. I'd like a CMV, but I'm not much for creating awesome flashy combos -.-

With the news about Guilty Gear AC Plus R, I'm not sure how helpful a tutorial vid will be with an outdated version of the game. I am looking forward to some of the changes, like how 5P gatlings into 6K.