Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkWarrior

Use for Fake GF

In my matches thus far, I have yet to find a good use for the Fake Gunflame (214P) in any matches, be them live players or CPUs. And I was wondering if it even has any use in Sol's gameplan, or any of his matchups.

I like using it to cut the recovery frames on sol's 5hs. Also to setup some weird false gaps up close after 2d or close slash. You can mix it up with the actual gunflame to get people to try and jump out of pressure and go for the air throw or whatever. Granted its not something really good or even something wiht lots of effective uses, but not too terrible to throw out in certain situations.

I can name an easy example: if you do a string and someone would retaliate with greed sever when you GF and you don't have enough tension to FRC that GF, you do GF Feint instead. Generally its there to prevent people thinking they get a free jump somewhere regardless of what your tension gauge is telling them. As a bonus you can use it as a mixup to throw your opponent:P

In my matches thus far, I have yet to find a good use for the Fake Gunflame (214P) in any matches, be them live players or CPUs.

What Tage said is true. As for the CPU, you can't mix up the computer, so it's only really good there for cutting recovery times.

It gives a nice little chunk of tension too

yeah i made it a habit to throw this out for the tension, especially around the 50% mark, its fun for the blockstrings, i use it sometimes to pick up people when they fall so i can throw out a real gf or other tiny fun things.

i watched a video once(can't remember who was fighting) but sol combo'd into corner->backdash->gf feint->gf feint->tyrant rave..i think it worked because the other person was thinking he'd gf frc..he ended up airdashing in for combo but ran into a tyrant rave..personally i use gf feint just to keep people honest..a friend told me in the heat of the fight its not easy to differentiate the two on startup when you have to worry about a bunch of other things..just my 2 cents..

while fighting an Order-Sol's Charge, GF feint mixup with gf FRC works failry good just to screw with your opponent