October 10-12, 2014

Hilton North Raleigh

3415 Wake Forest Road

Raleigh, NC 27609

Contact sites:

www.tfctournament.com

www.facebook.com/tfctournament

www.twitter.com/tfctournament

Once again the time has come to bring the NE and SE together in the heart NC! Last year exceeded our wildest dreams as TFC2k13 was a huge success and we are looking to make it even better this year. With TFC being the last USA Premier qualifier for the CAPCOM PRO TOUR and the addition of Gears Of War and Pokemon x/y tournaments added to action packed FG tournament roster TFC2k14 is going to be a tournament you will not want to miss!

======

We'll be opening up registration for main tournament games on Thursday, April 14, 2014 via www.tfctournament.com

Online registration fee will be $30 for early bird. Save $20 on the door event badge fee if you pre register during the early bird special. Early bird special will run from Monday April 14th until July 1st. Once July the 2nd hits, online registration will be increased to $40 for the event badge. This will last from July 1st until Sunday September 28, 2014. For those that miss the online registration we will have Emergency on-site registration that will run on Friday October 10th 8am through 12pm. Emergency at the door registration will be $50, so if you want to save some cash please pre-register when it becomes available! Here's what you get when you pre-register

1) Very quick check-in line as opposed to a 1 hour registration time

2) Allows the organizer to create Pool assignments that will be posted days in advance of the event. This allows us to separate people by region. If you register on-site, there is a very high chance you'll play your friends!

3) Help the community and create a stress-free environment for all players and TOs. When you know when you're up, there's no waiting around! Come and go as you please, just come back when your pool starts!

NOTE: EMERGENCY REGISTRATION IS NOT GUARANTEED - WE WILL ONLY ALLOW EMERGENCY REGISTRATION AS LONG AS THERE ARE AVAILABLE SPOTS LEFT IN THE BRACKETS - THE ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE ENTRY TO THE EVENT IS TO REGISTER ONLINE!

$20 Spectator fee. Children under the age of 12 (accompanied with parent) unless they are competing are free to spectate and elderly are also free to spectate. We will also have a lost badge fee of $20 for those that miss place your badge during the event, but you must show PROOF OF PURCHASE to receive the lost badge fee. If you can not show proof of purchase you will have to pay the full emergency door fee of $50 to regain entry to the event. If you are competing in ANY singles/teams/arcade/side tournament at TFC2k14 you must get a competitors badge to compete, period!

======

Streams:

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp

http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

We will be using the same ultra-efficient pool system we've been using across our events for the past couple years. By ensuring that around 16 or 32 (depending on the game) people are in each bracket, pools can run very fast and very efficiently. I will be doing brackets by hand again this year in order to better guarantee that people don't have to play 2 games at once. Since we're using smaller brackets, there will be more pools available to place players in, making sure you guys don't have to be in 2 places at once. Just report to your pool, stick around for 2-3 hours depending on how you play, and you're done! If you do have to play more than one game at a time, it is YOUR responsibility to tell your pool handler that you're in another game. If you go missing for 20 minutes because you were playing in another tournament, you might get DQ'd because the bracket runner doesn't know where you are.

======

The games that will be held as main tournaments are as follows:

*Ultra Street Fighter 4 (Xbox 360) - $10

*Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360) - $10

*BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3) - $10 -- (All anime games P4a, GG)

*TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) - $10

*INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) - $10

*Killer Instinct (XB1) - $10

*King of Fighters XIII (PS3) - $10

*Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3) - $10

*Soulcalibur V (PS3) - $10

*Super Smash Brothers Melee/Brawl/ProjectM (GC/Wii) - $10 per game

*Pokémon X/Y- (3ds) - $10

*Gears Of War (Xbox 360) - $10

=====

Addition: ALL TEAM TOURNAMENTS WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2013 IN THE SPORTS BAR!!! So if you're interested in competing in the team events then you might want to get here on Friday. All team events will be held in the "Skybox Grill & Bar". All team events are 3v3 single elimination.

If you'd like to run a tournament for other games, feel free to do so! We have PLENTY of space!

=====

We will have a BYOC room for people to play casuals during the event that spectators can play also. We will also have a old school Arcade thanks to Tony Majors. The same guy who brought the arcade to TFC last year is packing up his gear and coming to TFC so you guys can enjoy! Here's a small list of games that will be at arcade:

Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo - on h2h Japanese cabinets

Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike - on h2h Japanese cabinets

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - on American stand up cab with Sanwa parts

Capcom VS SNK 2 - Japanese cab

Marvel VS Capcom 2 - Japanese cab

Samurai Showdow 2 - American stand up cab Japanese parts

Double Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and many more. I don't want people to forget the origins of the FGC so having some type of link to the past is important to us and the arcade is where this community came from. Spectators can play casuals in the arcade, but if you want to enter any arcade tournaments you must have a competitors badge to do so.

=====

If you guys have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to voice them here or shoot us a PM or contact the webmaster on our website and we'll respond in a timely manner! We'll have more info about TFC2k14 coming soon so keep your eyes open on this event page and our home/twitter pages also at Contact sites:

www.tfctournament.com

www.facebook.com/tfctournament

www.twitter.com/tfctournament

We'll see you guys in NC! Get HYPE!

Are you guys running UNIEL? I don't see it listed anywhere, but it'd also be really weird to be running AH3LM/BB/GG and not be running UNIEL, especially since UNIEL looks to grab better numbers than AH3/GG right now. I'd really appreciate the clarification.

Persona is on the schedule, but not listed as a game choice when pre-registering, and vice versa for Guilty Gear. I will pre-reg and sign up for P4A at the venue I suppose, but wanted to point that out.

My flight doesn't land until 5:40pm so it looks like I'll be missing the Blazblue tournament. Oh well, I'll win the shit out of UNIEL instead. I hope I don't miss GG+R too though =(

Sign in to follow this