Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celerity

[P4AU] Marie Combo Thread (Updated 4/13/15)

First of all, I hope you all already know, but just to clarify, that combo is from an AA 2B.

For any of the AA combos, 5BB can be done as quickly as possible. I only delay the second 2B enough to get them at the proper height for 5BB > 2AB to work.

Delaying the 2nd hit in 5BB might give you a little bit of extra time to combo the sweep because it delays the ground slam, but it also makes your descent slower, so I'm not really sure what is easier. You'll have to decide on the timing that's easiest for you. Just remember you need to be doing these combos off of a (sometimes very) high/close AA confirm, and the height/distance is character specific, so you should probably practice on a big character like Yu until you understand the range and can contrast it with other characters.

Also, that's the reason why I added an AA route that works from low 2B > 5C > 2C confirms, so you can go into that one if you think they're too low for the better combo to work.

I just don't know when 2A+B is supposed to hit. I mean, there is NO WAY it hits at the same time the character ground bounces from 5BB

It's definitely after the ground bounce, because in longer combos the sweep won't connect as they ground tech from 5BB immediately. And delaying the 2nd part of 5BB does seem to make the timing slightly more lenient, or at least it doesn't hurt.

FC 214A~C>214A~C>5C>2C>2B>5BB>2AB>236B>airdash>j.B>j.2B>5AAAA>236236C~A [5716] is a better non OMB fatal

the second pandora makes it so you actually gain 1 meter overall

If you're in awakening with at least 99 meter you can do 5AAAA>236236B>omc>236236C~A for 6436

For the combos that use: 236A(2) -> OMC -> followup, is that 236A two times or are you just OMC-ing on the second hit of 236A?

Also, do we have a combo that works on Adachi/Liz/Shos/Yukiko, or are we stuck using that really small combo on them (talking about the basic hitconfirm into 236A xx weather change super)?

the 5BB>JC combo works on Yukiko and Adachi, it's the Labrys twins, Teddie, Shos, and Liz that it doesn't work on

And yeah, the best we have for them is the 5AA>5B>5C>2AB>236A and universal anti-air or corner stuff

For the combos that use: 236A(2) -> OMC -> followup, is that 236A two times or are you just OMC-ing on the second hit of 236A?

Anything(2) means the second hit. It's a combo specifically for when they block the first hit of 236A and get hit by the overhead part, although you can use it off of a full 236A as well.

corner throw into super combo should be 

• Throw > (66) > 2AB > 236B > j.66B > j.2B > j.C(w) > 2B> 5C > 2C > 2B > 236A > 236236C~A - [4416]

Also, while I haven't tested it on everyone, 5AA>2B>5C>5BB>j.C>5AA>5B>5C>2C>5B>2AB>236A [3052] is the best normal starter corner combo I've come across

does 4702 with super

looks like it SHOULD work on everyone but the annoying 5

5AA > 5B > 5C > 2AB > 236A(2) > OMC > 66 5C > 2C > 2B > 5B > j.B > j.2B > j.D - [2903(Midscreen to corner oki)

can be improved by doing 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2AB > 236A(2) > OMC > 66 5B > 5C > 2C > 2B > j.B > j.2B > j.D [3143]

corner throw into super combo should be 

• Throw > (66) > 2AB > 236B > j.66B > j.2B > j.C(w) > 2B> 5C > 2C > 2B > 236A > 236236C~A - [4416]

Not sure about that. You need to be RIGHT in the corner for this to work, and I don't think you can connect 2B at all if you dash before 2AB. Secondly, your damage is off, it's actually 4166. Don't use weather buffs to pad your numbers.

I'll include it because it's more optimal, but I wouldn't recommend the massive increase in difficulty for an extra ~70 damage.

5AA > 5B > 5C > 2AB > 236A(2) > OMC > 66 5C > 2C > 2B > 5B > j.B > j.2B > j.D - [2903(Midscreen to corner oki)

can be improved by doing 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2AB > 236A(2) > OMC > 66 5B > 5C > 2C > 2B > j.B > j.2B > j.D [3143]

j.B whiffs. Also the damage on this combo (yellow beated) is 2852. You must have been doing it from a raw B starter or something.

I think it's still possible if you dash in for the sweep, but I'd have to make sure. The j.66B timing is pretty specific for getting the 2B to connect.

I forgot to say that was level 2 sunny damage, though, sorry about that

I've tested the full OMC combo midscreen and corner, it definitely works. 

I can record a video if I really have to.

Edit: I just realized that the first 5B in that should be a 2B, it's a typo from while I was experimenting with small ways to optimize it

You're right, it connects with 2B, but it's still only 2848 damage. I don't know where you're getting 3150 from.

5AA > 2B > 5C > 2AB > 236A > OMC > 5B > 5C > 2C > 5B > j.B > j.2B is 2875

wow I must've been fucking tired when I posted that

that combo should be 5AA>2B>5C>2AB>236A>OMC>5B>5C>2C>2B>j.B>j.C>jc>j.B>j.2B>j.D

It's a bit unfortunate that no matter what variation you do they can negate the oki by rolling or late teching though

replacing the j.D in your combo with j.C seems like much better oki

can't be rolled or 2Bd but it can still be negated with a late tech

the most I've heard of someone getting off it was stunedge saying he got 3k

honestly, given the proration and range, it seems more like it's just meant for opening up opponents and letting you get something set up

wow I must've been fucking tired when I posted that

that combo should be 5AA>2B>5C>2AB>236A>OMC>5B>5C>2C>2B>j.B>j.C>jc>j.B>j.2B>j.D

It's a bit unfortunate that no matter what variation you do they can negate the oki by rolling or late teching though

replacing the j.D in your combo with j.C seems like much better oki

can't be rolled or 2Bd but it can still be negated with a late tech

When you extend the combo too much and get them higher with extra jump cancels, they recover way too early, so it doesn't work for oki at all.

If you're doing the oki properly, it beats late tech because the third arrow will hit meaty.

2B > 5C > 2C > 2B > 5BB > Sweep > 236B > air dash j.B > j.C > 236236A

Whatever I do, I can't sweep after 5bb... After 5b I can but not after 5bb

You need to delay the hits prior (both 2B > 5B and 5B > B) so the opponent is higher in the air (more travel time between the second 5BB hit and spike into the ground). That's why most of the mid-air 5BB parts in her combos are preceded by a 2B or 5C (to knock the opponent higher into the air). This combo is actually pretty easy once you understand the theory behind how it works.

So it's possible to combo off of throw midscreen with OMC, but I'm not getting much damage without having to be in awakening/spending 100 SP

combo I'm doing: Throw, OMC on 5th hit of throw, 5BB, 2B, 5C, 2C, 5B xx 236A

Not sure if there's anyway to optimize this or if it's even worth it to OMC off throw midscreen, but I thought it might be something worth noting since I've come across a lot of situations where I throw-punished something and couldn't quite kill/wasn't close enough to the corner to get the wall splat.

Optimal damage corner throw combo (50 SP):

C+D > 5C > 5BB > 2A+B > 236+B > 66 j.B > j.2B > j.C (whiff) > 5AAAA > 236236+C~A (4390 dmg out of Sunny/4640 dmg in Sunny)

Midscreen throw combo (100 SP):

C+D (2 hits?) > OMC > 5C > 5BB > 2A+B > 66 j.B > j.2B > j.C (whiff) > 5AAAA > 236236+C~A (3590 dmg out of Sunny/3840 dmg in Sunny)

Optimal damage corner throw combo (50 SP):

C+D > 5C > 5BB > 2A+B > 236+B > 66 j.B > j.2B > j.C (whiff) > 5AAAA > 236236+C~A (4390 dmg out of Sunny/4640 dmg in Sunny)

Midscreen throw combo (100 SP):

C+D (2 hits?) > OMC > 5C > 5BB > 2A+B > 66 j.B > j.2B > j.C (whiff) > 5AAAA > 236236+C~A (3590 dmg out of Sunny/3840 dmg in Sunny)

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if this isn't possible on Yu, but I'm really struggling to link 5BB into sweep. 

you have to delay the second hit of 5BB to make the sweep connect on Narukami, the Shos, and probably others

Also the fact that we can do 5.7k off a corner throw with 150 meter in snowy weather is just dumb and great

thanks arcsys

CH 5C > 236B > j.66B > j.2B > j.C(w) > 5A > 5AA > delay 5C > 236A > 5AAAA > 236236C~A [4929/-50SP/+41SP]

236A sideswaps, so midscreen only

5B > 236A > OMC > (66) > 5C > 2C > 2B > 5B > delay 5BB > 2AB > 236B > j.66B > j.2B > j.C(w) > 5AAAA [3551/-50SP/+4SP]

4951 with lvl 1 sunny, 5201 with lvl 2 sunny

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if this isn't possible on Yu, but I'm really struggling to link 5BB into sweep. 

Make sure to delay the first 5B press after connecting 5C too. You want the opponent to be as high in the air as possible when the second hit of 5BB connects. This combo is stricter timing than her usual B&B combos. I can confirm it works on Yu no problem.

Need help with a combo on the first page.

• AA 2B > 5C > 2C > 2B > 5BB > 2AB > 236B > j.66B > j.2B > j.C(w) > 5AAAA > 236236C~A - [4716]

What am I doing at the j.C part? After j.2B, either I'll land before j.C comes out or they'll land before it can come out (usually both happens).  Also, for another combo on the first page,

AA 2B > 5BB > 2B > 5C > 2C > 5C > 236A > 236236C~A

How am I doing 5C 2C 5C?