Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RingmasterXX

#R How to do the Dustloop?

I'm lernin2GG still, I consider myself mid level, but still can't seem to use the dustloop, can I haz tipz plox?

I only know one setup, but when doing the actual loop, you do one j.D, let the stick/pad go to neutral, and then tap j.D again.

according to the banner its k, k, k, k, spec. kick; kick, j slash, kick, vorrukanniku vaipa, dust.

I didn't know Dustloop had only one Dust command in there. >_>

That is so horribly wrong.

I believe it was j.D, j.D, j.D, j.D, j.K, j.D, j.S, j.D, Bandit Revolver, Bandit Bringer according to the banner.

Long story short: You got the commands wrong (except for Bandit Revolver). It's called Dustloop for a reason.

well yeah i know. like i said never have done it b4.

but im not going to argue this too much- the second to last one looks like the vaipa to me.

vorukanniku=volcanic.

and "horribly" wrong?

dude, chill out. its not like i live eat, sleep, and breathe gg, i just wanna play and get good at it... which leads me to a previous question-

how is it possible to do jumping dust over and over in a combo?

well yeah i know. like i said never have done it b4.

but im not going to argue this too much- the second to last one looks like the vaipa to me.

vorukanniku=volcanic.

and "horribly" wrong?

dude, chill out. its not like i live eat, sleep, and breathe gg, i just wanna play and get good at it... which leads me to a previous question-

how is it possible to do jumping dust over and over in a combo?

1: I didn't see your edit.

2: It's not smart to post as if you know what you're talking about when you don't.

3: I could swear it was called BR. Oh well.

4: You're taking it a bit too seriously there...the only GG I played was #R, and even I know it is called a Dustloop for a reason. I didn't mean anything by it.

5: JC?

Reread the first page. There's a whole video full of dustloops and right before your post that you deleted is a link to a guide. Dustloop is possible in XX, and is easier to do.

wull sorry, im used to having to defend myself from the people on srk.

you seem to like that i want to learn which is cool..

i just have but one question though- how do you jd multiple times in one combo if jumping dust is a knockdown move?

(assuming that jd is jumping dust.)

just answer that and i'll leave you alone ok? happy holidays.

Sol's j.D doesn't knockdown and it works the same way any other combo works. Have you given it a try in training mode or at least looked at the youtube vids?

Edit: nevermind I'm an idiot I was doing the wrong combo. Hey guys I have a question about the "running" dustloop. When do you inputthe dash? And should the dash be more of a dash/jump, or a dash > end dash > jump forward? I keep gettivgto the part in the loop where I "should" dash, but my opponent is either too low or out of the "beat" for me to reach them with jump D. Here's the notation: command grab in corner > dash under > 2H > j.K > j.S > j.D > JC > D(in air, close to ground) > land > j.S > j.D > JC > j.D > land > j.D ... This is where I get pushed out if I don't finish with VV. I gues my question is, should I be able to continue this with a [land > dash > j.D], or is that the right time to finish with VV? Thanks for any help. Sorry if this is a little convoluted.

The "standard" (meaning it works on almost everyone in the cast) #R DL is just: (j.D j.D, land)x3 j.K j.D -> JC dj.S dj.D -> 623S 214K. Note that you have to do a running jump before all of the jumping moves.

Kain, I believe you got the banner wrong too lol. It's jd, jd, jd, jd, jk, jd, js, Vorrukanniku vaipa, and what looks like a wild throw.

If anyone's still confused, the banner is: j.D, j.D,(land) j.D, j.D,(land), j.k, j.D, j.S, j.D, volcanic viper, and knockdown(the kick you do after volcanic viper hits, 214K).