Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celerity

[P4AU] Marie vs Sho

Discuss your thoughts on the Sho matchup here! Every opinion is helpful.

General Gameplan

-

Zoning and Trap Placement

-

Offense

-

Defense

-

Things to Look Out For

-

Summary

-

What exactly do we have to get Sho off us?  As soon as i'm touched by his j.b i'm locked down(either that or im not getting marie's neutral game).  Oddly enough, I can handle Minazuki easier.

What exactly do we have to get Sho off us?  As soon as i'm touched by his j.b i'm locked down(either that or im not getting marie's neutral game).  Oddly enough, I can handle Minazuki easier.

That sort of sounds right. It sounds right in the sense that Sho specializes in pressure much more than Minazuki so you should be struggling to get him off you more so than Minazuki. But it sounds wrong in the sense that you should overall be having more trouble with Minazuki. Eh, no big deal though. Probably just that a lot of Minazukis here in the west are not yet utilizing his full potential.

So yeah, Sho is a hard one to get off you. Not a lot of pointers I can give. Here's some stuff you should look out for

• 5A and 2A stagger pressure. Max range 5A isn't as good as it used to be when it used to be + on block but it's still good at harassing people every now and then, especially a character like Marie who's lacking in fast pokes with good range.
  • 2C is 30f but is very + on block
  • SB Destruction Fang is a pretty fast overhead and unlike Minazuki, Sho doesn't have to go through the whole chain of Flash Fang > Soaring Fang > Destruction Fang. He can just go straight into it
  • C High Speed Movement > SB Soaring Fang is good when Shos are varying their pressure and + on block if they use SB Soaring Fang and not regular Soaring Fang. SB High Speed Movement is scary, especially the air version from a jump or IAD.

In addition to looking out for the above, don't forget to make use of system mechanics like Guard Cancels and Guard Cancel Quick Escapes to help you out.

Oh yeah, special neutral note, SB High Speed Movement has invuln in the middle. A Sho can use it to get past a present in neutral so keep an eye out for it guys.