Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celerity

[P4AU] Marie vs Junpei

Discuss your thoughts on the Junpei matchup here! Every opinion is helpful.

General Gameplan

-

Zoning and Trap Placement

-

Offense

-

Defense

-

Things to Look Out For

-

Summary

-

So I figured I'll chime in on my opinions for this match-up, given that it's one of the most played for me in our scene.

- Junpei's j.b is a complete pain in the butt and one of his better tools when it comes to punishing bad Kaguya j.C, 5C's or improperly spaced 2B/5B.  It's one of those match-ups where you can't just AA everything he does on reaction, since that bat will often or not trade in favor for Junpei based on its hitbox.  5B is what I use to make him respect my air space, as well as pre-emptive 5Cs.  Junpei's j.b isn't terribly fast, so 5C'ing a spammer isn't terribly difficult.

-  Maybe the Junpei's I'm playing aren't doing it right, but I feel that Marie dominates the close range game (even more so when she has a present backing her up.)  Baiting out one of his panic buttons such as DP or his jab is a whole lot easier with just using basic strings, especially because a lot of his options using the Bat are slower and harder to use as a reactive measure (such as AA with 2B).  I usually mix up my options based on the weather or what my opponent has been favoring.  If they're getting too comfortable with the j.B's, I go for cloud coverage to discourage it.  Junpei's mobility is easy to exploit after all.

- Without a very reliable panic button/reversal option, Junpei

- If he's the one laying in on the offense, there's a few strings to exploit or punish when given the opportunity:

1.) The Trismegistus slide (2C?) that they use to go into jump loops can be back-dashed or 2B'd before it comes out.  I usually just backdash into 5A to break one of his cards, unless I'm feeling gutsy.  Don't DP it.  Marie will end up floating right in front of Junpei and you'll give him a free 2B punish into combo.  Even worse if he has Victory Cry

2.) Fireball/Agi: I DON'T know if this is safe or not, haven't checked the frame data.  I've been able to punish with A version of Bag (qcf+A) and get a counter-hit.  I usually go for this when I have 50 meter or more, to get more damage for my efforts.  For more consistent routes, 5BB -> ground combo is probably a better idea.

3.) It is possible to DP right before the final hit of the hurricane swing attack Junpei does (that multi-hitting spinning hit.) 

Will add more later.