Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celerity

[P4AU] Marie vs Aigis

Discuss your thoughts on the Aigis matchup here! Every opinion is helpful.

General Gameplan

-

Zoning and Trap Placement

-

Offense

-

Defense

-

Things to Look Out For

-

Summary

-

Kinda need some advice on this matchup. I know Aigis doesn't have much on defense besides FA and orgia backdash. Neutral vs Aigis seems to be a major pain in the ass for Marie. I'm not even sure she can 2B or 5B Aigis's J.B and J.C. Her 2B covers a good amount of space, shutting down aerial approaches. 236A can snipe you out of 214A. I find myself just waiting for a chance to just dash in and 5B or 2AB to start any offense.

clouds in neutral shut Aigis down really hard because of her orgia movement

take the most advantage you can when you can get a hit throwing out cloud oki instead of chocolate can really help out

if you see a chance to break her persona take it, j.C is annoying and so are her d counters  if the Aigis decides to use them

Also try to armor bag through some things if you can it'll help you deal with 2B

Kinda need some advice on this matchup. I know Aigis doesn't have much on defense besides FA and orgia backdash. Neutral vs Aigis seems to be a major pain in the ass for Marie. I'm not even sure she can 2B or 5B Aigis's J.B and J.C. Her 2B covers a good amount of space, shutting down aerial approaches. 236A can snipe you out of 214A. I find myself just waiting for a chance to just dash in and 5B or 2AB to start any offense.

Guess I'll throw in some advice as well. 

I'm not even sure she can 2B or 5B Aigis's J.B and J.C

I want to say you can AA Aigis' j.B but it's important to keep in mind Aigis' orgia movement options. An Aigis with really good movement has the option to hover or pull back out of AA range to bait an AA. As for j.C, j.C isn't a normal you deal with by trying to AA. Instead, what you want to do is not be in the space you anticipate it's going to hit. If you don't think you can get out of the way in time, then you should just stay put and block it. It's not worth risking getting opened up right off the bat. 

Her 2B covers a good amount of space, shutting down aerial approaches

Yes, it does. Try to roll through it on the ground instead. 

236A can snipe you out of 214A

Yes, it can. But you can also jump over it and approach from the air while it's whiffing.